semperfi55

Classic Regulator: Fantasy Watch?

semperfi55

Hi guys,

In love with ALS watches and have been checking out TD sites to have a feel on what reps are out there for this brand.

Came across this ALS Classic Regulator watch on trustytime.  

http://trustytime.store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=8832

ALS Classic RegulatorALS Classic RegulatorALS Classic Regulator

It’s a shame that they misspelled ‘Sachsen’. Glaring. I quite like the overall design of it but haven’t come across this model on the ALS site. My question to fellow ALS fans: is this a fantasy watch?

Tried googling this watch and any matches lead to rep sites. Can’t find it on the official site. Searching ‘classic regulator’ on the forum shows a couple of  very old threads without much info and pics unavailable.

I would appreciate any info on which model this rep is based, thanks! :) 

Glaude

Can't find anything on that, it's probably a fantasy one based on the IWC regulator model

yogontz

Looks good to me,

semperfi55
16 hours ago, Glaude said:

Can't find anything on that, it's probably a fantasy one based on the IWC regulator model

Thanks for that! Checked out the IWC and definitely want that instead at some point. Also noticed this Patek which I assume is also a fantasy watch.

PP Fantasy Watch

I suppose once they rep the IWC they decided to make the most of the build  and slap other brands onto it :D 

Glaude

There's a Patek Philippe Regulator but it look nothing like this one.
It's a gray dial with date window at @10 and day window @2.

Orangutan

There is made a curious off brand Chinese of this which I've seen in HK, named Materazzi. I see it is sold online now, so in this case it would not be a fantasy watch!

ace7t6z3_o.jpg

tonyh7

All the regulateur reps Ive seen look very similar- variations on the same watch. Usually an IWC? All based on a modified chinese 6497?

tabuktime
1 hour ago, Orangutan said:

There is made a curious off brand Chinese of this which I've seen in HK, named Materazzi. I see it is sold online now, so in this case it would not be a fantasy watch!

ace7t6z3_o.jpg

Not bad looking, nice onion crown too. I'll have a closer look at this...

$599 :Whistle:  $699 with a faux tourby :redcard:

narikaa

These sorts of things happen over and over in Guangzhou

Years back there was a rep of the F.P.Journe Chronometre à Resonance (a personal all-time favourite)

These were a 'now you see it - now you dont' fast gone appearance 

Subsequently, I spotted them only to have wasted the adrenaline to find them reincarnated as different brands. Presumably, in tiddly logic more brand recognition would equal more likelihood of shifting the residual hulls. The last ones I saw were badged as 'Cartier' :facepalm:

Orangutan
24 minutes ago, tabuktime said:

Not bad looking, nice onion crown too. I'll have a closer look at this...

$599 :Whistle:  $699 with a faux tourby :redcard:

That is a bad price yes! Maybe they mean HK dollar? What I saw was $700hkd which equals $90usd. I would not pay more than that ;)