My friend mascob (on RWI) as given me, and still gives, a precious help in the building of my A / 6538 Buford (still in progress), so I felt beholden.
Consequently, when he kindly asked me if I would be OK to take care of his 116610 LN, I jumped at the chance.
So I received the watch a few days ago in my letterbox.
Well ... case and bracelet only (no crystal, no movement, no dial ...) since the purpose is just to help her to look a little better.
That watch is definitely NOt a JF, with it's weird bracelet and it's SD caseback, but it deserves respect and care. Why "brushed as Rep" ?
To be honest, I have never had the opportunity to observelong enough a Gen 116610 in the details, so most of what I know about the brushing is what I have seen in pics of Gens and real ... Reps.
Plus the simple tools I use are definitely not the tools used in the RFactory.
So, even if I have done my best to help that watch to glitter and enhance its potential beauty, the brushing I have done is definitely not "as Gen".
CLEANING : During the dismounting phase, I have noticed that my good friend had sent to me not only a watch but he had kindly enclosed enough DNA so that I could try to clone him.
Of course I have kept this DNA for future scientific experiments because owning my own skilled lathe operator would be great. But that thread is not about genetic sciences so let's go back to the watch ... YUCK !!! all the parts are quickly put in a "yuckpperware" A drop of dishwashing liquid A little white vinegar… Another squirt… Some lukewarm water … And close the box for about 24 hours The case itself needs a cleaning
The pics below are proof ... there is enough DNA to clone a 3rd @mascob Used some Q-tips dipped in nail polish remover and it looks already better Then I soak it all in a mixture of dishwashing liquid + white vinegar + hot water, but without dipping the rotating bezel and insert that I prefer not to disassemble ... it seems to be a "paper clip" assembly ... a construction which is not easily disassembled ... and much more uneasily reassembled Here's what I got after 24 hours dipping TheN I wipe everything well and let everything dry for about 24 hours
REFERENCE PICS : As I have already said, I do not have a great habit of 6 digits and their type of brushing, so I went looking for reference pics.
And I have noticed that the brushing of the lugs, on this model, differs a lot from that of the 5 digits.
The brushing is not inclined with respect to the axis of the watch but it aligns with the brushing of the bracelet.
PRELIMINARY WORK : The bracelet mascob has sent to me probably comes from a 5 digits so the sides are brushed, plus they are a bit rough, with serious machining marks.
So before redoing the brushing I have to polish those sides first. To achieve a perfect result it would have been usefull to sand them with increasing grades of sandpaper (800/1200/2000) before polishing but ... I really miss spare time these days :-(
So I just took my dremel-like, felts and cottons to polish, the blue and white dialux and polished without any preparation work.
And despite the fact that I have not sanded beforehand, the bracelet sides look polished and shiny. I went cautiously on the case because I did not removed the bezel and I did not want to damage the brush on the side ... something I would be unable to redo.
While working on the clasp sides I have noticed that the part where the Coronet sits is polished, thought it should be brushed ... so I'll have to take care of that too
BRUSHING & FINISHES : Last rainy sunday morning job ...
First the brushing of the bracelet, in several stages to go "neither too far nor not enough" Everything went pretty well and we get to that Then it's time to take care of the "diver extension"  Finally the lugs and ...
The clasp with its polished part around the coronet ... a part which should not be polished so now it's brushed ... "as Rep"
In a day or two I'll have a "second look" at my work and I'm pretty certain that some parts will look "so so" to me and that I'll rework them. 
Then everything will be sent back to mascob