Luxuracer

The Top "12" Replica Factory

Suk

Nice and useful thread

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Luxuracer
7 hours ago, torobravo said:

I should make a thread myself. There are more than 30 factories for high end watches at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any information from you would be invaluable @torobravo 

There is not a lot of direct knowledge about these things.  

donkacper
On 9.03.2018 at 22:06, erasmus said:

Who make the BEST Rolex submariner green, the Hulk?

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

Plenty of info on the forum, do some research

erasmus
Plenty of info on the forum, do some research

Thank you

Chixisigma

Is this topic still being updated periodically, Luxu?

I heard from Mary that MK is finished

Chi

MrTimeZone
3 hours ago, Chixisigma said:

Is this topic still being updated periodically, Luxu?

I heard from Mary that MK is finished

Chi

There are changes to the market but I don't think it would always be announced considering the nature of the business. Just ask what watch you are looking for and we'll find out for you. :)

Jackofalltrades

Nice writeup.  I don't post much on RWG, so let me add a few thoughts of my own to this topic.

I've had a few pieces from YL factory (Glashutte and IWC) and am very impressed by their work.  Their IWC annual calendar is pretty impressive.  They definitely should be moved to the top tier.

As someone said, the former Chinese-Turkish KW/V6F/HBB..... factory has been "restructured, although Lord only knows who owns what now.

There are (unconfirmed) reports that H factory has been shut down by Chinese government raids and that several of their watchmakers have been imprisoned.

There are several smaller factories that are generally not as good as the ones listed, but often come up with winner watches.  

Luxuracer

Edited to add VRF and YLF

RUSH2112

How often do buyers ask specifically for a specific factory watch and not get it and never realize it was from a different source do you think?  Right brand and model but noob instead of BP, for example.

Luxuracer
4 minutes ago, RUSH2112 said:

How often do buyers ask specifically for a specific factory watch and not get it and never realize it was from a different source do you think?  Right brand and model but noob instead of BP, for example.

It rarely happened. But sometimes it does, especially between 'factories' that have exact models which are so close to each other, like ZF/YLZ, OMF/JHF ... etc ...

If you don't what to look for, you would never know. For Rolex (especially Submariner) people follow them so closely, they are hard to mix-up.

Jasonbaylee

Luxuracer, Thank You for this codex!
This should be a Sticky! Cheers

"There are more than 1 road to Rome...."

nottoday300

Great post for newbies like myself

Sleepy

Thanks, very helpful when starting out :)

vbastos

Very good information. Thx a lot.

redislandmonkey

Is a more recent version of this information available - I assume this one compiled (and updated) around a year ago will be out of date for reference now?

museguy

Hi @Luxuracer

Great thread, thank you for putting together the list of factories !

I am interested in the purchase of a Fifty Fathoms, I emailed Joshua and asked about the Noob vs ZZF factory Fifty Fathoms.  I was surprised by his response; 

"I would always suggest Noob…. ZF or ZZF dont make watches.. He just put on his tag on the watches and claim that its his production."

Is that accurate that ZZ and ZZF are not factories ?  I have purchased from Joshua in the past and he has always been straight forward with his communication.

Thank you !

Happy Holidays.

Edited by museguy
added text

RLR267
On 11/03/2018 at 23:37, torobravo said:

I should make a thread myself. There are more than 30 factories for high end watches at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you ever make that thread?   I would be interested in reading it.

To OP:  I am curious how you came to the decision those 12 are best and since this thread is several years old, would your top 12 list change or is it still the same?

To all:  Opinions on KS vs. VRF for a YachtMaster?

Edited by RLR267
Added question.

Glaude
11 minutes ago, RLR267 said:

To OP:  I am curious how you came to the decision those 12 are best and since this thread is several years old, would your top 12 list change or is it still the same?

He came up with it by leeching it on other websites :lol: 

RLR267
9 minutes ago, Glaude said:

He came up with it by leeching it on other websites :lol: 

I had seen most of that at another location, in particular I noticed that either the other side quoted him, or he quoted the other site on the VRF info.

Would really like to know about KS Factory and how it stacks up against VRF - looking at two on Trusty's and the only difference I can tell from the info provided is the factory that made it and $20.  But the lesser expensive one has GEN photos (I think because I read or was told that all GEN ads show the hands set to 10:10 and that has proven true on the Rolex website).

Theduke.williams
28 minutes ago, RLR267 said:

I had seen most of that at another location, in particular I noticed that either the other side quoted him, or he quoted the other site on the VRF info.

Would really like to know about KS Factory and how it stacks up against VRF - looking at two on Trusty's and the only difference I can tell from the info provided is the factory that made it and $20.  But the lesser expensive one has GEN photos (I think because I read or was told that all GEN ads show the hands set to 10:10 and that has proven true on the Rolex website).

You can't use the 10:10 hand positions as indicators of photos of genuine watches.

Most sellers will position the hands at 10:10 if the watch is a chronograph, or has a 'busy' face, as at this position most of the features on the dial are visible.

Sometimes the sellers forget, but not always. Heck, I've even seen watches on M2M where the hands are set at 10:10.

Granted, there are some scam sites that will show photos of gens, trying to pass off their crap as good quality, but they ain't TD's here!

RLR267

Thanks.  I am learning fast. . . I hope.

RLR267

JH Factory?  

Can't find any info.  Seems VSF is the go to for Omega, but the watch I want is made by JH and I can't find it made by VSF, there are VSF models out there, just not this one.  I sort of have my heart set on a particular model, local jewelry store lets me try it on but I have a teenager and college tuition on the horizon . . . priorities suck!

BadPickle
9 minutes ago, RLR267 said:

JH Factory?  

Can't find any info.  Seems VSF is the go to for Omega, but the watch I want is made by JH and I can't find it made by VSF, there are VSF models out there, just not this one.  I sort of have my heart set on a particular model, local jewelry store lets me try it on but I have a teenager and college tuition on the horizon . . . priorities suck!

have you tried emailing a trusted dealer for it? you'd be surprised how much they actually know about rep watches 

RLR267

Sent question to Andrew.  He has answered every question but that one.  But to be fair, he does not have the watch I want from VSF.  He has it with a 2836 modified movement (JH Factory) and he has the same model in the wrong color with  VSF Super 8500 movement.   I am not willing to settle on this point.  I want a particular color and a particular movement.  If I can't get it in a Rep, I'll start saving $$$$ for a Gen.

BadPickle

not every make/model is repped you know, what is it you're looking for