Junior88

My budding collection...

Luxuracer
20 hours ago, Junior88 said:

All in all, I think they did a really good job capturing the aesthetics of the original watch, at least in a basic DHGate sort of way.  Close enough that a dumb fuck like me bought it, and I will enjoy it.  On to the pics. 

9BHuYHb.jpg

Beautiful .... Jr      :thumbsup:

It looks a lot better than I was expecting.

Junior88
16 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Beautiful .... Jr      :thumbsup:

It looks a lot better than I was expecting.

Yeah, me too. Pleasantly surprised. Took a chance on this one lol!

Junior88

Newest addition to the watchbox. 

I saw this online quite by accident, and NOT in a place I would normally buy ANYTHING. 

But I saw it, and had to have one. I purchased this from the Bradford Exchange. It really has no brand name, it is a handwind Lancaster Bomber Dambusters commemorative watch. It's a limited run of 5000 pieces, and this is number 2970.  Anyone who knows me, knows how into history, and aircraft (particularly military aircraft) I am. I've had a love of both race cars and aircraft ever since I was old enough to know what they were. 

I love this watch. Yes, the rose gold is plated. Is it a high dollar watch? No. Did I pay too much for it? At $199 CAD, probably. Do I care? No. This watch is me in so many ways that the price doesn't matter. 

ctbCT1n.jpgCUeHMsj.jpg

WNOFf9k.jpg

NCRich
2 minutes ago, Junior88 said:

I saw this online quite by accident, and NOT in a place I would normally buy ANYTHING. 

But I saw it, and had to have one. I purchased this from the Bradford Exchange. It really has no brand name, it is a handwind Lancaster Bomber Dambusters commemorative watch. It's a limited run of 5000 pieces, and this is number 2970.  Anyone who knows me, knows how into history, and aircraft (particularly military aircraft) I am. I've had a love of both race cars and aircraft ever since I was old enough to know what they were. 

I love this watch. Yes, the rose gold is plated. Is it a high dollar watch? No. Did I pay too much for it? At $199 CAD, probably. Do I care? No. This watch is me in so many ways that the price doesn't matter. 

ctbCT1n.jpgCUeHMsj.jpg

WNOFf9k.jpg

That is pretty cool.  Neat watch.

Junior88
7 minutes ago, NCRich said:

That is pretty cool.  Neat watch.

Thanks @NCRich Definitely a niche thing. I really, really liked it though. 

Junior88

Not sure how in the hell I overlooked adding this one to the collection thread. 

I acquired this one some months ago from @Thommo82 Really am surprised with the quality of this watch considering it's originally from the Gate.  I give you the Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711. 

QAr2U7H.jpgTxcw8HE.jpg4OoBlp8.jpgM0ZpMN6.jpg

Junior88

Two new acquisitions yesterday. 

6263 Big Red quartz Daytona from DHGate, same as the one @NCRich has as a passaround watch.  Also picked up a 116500 from @narikaa, to replace one that I purchased from @fatarmslast year.  The movement kinda went south on me on that one, one of the chrono buttons stopped depressing and the crown no longer screws down. I really liked that watch, so I had get a replacement. 

Here they are!

gyvS2F3.jpggUwIYiz.jpgErJYcvq.jpg

T7yUJfS.jpgHxPMJpR.jpgPIX5ZE9.jpg

Junior88

And to sum it all up to date, I had to get another watchbox. So as it stands here is the collection after beginning January of last year. From 3 watches January 1st (none reps) to this as of February 15th, 2018. 

YJd9Toy.jpgO4gr3Oc.jpgZTUkm0U.jpg

Piloten

I see your Canadian watch made it safely . . .

I assume, still no reps?

PostMaster

That’s a real solid collection, a choice for everyday & occasion.

I think you may have a addiction lol.. some will never get it, to more watches  &:morebeer:.

All the best Sir 

Mike R

Looking  good @Junior88  

But I’m thinking it might be time for a intervention.

I’ll start you off with these three steps

Step 1 - Admitted we were powerless over watches And our spending has become unmanageable

Step 2 came to believe a power greater than RWG could restore us to sanity

Step  3 made a decision to turn our lives and our wallets over to the care of our wives

This is enough to take in for week one. :stars:

Junior88
46 minutes ago, Piloten said:

I see your Canadian watch made it safely . . .

I assume, still no reps?

Hahaha I wish. They're almost ALL reps now. I bought a few gens in the last month or so.  

The Huawei IS in there, just turned off. Same with the Android smartwatch next to it. 

27 minutes ago, PostMaster said:

That’s a real solid collection, a choice for everyday & occasion.

I think you may have a addiction lol.. some will never get it, to more watches  &:morebeer:.

All the best Sir 

Thank you sir.  Every time I think I might be close to being done collecting, I find more I like.  

5 minutes ago, Mike R said:

Looking  good @Junior88  

But I’m thinking it might be time for a intervention.

