Luxuracer

New Movement: REPLICA CUSTOM ROLEX CAL.3235

Luxuracer
19 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

So you believe that there are some mysterious ultra perfect reps on some Chinese only sites that are out of the reach of our TD's? Who remember are mainly Chinese and the language wouldn't be a barrier. Yet they don't offer them for sale? They save the best for their own people and don't sell to Johnny foreigner? Must be the elusive and mythical AAAAA+++++ 1:1

Perhaps your Chinese friend has been looking at scam sites.

I still think it's bollocks and unless there is some evidence that opinion won't change.

I am not trying to convince you or anyone. I am skeptical myself.

I just read about those yesterday when I saw the review of the Clone Cal.3235 movement. These information is on a large Chinese 'imitation watch' forum. not a scam website. It doesn't even allow any selling in the forum.

Wriggles
1 minute ago, Luxuracer said:

I am not trying to convince you or anyone. I am skeptical myself.

I just read about those yesterday when I saw the review of the Clone Cal.3235 movement. These information is on a large Chinese 'imitation watch' forum. not a scam website. It doesn't even allow any selling in the forum.

Good to hear, I didn't think you were trying to convince  anyone but when you were saying your Chinese friend was telling you these things it sounded a little like you might have believed it yourself. I was only pointing out the reasoning why I think it's a load of bollocks. 

I may be wrong about these mythical reps, wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last, but it all sounds like more Chinese marketing bullshit to lure in the unsuspecting.

I honestly think the TDs would offer better product if they would earn more, so the fact they don't speaks volumes to me. Either the price would be so high and the margin so low it's not worth it, or they would be so expensive that they just wouldn't sell (near gen prices), or they just don't exist. I know which of those I think is most likely.  

What I do know is that the Asian manufacturers easily have it within their technical capabilities to copy anything they wanted if they really wanted but something is holding them back. Maybe the result would be the options listed above and they see no market in it, or the manufacturing cost is too much to risk with the legal minefields they operate in, who knows really, we're all just guessing and assuming

Luxuracer
12 hours ago, Wriggles said:

Good to hear, I didn't think you were trying to convince  anyone but when you were saying your Chinese friend was telling you these things it sounded a little like you might have believed it yourself. I was only pointing out the reasoning why I think it's a load of bollocks. 

I may be wrong about these mythical reps, wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last, but it all sounds like more Chinese marketing bullshit to lure in the unsuspecting.

I honestly think the TDs would offer better product if they would earn more, so the fact they don't speaks volumes to me. Either the price would be so high and the margin so low it's not worth it, or they would be so expensive that they just wouldn't sell (near gen prices), or they just don't exist. I know which of those I think is most likely.  

What I do know is that the Asian manufacturers easily have it within their technical capabilities to copy anything they wanted if they really wanted but something is holding them back. Maybe the result would be the options listed above and they see no market in it, or the manufacturing cost is too much to risk with the legal minefields they operate in, who knows really, we're all just guessing and assuming

One thing about replica manufacturing in China is nobody would invest in a multi-million dollar factory. There are hundreds of small factories that just do one thing. Even when it come down to the ceramic insert, it could be up to three separate 'factories', one makes the ceramic ring, one does the engraving, and sends to another to applies the color.

Wriggles
31 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

One thing about replica manufacturing in China is nobody would invest in a multi-million dollar factory. There are hundreds of small factories that just do one thing. Even when it come down to the ceramic insert, it could be up to three separate 'factories', one makes the ceramic ring, one does the engraving, and sends to another to applies the color.

I know that, my comment was aimed more at movement replication than case, dial, hands etc manufacture.

But all your points if you think about them would contradict the possible existence of these so called high imitation watches. As there are already many factories doing the various parts, many of which are the same as mainstream manufacturers the main issue is branded dial production and movement cloning. So where are the massive improvements that could provide such levels above the 'low tier' Noobs or BPs? 

The only thing I could see as possible is replicating the haute horology stuff or the handmade stuff like Patek. But to do that would involve a lot of investment as we know today they cannot rep those really accurately due to the movements. 

Not arguing with you, but none of it stacks up so again I expect it's just more Chinese hyperbole and marketing guff. A.k.a. load of bollocks

Glaude
1 hour ago, Luxuracer said:

Certainly there are some manufacturers that work like that, but I've posted a video not so long ago that also proves that big factory with almost everything done in house exists too.
China way of doing things is probably a little of both worlds but in the end I'm pretty sure all thing factories cover their ass by making "legitimate" non-fake watch like the brand you can see on Ali express now. (The video showed that) and they probably also do work for clients that will resell via kickstarter campaign, amazon etc... 

GC
On 3/6/2018 at 09:18, Luxuracer said:

Do you have Noob Factory CEO's phone number @GC?!?!

I can give it to you so you can ask him directly!

I called, he said today. ;)

Luxuracer
15 minutes ago, GC said:

Wow ... We had been waiting over a year for this.

BadPickle
15 minutes ago, GC said:

But not 904l though, so a large leap backwards? Maybe? 

Luxuracer
6 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

We can buy the bracelet from ARF ... Kakaka !

GC
8 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

I’m ok with the trade off. Fully functional chrono movement for 904 any day. 

GC
11 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Wow ... We had been waiting over a year for this.

Some of us have been waiting longer, there has been talk of this unicorn since my early days 8 years ago. 

Luxuracer
4 minutes ago, GC said:

Some of us have been waiting longer, there has been talk of this unicorn since my early days 8 years ago. 

Nahhh ... There was no Noob factory ... 8 years ago, @GC ;)

BadPickle
7 minutes ago, GC said:

I’m ok with the trade off. Fully functional chrono movement for 904 any day. 

:lol: just wait for the time bomb tales, movements exploding just like the 7750 chrono’s, members actually losing an eye/limb/ear/decapitated just winding the watch.

Scary stuff 

GC
15 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

:lol: just wait for the time bomb tales, movements exploding just like the 7750 chrono’s, members actually losing an eye/limb/ear/decapitated just winding the watch.

Scary stuff 

I got my fix with the non-working 23j ;) 

i only need my toy watches to look the part. 

But non the less, they actually built the damn thing, gotta give it to them for being able to.