Junior88

My budding collection...

Junior88
1 hour ago, Golfer130i said:

Wow that’s Johnny Johnson ... I’m so jealous ... now that man is a true hero.

Johnny Johnson. Damn. Red One is impressive, but Johnny Johnson? Legendary. 

That's a meet you won't ever forget. 

BadApple
2 minutes ago, Junior88 said:

Johnny Johnson. Damn. Red One is impressive, but Johnny Johnson? Legendary. 

That's a meet you won't ever forget. 

It's in my Top One of encounters !!!

Junior88
2 minutes ago, BADAPPLE said:

It's in my Top One of encounters !!!

My cousin Rich was Canada's F 18 demonstration pilot in 1989, and then did a two year stint with our Canadian Forces Snowbirds.  He was Opposing Solo his first year,  and lead solo in his 2nd year. That was 1990-1991. 

Thommo82
On 16/02/2019 at 06:56, Junior88 said:

Not sure how in the hell I overlooked adding this one to the collection thread. 

I acquired this one some months ago from @Thommo82 Really am surprised with the quality of this watch considering it's originally from the Gate.  I give you the Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711. 

QAr2U7H.jpgTxcw8HE.jpg4OoBlp8.jpgM0ZpMN6.jpg

Glad you like the watch mate, easily one of the best gate purchases I ever made. 

Detail on the movement is great!

Junior88
2 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Glad you like the watch mate, easily one of the best gate purchases I ever made. 

Detail on the movement is great!

Completely agree. Can't believe you parted with it but I am glad you did!

Thommo82
9 hours ago, Junior88 said:

Completely agree. Can't believe you parted with it but I am glad you did!

Initially my collection was all about having one of FUCKING EVERYTHING!!!!

Things changed. 

Reps don’t do it for me any more.

Now it’s about collecting the right gens for me. 

A watch for each style/type, or more than one if I particularly like a certain type of watch. 

Check this bad boy that’s on my radar. 

Old school Zenith inspired pilots watch. 

Hand made, fucking beautiful 

02-CB6-C9-B-214-D-4-CFF-8-C2-E-0-E767-C2

GingerApple
1 minute ago, Thommo82 said:

Things changed. 

A watch for each style/type, or more than one if I particularly like a certain type of watch. 

Very nice Thommo. Pricey? I really like my Zenith Pilot.

It's a shame you don't get the rep buzz anymore - we no longer see you! Soon it will be, 'Do you remember that Thommo guy that used to come on here. Yeah, the one that started competitions, but never finished them. He looked a lot like his fish, remember? He wasn't too bad a bloke considering he was from Australia. I wonder what ever did happen to him....'

Thommo82
5 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

Very nice Thommo. Pricey? I really like my Zenith Pilot.

It's a shame you don't get the rep buzz anymore - we no longer see you! Soon it will be, 'Do you remember that Thommo guy that used to come on here. Yeah, the one that started competitions, but never finished them. He looked a lot like his fish, remember? He wasn't too bad a bloke considering he was from Australia. I wonder what ever did happen to him....'

Retails at about $1600AUD for the auto. 

I’ve found them elsewhere for 1/3 that price. 

Tried it on in a boutique and fell in love, so well made.

That bloody competition will be finished once McGilli is ready. He’s still dealing with his family issues which are way more important. 

Rep lover or not, I’ll still pop in and flaunt any new watch that adorns my wrist 

GingerApple
12 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Rep lover or not, I’ll still pop in and flaunt any new watch that adorns my wrist 

And all was well with the world.

13 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

That bloody competition will be finished once McGilli is ready. He’s still dealing with his family issues which are way more important. 

You said in the comp thread - just teasing you. I do miss McGilli.

Thommo82
6 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

And all was well with the world.

You said in the comp thread - just teasing you. I do miss McGilli.

Between me and you, there will be compensation (from my part at least) for the extended time period of that rather drawn out competition.

DON’T SAY A FUCKING WORD OR YOU GET NNOOOTTTHHHIINNGGG!!!!!

GingerApple
24 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Between me and you, there will be compensation (from my part at least) for the extended time period of that rather drawn out competition.

I call dibs on the fish!

If you're not giving away the fish, I'm not interested.

Glaude
2 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

You need to stay away from that fish, he's a nasty mofo !

Junior88
4 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Things changed. 

That's a nice piece. While I'm still acquiring reps, I HAVE bought a few gens recently. Not to say that's where my focus is shifting to,  I just happened to like the ones I've picked up. 

Thommo82
21 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

I call dibs on the fish!

I’m gonna eat that fish one day. 

19 hours ago, Glaude said:

You need to stay away from that fish, he's a nasty mofo !

Evil would be a more appropriate word, trust me. 

18 hours ago, Junior88 said:

That's a nice piece. While I'm still acquiring reps, I HAVE bought a few gens recently. Not to say that's where my focus is shifting to,  I just happened to like the ones I've picked up. 

The thing that happened to me was that I knew it was a rep, and that was enough for me to lose enjoyment. 

I still love watches as much as I ever did, just headed down a different path 

GingerApple
1 minute ago, Thommo82 said:

The thing that happened to me was that I knew it was a rep, and that was enough for me to lose enjoyment. 

