Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Inter fora photo competition.

trailboss99

RWG2 will shortly be hosting an inter fora photo competition. They asked if we wish to be a part of it and knowing the calibre of some of you lot behind a camera we said yes. RWi are also involved so lets see who comes out on top :lol:

Even more importantly we will get to see some nice watch pron! What a shame TTK ain't around to take part. What ever else he may or may not have been he took a damn fine photo.

Here is the post anounceing the competition. Get your light boxes ready.

21889996.png

It is my privilege to announce an upcoming event that is open to all registered members !!

RWG is proud to announce it's Inaugural Photo Shootout ~ A Competition to test your photography skills and a time to show off your timepieces, and your "Art" with a camera !

Prizes will be awarded to the winners and all images will be considered for a planned RWG Calendar !

There are so many members here with talent and skill with a camera .. needless to mention an imagination for some awesome Art Work !

We have decided to put these skills and your images to a "fun for all" Contest.

The format for this contest is in the works.. I'm not letting on before the official start... we don't want anyone to start ahead of time.. :morebeer:

and most importantly... It's free !! without any entree fee !!.. we have a reserve from our raffles to keep us going for a portion of the summer.. so this is a way to join in some healthy comeradery ... and also.. see what photo's we can use for a "planned" RWG Calendar !!

All that is required is for the contestant to be a registered member of RWG.. everyone is welcome to enter..

And I say Prize(s) as we are giving away a treasure trove of goodies....

Kenberg and the rest of the Admin Team have collected some awesome prizes,..

and would like to give those prizes away !!!

There will be a panel of Judges .. and the contest will be a "Round Robin" .. elimination format .. There will be separate divisions according to experience with the Len's, so weather you are a Novice or a seasoned Expert ... there is room for all to enter.

You don't have a camera?? There may be room for a phone camera division ...

OH.. before I forget ... Pugwash will head the panel of Judges.. Pug being the "Professor" of RWG's photo lab.. it will be Pug that will set the parameters for the images to be submitted.. and guide the panel of Judges on the rules for grading the images.

that's all that will be given out at this time.. so don't worry about taking any photo's now.. because the type of photo (mandatory) will be announced to everyone at the same time. .. and it "may" include a certain object to be intertwined in the image.. so everyone gets the same lead time..

Rules and time allotted will be announced..

I plan to begin soon after the ending of the Upgrade/referral raffle.. which is due to finish toward the end of the month..

We are excited as this is the time to work on taking your best of the best pics !!!

I hope to see everyone competing !! .. and having fun !!

Also the winners will receive a virtual trophy to display on their signature ...

bragging rights for 2009

svf2.jpg

We hope to see everyone from the wrist shots, and those that don't post pics often, join in!!

Aloha~Cheers

Lanikai aka... raffle meister, RWG2

***thank you TJ for the lead photo header !!

jameo210369

Stand back and make room for shaky hands Jameo, I bet everyone is hoping that I don't enter.

trailboss99

Na, enter away. I would like to see as many RWG1.1 folk as possible enter. With both RWGs and RWI involved it should be a great comp. Thanks to Lanikai and RWG2 for organising this for everybody. Good one guys! :lol:

Col.

onzenuub

Don't think boobies will be allowed. :lol:

sconehead

Better get my old Kodac Brownie fired up then... :D

phaedo
Don't think boobies will be allowed. :(

Maybe not officially, but post away anyway!

JohnG

IA is gonna win this thing for sure!!!!

JoeyB
IA is gonna win this thing for sure!!!!

That's not fair!!! Iabounty has all those weddings he can photograph! smiley-photographer.gif

iabounty
Stand back and make room for shaky hands Jameo, I bet everyone is hoping that I don't enter.

And iabounty will be right there with 'ya mate with the fuzzy, out of focus 1/8th of a mega pixle camera he uses drunk while having an epileptic fit....

trailboss99

OFFICIAL PHOTO CONTEST SIGN UP

Deadline for sign up:

May 15, 2009 (friday)

7am Hawaii Time. -10 gmt

We will have Three Divisions

NOVICE

ADVANCED OR 'EXPERT'

CELL PHONE

The Novice division will lead off... the winner of this division will be invited to paticipate in the "Expert" division

the Cell Phone division will run concurrently with the Novice Division.

the Expert Divison will run after the Novice Division is concluded

*Photo shop programs are not allowed unless specified in pre shoot format*

1.There will be multiple Judges and not all Judges will be involved at one time.. the Judges that are grading the images shall not be named at the time of the Judging.. as an example there may be 6 Judges.. but only 3 may be grading the images entered.

any Questions should be directed to the forum and posted . your answer will be posted also.

2. At no time shall Judges be pm'd .. emailed or communicated with in anyway, (once they are named) this will be grounds for disqualification.

All Judges shall be named but not for the grading portion of the Contest.

3. the themes for the contest will be the elements.

a.Earth

b.Sky/Wind

c.Water

d.FireThe theme for the shoot shall be described before hand and a time limit will be given .. ie. 24 to 48 hours (as an example)

.. imagination will be key

*Theme by Kenberg*

Please sign up and enter the division you will be entering and the Camera Equipment you will be working with.

If you have a Pro set up and are known as "Joe Image" and enter "Novice" you may be moved to the "Expert" division..

The Admin Team will determine any Changes

This is for all the Marbles.. Bragging rights for 2009 !!

Your Signature will hold the "Ultimate Shooter" InterFora Champion 2009 !!

Good Luck to All..

Let's see what ya got.. Fo Real !!

Aloha~Cheers

Lani :)

So there you have it folks. Go to it. The link to sign up is HERE

Col.