I’ll start you off with these three steps

Step 1 - Admitted we were powerless over watches And our spending has become unmanageable

Step 2 came to believe a power greater than RWG could restore us to sanity

Step  3 made a decision to turn our lives and our wallets over to the care of our wives

This is enough to take in for week one. :stars:

Haven't hit step 1 yet. 

Step 2 I was insane long before I found RWG, so no salvation there. 

Step 3 is of no help to me. Wife just told me Wednesday night to take $1000 out of our tax refund and go blow it on whatever I want. 

Golfer130i
On 09/02/2019 at 23:04, Junior88 said:

ctbCT1n.jpgCUeHMsj.jpg

WNOFf9k.jpg

Wow I really like that beauty Junior and not a bad price at all imo. I’m a big aircraft fan and missed out on a Torgoen T10303 RAF Typhoon Display Team watch last year by literally 10 minutes on a local auction site. I live near to RAF Marham in the U.K. and a serviceman based there was selling his watch that was given to him when he worked with the display team a few years earlier. I was gutted as this was never available to the general public as far as I know so would have been pretty cool to have in my collection. 

Junior88
12 minutes ago, Golfer130i said:

Wow I really like that beauty Junior and not a bad price at all imo. I’m a big aircraft fan and missed out on a Torgoen T10303 RAF Typhoon Display Team watch last year by literally 10 minutes on a local auction site. I live near to RAF Marham in the U.K. and a serviceman based there was selling his watch that was given to him when he worked with the display team a few years earlier. I was gutted as this was never available to the general public as far as I know so would have been pretty cool to have in my collection. 

Yeah, every now and again you hear of "grail" watches, and other items not available to the public coming up for sale. There are a few Daytona 500 rings that have come available from time to time,  that I would have loved to have but they ain't cheap.  

This was one that I was able to obtain, and it's an instant favourite. I have a feeling that somewhere down the line I MAY sell some watches, but this one won't be going anywhere. Ever. 

If that Torgoen is the one I'm thinking of, it indeed would have been a nice piece to get your hands on.  Breitling made a Lancaster bomber watch and while they're not exactly bank breakers (around $3-4K)  they rarely come up for sale.  One day I'll get my hands on one of those, too.  Along with a Breitling Navitimer Snowbirds edition. 

thejudge

Just two more space in watch box.....

If you gonna go to the Gate you might wanna try the Nomos Quartz and a Rep(Gen) Daniel Wellington you can get both for less than $30

Junior88
24 minutes ago, thejudge said:

Just two more space in watch box.....

If you gonna go to the Gate you might wanna try the Nomos Quartz and a Rep(Gen) Daniel Wellington you can get both for less than $30

Well, there's ONE more. I have one inbound :rofl:

I'll look into those and see if either one tickles my fancy.......

Xpletiv

Most all of those cheapo Nomos have the wrong case/lug shape and the dials are bad copies.

I have seen the DWs to be really close, though. 

bdnica
16 hours ago, Junior88 said:

6263 Big Red quartz Daytona from DHGate, same as the one @NCRich has as a passaround watch. 

Any chance of a link to the Gate seller?  Good experience?

Junior88
37 minutes ago, bdnica said:

Any chance of a link to the Gate seller?  Good experience?

Sure. Here's where I got it from. 

They were a bit slow in getting it shipped (about a week) and then it took roughly a month to get here, but they are responsive with messages. 

https://www.dhgate.com/product/aaa-luxury-men-039-s-chronograph-vintage/419552451.html

BadApple
15 hours ago, Golfer130i said:

I pinched mine off this chap......

IMG-0638.jpg

and then gave it to this man......

IMG-1474.jpg

Golfer130i
4 hours ago, BADAPPLE said:

I pinched mine off this chap......

IMG-0638.jpg

and then gave it to this man......

IMG-1474.jpg

Wow that’s Johnny Johnson ... I’m so jealous ... now that man is a true hero.

BadApple
28 minutes ago, Golfer130i said:

Wow that’s Johnny Johnson ... I’m so jealous ... now that man is a true hero.

Indeed it is and the other chap is Martin Pert - AKA "Red One" 

Met Johnny at RAF Scampton Dambusters Ball back in May last year and Martin last month at their Burns Night Dinner.

Golfer130i

I’m Mega impressed mate. I nearly had a guess at Red One ......... wish I had now. 

Luxuracer
On 09/02/2019 at 18:04, Junior88 said:

CUeHMsj.jpg

I love this one!

giphy.gif

Luxuracer
22 hours ago, Junior88 said:

And to sum it all up to date, I had to get another watchbox. So as it stands here is the collection after beginning January of last year. From 3 watches January 1st (none reps) to this as of February 15th, 2018. 

YJd9Toy.jpg

Wow .... You are going to bypass mine soon.

giphy.gif