I still love watches as much as I ever did, just headed down a different path 

Given that I know you love a bargain, that you're a veritable Gate dweller and a signed up member of the Narikaa Fanclub, I wanted to ask; did you ever get a 'high end' rep with a good movement in it, ie something that looks and feels spot on with say a Gen ETA in it? Or a Noob Daytona with it's silky smooth and solid movement? It's because it's hard to remember ones like that are reps, such is the quality of the good ones. Maybe you were buying cheap shite and then were being surprised when they looked and felt like cheap shite? Just a thought....

Mike R
On 18/02/2019 at 06:10, Thommo82 said:

To late the secret is out,  but I won’t say a word, just save 13th place for me!:giggle:

Thommo82
12 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

Given that I know you love a bargain, that you're a veritable Gate dweller and a signed up member of the Narikaa Fanclub, I wanted to ask; did you ever get a 'high end' rep with a good movement in it, ie something that looks and feels spot on with say a Gen ETA in it? Or a Noob Daytona with it's silky smooth and solid movement? It's because it's hard to remember ones like that are reps, such is the quality of the good ones. Maybe you were buying cheap shite and then were being surprised when they looked and felt like cheap shite? Just a thought....

I know exactly where you are coming from.

Most I ever spent on a rep was $300, and even at that price point they were lovely watches. 

What itbcame down to me though was that the dial would say ‘Rolex’ but it wasn’t a Rolex. 

I have zero problem with people enjoying their reps, I just don’t get the same feeling when they are on my wrist any more.

For me now I like the mid range gens, $500-$2000, but I’m still a cheapskate and only want to pay 1/3 retail.

At this price point the watches are so beautiful. 

Problem is, in a few years I know I’ll be looking at watches in the $5000-$10000 price range, and most likely a divorce.....

7 hours ago, Mike R said:

To late the secret is out,  but I won’t say a word, just save 13th place for me!:giggle:

Let’s just say, I don’t think I will have any reps left by the time this comp ends....

NCRich
29 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

I know exactly where you are coming from.

Most I ever spent on a rep was $300, and even at that price point they were lovely watches. 

What itbcame down to me though was that the dial would say ‘Rolex’ but it wasn’t a Rolex. 

I have zero problem with people enjoying their reps, I just don’t get the same feeling when they are on my wrist any more.

For me now I like the mid range gens, $500-$2000, but I’m still a cheapskate and only want to pay 1/3 retail.

At this price point the watches are so beautiful. 

Problem is, in a few years I know I’ll be looking at watches in the $5000-$10000 price range, and most likely a divorce.....

Let’s just say, I don’t think I will have any reps left by the time this comp ends....

Different attitudes.  I have many, many reps that range from $20 to $1500.  I've got 25 gens that I never post, ranging from $15 to $3K.    I like em all.  Price and how good they are don't bother me in the least.  Don't care if the quartz ticks, don't care if the movement is gen, most especially don't care if its unicorn based 904 dipshit steel.  As long as I like to wear them.

I much prefer the ones I build, even if I don't do anything but look at them.  YMMV.

Thommo82
4 hours ago, NCRich said:

Different attitudes.  I have many, many reps that range from $20 to $1500.  I've got 25 gens that I never post, ranging from $15 to $3K.    I like em all.  Price and how good they are don't bother me in the least.  Don't care if the quartz ticks, don't care if the movement is gen, most especially don't care if its unicorn based 904 dipshit steel.  As long as I like to wear them.

I much prefer the ones I build, even if I don't do anything but look at them.  YMMV.

The beauty of this forum is that people like different things.

Ive got a question for you Rich

PM incoming 

Junior88

It's been awhile since I've updated my collection. I haven't been as manic as I had been about adding watches to the collection, but there ARE a few new additions.  

First, we have a microstepper quartz Speedmaster Professional. This one was originally from the illustrious DHGate, and then given a vintage makeover by the master himself @NCRich I wear this one quite often. 

qCVOX.jpgqCcki.jpgqCgJb.jpg

• Like 3

Junior88

Next up we have an IWC Regulateur. I don't know a lot about it, and it was a gift from @Piloten. It has a 649X movement in it.  Love this watch.  So comfortable. 

qPZap.jpgqPjp5.jpg

• Like 3

Junior88

Next up, this was purchased from The Bradford Exchange. This is only the second watch I've purchased from them. It's quartz, and that's about all I know. I'm a huge Snowbirds fan and since getting the Breitling Snowbirds watch isn't gonna happen any time soon, this fit the bill well enough. 

qPzFF.jpgqPHAt.jpgqPK82.jpgqPhvE.jpg

• Like 2

GingerApple

That IWC is nice, not seen that before. Interesting, but pretty too, nice colours.

• Like 1

Junior88

Next we have a Carnival  T25 Tritium.  I bought this watch because I was given one other tritium watch, and since I'm a lume fiend I had to have one that was a little smaller.  

qPAzn.jpgqPLY3.jpg

qPeks.jpg

Junior88

And last, but not least. A Deep Blue DayNight Recon T100. This watch was also a gift from @Piloten And what a watch it is.  She's huge.   233 grams,  47mm of water resistant to 1650ft goodness.  The tritium is bright, almost too bright.  5am in the pitch black and so easy to read.    This is one of my, "never leaving the watchbox" items. 

qP5VY.jpgqPWiD.jpg

qPapk.jpg

qXYxR.jpg

• Like 3