Junior88

My budding collection...

paccbet
On 22/03/2018 at 14:31, Abe Fromen said:

Nice collection! I'm in Toronto as well...

Curious about the Speedy from Mary. I've been very tempted but can't get myself to pull the trigger on it. 

Jim misses you..... :rofl:

Junior88
2 hours ago, paccbet said:

Who's Jim?

paccbet
32 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

Who's Jim?

Just some crazy parts guy from Toronto that we know lol

Junior88
12 hours ago, paccbet said:

Just some crazy parts guy from Toronto that we know lol

Lol!

Abe Fromen
On 3/24/2018 at 19:12, paccbet said:

Tell him to suck it.... 

Wait... maybe not. :D

Junior88

Newest addition arrived today, after a nearly 2 month wait. It was worth it :)

Omega Seamaster 300M. I do believe this might be the nicest one from the Gate yet.  I can't even believe that this was a DHGate cheapie. @Thommo82 did a review on this exact watch, and I have to say that this has exceeded my expectations. I have to thank him for turning me onto this one. 

The only mention of Bond on this one is the engraving on the clasp. Truly, the Bond references don't bother me at all, so if I had gotten one with the 007 second hand, it wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest. But I just cannot say enough how nice this watch is. While it's not a HEAVY watch, there is significant weight to it.  Rotor is a bit noisy, but again things like that don't bother me. 

Without further adieu, here she is:

2018-03-28_13.40.32.jpg2018-03-28_13.40.55.jpg2018-04-07_12.29.36.jpg2018-03-28_13.41.18.jpg2018-03-28_14.11.00.jpg2018-03-28_14.11.15.jpg2018-03-28_13.41.39.jpg2018-03-28_13.52.35.jpg

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, 88juniorfan said:

2018-03-28_13.52.35.jpg

Congrats .... great catch .... Jr.

You have great successes with the Gate.

Thommo82

@88juniorfan I totally agree about expectations being exceeded on this watch. Even better was the fact that I used a $20 discount voucher on this purchase and only paid $36.

007 on the bracelet is fine, wouldn’t have bothered me either, but mine has no mention of Bond anywhere on the watch.

IMHO I’d say it’s a $130 value. Very well made, bracelet alone is worth the price of the watch. 

Others said that they had play in the bezel, hows yours?

NCRich

Very nice watch.  I've owned that one before.  Congrats @88juniorfan

Junior88
34 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

@88juniorfan I totally agree about expectations being exceeded on this watch. Even better was the fact that I used a $20 discount voucher on this purchase and only paid $36.

007 on the bracelet is fine, wouldn’t have bothered me either, but mine has no mention of Bond anywhere on the watch.

IMHO I’d say it’s a $130 value. Very well made, bracelet alone is worth the price of the watch. 

Others said that they had play in the bezel, hows yours?

At least $130. You lucky bastard with the coupon, I do remember you saying that too. 

Zero play in my bezel, clicks with conviction. It's tight as a drum. I hit it with my UV flashlight and the lume is just amazing. Can't wait til tonight to see if it lasts overnight. Most of the Gate cheapies I've gotten will last overnight, albeit pretty dim by morning.  My bedroom is blacked out so even if the sun is up I can still see the lume on my watch. 

My bracelet is a bit tight, the links seem to stick a bit. Nothing a baby oil bath won't fix. If the clasp DID bother me, well, I do have a spare 20mm Speedmaster bracelet I can pop on if I really want to. 

29 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Very nice watch.  I've owned that one before.  Congrats @88juniorfan

Thank you, sir. I'm VERY pleased with this one. Impressed enough that I don't think I need to replace this one with a higher quality rep down the road. 

Junior88

So, gentlemen, this DeepSea SeaDweller arrived yesterday. This is ALSO from DHGate, and I'm compelled to say that the quality on this one is the best yet. 

It has the blue/black dial. The lume, albeit a little uneven is quite good, and although it gets dim it does last through the night. Easily seen in the dark at 6am this morning, and the last light it saw was at 10pm. 

She's big, and she's heavy. The bezel is tight, no looseness or play whatsoever.  It has what appears to be a functional HE escape valve on the side (pushing it yields some sort of spring loading) but the biggest surprise is the bracelet. Not only does it have the diver extension, but it has a microadjustable clasp. I don't think this is the glidelock, but I could be wrong. The center of the clasp lifts out to reveal little teeth, and inside just slides along for fine adjustments.  

I believe I got a LOT of watch for the money paid. This one was $75.  

Here's the pics, gents. If you want any other pics let me know. 

