Sign in to follow this  
KBH

Big Watches are officially out of style!

swissaddict
Says the man with a PAM for his avitar... :(

well it's a 42mm PAM, only 11mm thick :frusty:

and I didn't say I was immune to following trends! i am human, i want to fit in. but i'm not naiive enough or full of false pride to claim i just buy what i like and am not influenced by trends or social norms.

Edited by swissaddict

swissaddict
Ya, I think Hollywood is stranger than S.F. (From what I hear.)

Definitely true in my experience... SF has some flamers for sure, there are some colorful characters.... but in Hollywood people are brainwashed. it's nuts down there.

Luthier

and I didn't say I was immune to following trends! i am human, i want to fit in. but i'm not naiive enough or full of false pride to claim i just buy what i like and am not influenced by trends or social norms.

SA, where did you find PAM 42mmX11mm???

As far as I know- all PAMs are or 40mm or 44mm.

New breed? Or too old one?

swissaddict

SA, where did you find PAM 42mmX11mm???

As far as I know- all PAMs are or 40mm or 44mm.

New breed? Or too old one?

The most common Luminors are 40mm or 44mm.. but there are also Luminor and Radiomir models in 42mm, 45mm and 47mm (Fiddy!) : )

My 42mm Radiomir is gen, but there were some replica 42mm Radiomirs also. The best one was the "Wempe" Radiomir, but none are produced anymore.. they come up for sale used sometimes on RG, RWI, and RWG.cc though.

Luthier

Your Radiomir is gorgeous, especially rehault, I just can't stand wire lugs.

iabounty

People are nuts..... They let other nutty people talk them into buying items or products that they don't like or want in the first place.....Then they bitch.........Buy what YOU like not what someone tells you you should like...... It's not rocket science after all. My 30mm chain gun is way out of style these days but do I care? Hell no.......... :blink:

Luthier
People are nuts..... They let other nutty people talk them into buying items or products that they don't like or want in the first place.....Then they bitch.........Buy what YOU like not what someone tells you you should like...... It's not rocket science after all. My 30mm chain gun is way out of style these days but do I care? Hell no.......... :gunbandana:

IA, pictures of your gun, please, or it never happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;):):)

JoeyB
People are nuts..... They let other nutty people talk them into buying items or products that they don't like or want in the first place.....Then they bitch.........Buy what YOU like not what someone tells you you should like...... It's not rocket science after all. My 30mm chain gun is way out of style these days but do I care? Hell no.......... ;)

Hey, it's not out of style, that's a fun gun! 14_6_12.gif

greg_r

Luthier: Yeah, Glashutte Senator Sixties. Gorgeous watch - very retro. I've been trying to find an original 1960's Glashutte (gen) for a while but have yet to see a good one at the right price. Might have to buy a rep of the current version in the meantime ;)

greg_r

As far as 'big watches being out of style' goes, I only have one response :)

;)

wat44

2011 and big watches are still "in" so obviously Forbes has no idea

jdoe

Well, sounds like I have to adjust my tastes away from discrete thin watches. Damn!

dano

I really dont think I could pull off one of those small thin dress watches

Fuck forbes.

jameo210369

check the date when this thread started, still lots of the old guys still posting.

I agree with wat44 "Forbes had no idea"

jdoe
check the date when this thread started

:huh:

Edited by jdoe

Member X

Check out styleforum for some entertainment - some of them look like they got dressed in the dark lol

I'm not taking any advice from people who think they should dictate other people's dress sense, especially when their heads are so far up their own arses I'm surprised they can see their own watches...

gottahaverolex
Check out styleforum for some entertainment - some of them look like they got dressed in the dark lol

I'm not taking any advice from people who think they should dictate other people's dress sense, especially when theire heads are so far up their own arses I'm surprised they can see their own watches...

I'm a fashionista myself and I hate the bullshit attitudes on STYLEFORUMS. They are a bunch of douchebags wearing ill fitting clothes that think they have a good sense of style. THEY DO NOT! well...most of them anyway. My wife and I are opening a men's clothing boutique in the next year at a certain east coast beach town where there is nothing like it! We've done the market research and it should be a money maker. I'm a clothes, shoes and watch whore!!!! oh and cars too! LOL! GQ magazine did their style manual 2011 this winter and features lots of Breits, PAMs, Rollies etc. There is something to be said about smaller elegant watches when you are wearing a suit or tux but for sport or casual wear our 43mm average is still well in style. Trust me, I wouldn't be wearing them if they were OUT of style.

Edited by gottahaverolex

Luthier

39-40mm watches on my 8" wrist???

Laughable.

Cynikal.Mindset

people that talk about style generally have none...ie those who wear nuthugger jeans aka everybody thats "in style"

JohnG
39-40mm watches on my 8" wrist???

Laughable.

You don't count the hair when measuring wrist size.

Member X

I'm not taking any advice from people who think they should dictate other people's dress sense, especially when theire heads are so far up their own arses I'm surprised they can see their own watches...

I'm a fashionista myself and I hate the bullshit attitudes on STYLEFORUMS. They are a bunch of douchebags wearing ill fitting clothes that think they have a good sense of style. THEY DO NOT! well...most of them anyway. My wife and I are opening a men's clothing boutique in the next year at a certain east coast beach town where there is nothing like it! We've done the market research and it should be a money maker. I'm a clothes, shoes and watch whore!!!! oh and cars too! LOL! GQ magazine did their style manual 2011 this winter and features lots of Breits, PAMs, Rollies etc. There is something to be said about smaller elegant watches when you are wearing a suit or tux but for sport or casual wear our 43mm average is still well in style. Trust me, I wouldn't be wearing them if they were OUT of style.

Glad to hear it :D lol

Good luck with the store, may it be reasonably priced and not too snobby ;) lol :P

Do we get a discount for mail order? :picard2:

Cynikal.Mindset

gottahaverolex is gonna be dressing the jersey shore kids this summer...stock up on shirts with lots of rhinestones and skulls bro oh and only carry size small cuz no matter how big they are size small fits bro.

randy3y

The weekend edition of the Wall Street Journal also had a front page article about the trend in watches.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405..._MoreIn_Fashion

The bottom line of the article was that the trend is back to classics - retro.

Some watches mentioned:

IWC Schaffhausen's Portuguese Hand-wound 5454

B&R Original 126

A nice line about Egg McMuffins - now what watch could they possibly be thinking about!!!

gottahaverolex

Glad to hear it :nana: lol

Good luck with the store, may it be reasonably priced and not too snobby :nana: lol :facepalm:

Do we get a discount for mail order? :beer2:

LOL! It will be fairly high end stuff, no snobbery at all though! Poor guys in this are have nowhere to go for nice stylish clothes but OUTLETS. Definitely give you guys a discount but ya gotta come visit the store! HAHA!