2018-04-06_08.28.39.jpg2018-04-06_08.29.35.jpg2018-04-06_08.23.32.jpg20180406_223332.jpg

2018-04-06_08.42.31.jpg2018-04-06_08.23.53.jpg2018-04-06_08.23.59.jpg2018-04-06_08.24.21.jpg

Luxuracer
35 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

So, gentlemen, this DeepSea SeaDweller arrived yesterday. This is ALSO from DHGate, and I'm compelled to say that the quality on this one is the best yet. 

It has the blue/black dial. The lume, albeit a little uneven (I can't catch a pic of it to save my life) is quite good, and although it gets dim it does last through the night. Easily seen in the dark at 6am this morning, and the last light it saw was at 10pm. 

She's big, and she's heavy. The bezel is tight, no looseness or play whatsoever.  It has what appears to be a functional HE escape valve on the side (pushing it yields some sort of spring loading) but the biggest surprise is the bracelet. Not only does it have the diver extension, but it has a microadjustable clasp. I don't think this is the glidelock, but I could be wrong. The center of the clasp lifts out to reveal little teeth, and inside just slides along for fine adjustments.  

2018-04-06_08.28.39.jpg2018-04-06_08.29.35.jpg2018-04-06_08.23.32.jpg2018-04-06_08.42.31.jpg2018-04-06_08.23.53.jpg2018-04-06_08.23.59.jpg2018-04-06_08.24.21.jpg

Nice and solid watch for the money.

The dial, hands, bezel, case, and bracelet ... there is no sign that this is cheapie. The bracelet alone worth more than  the price, it even has screw link pins (not cheap cotter push pins).

You are joining the rank of noble concurring the Gate of Hell. You should have your own topic in the VIP section.

Junior88
1 minute ago, Luxuracer said:

Nice and solid watch for the money.

The dial, hands, bezel, case, and bracelet ... there is no sign that this is cheapie. The bracelet alone worth more than  the price, it even has screw link pins (not cheap cotter push pins).

You are joining the rank of noble concurring the Gate of Hell. You should have your own topic in the VIP section.

I'll admit, it took awhile to find this one. I found lots like it,  but it took awhile to find one that I felt was a diamond in all the shit. I think I did all right! :)

Luxuracer
18 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

I'll admit, it took awhile to find this one. I found lots like it,  but it took awhile to find one that I felt was a diamond in all the shit. I think I did all right! :)

tenor.gif

Junior88

We're almost there.......

2018-04-06_14.16.07.jpg

Luxuracer

Your collection is coming along real nice ... @88juniorfan

You better buy another watchbox .... NOW!

Next week, you will not have enough spaces for your watch.

BTW ... The Space-X is HUGE ... It looks even bigger than the DSSD D-Blue.

Junior88

The SpaceX and the Breitling seem about the same size, and the DSSD is right there with them. I think the SpaceX looks so much bigger is because it's ALL dial. There's very little bezel, whereas there's a LOT of bezel on the Breitling, and a fair bit on the DSSD as well. The SeaDweller is by far the heaviest, at 207 grams.  SpaceX and DSSD are both 44mm, while the Breitling measures at 48mm.

Hupiukko
8 hours ago, 88juniorfan said:

It has the blue/black dial. The lume, albeit a little uneven (I can't catch a pic of it to save my life) is quite good, and although it gets dim it does last through the night. Easily seen in the dark at 6am this morning, and the last light it saw was at 10pm. 

2018-04-06_08.28.39.jpg2018-04-06_08.29.35.jpg2018-04-06_08.23.32.jpg2018-04-06_08.42.31.jpg2018-04-06_08.23.53.jpg2018-04-06_08.23.59.jpg2018-04-06_08.24.21.jpg

Link please

Junior88
26 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

No posting Gate's links ... in General Discussion section.

Seriously?

Remlya
12 hours ago, 88juniorfan said:

Wow the watch doesn’t look like a $75 !

great collection you have there .

Luxuracer
2 hours ago, 88juniorfan said:

Seriously?

giphy.gif

Junior88
13 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

giphy.gif

Bastard:)

26 minutes ago, Remlya said:

Wow the watch doesn’t look like a $75 !

great collection you have there .

Thank you sir. So far, I've had really good luck. I know I'm gonna get a turd one day, but it hasn't happened yet. 

McGilli
13 hours ago, 88juniorfan said:

2018-04-06_08.29.35.jpg

Ordered - but in Black. Thanks for the heads up on this one.... Gonna look skully when I get this....