lanky8804

First Omega Rep Support

lanky8804

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post in.

Am looking at purchasing a PO with the black dial and orange accent (non chrono). I have done a lot of reading and research into TD and movements but am now completely  confused and looking for advise.

Have refined my TD to TrustyTime, InTime or Toro. All of whom supply what i am after.

My confusion lies with the best factory to select and most trustworthy movement as combining the 2 causes me a lot of questions. I have seen that many people recommend Noob particularly for the LM however the extra cost for this model seems very high to me.

I have seen reps from V6, OM, JH. From research V6 appears to have a good rep for Omegas but these are from a few years ago.

I am torn between the straps either nylon or SS as then the factories change as do the movements.

I am contemplating:

https://www.intime02.co/omega/3153-planet-ocean-2016-435mm-ss-v6-best-edition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a8900.html

https://www.intime02.co/omega/3858-planet-ocean-2016-435mm-ss-black-orange-bezel-om-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-black-nylon-strap-a8900.html

The SS is a Miyota 8215 where as the nylon is a Asian 2824.

Any advise from Omega fans would be greatly appreciated.

Munster87

Recently purchased an Omega PO, black with orange accent from Mary. I have to say the whole experience was superb from start to finish.

All TD's can source the watch you desire from any factory and most show what they consider to be the best options on their websites. If they have not got a website (like Mary) then just email them and ask for the watch you want and from whatever factory. If you are still not sure then they are more than willing to advise you.

It is no good asking members what they consider to be the best as they all have differing opinions on factory's, TD's etc and some get really pissed if you havn't done your homework and just being lazy to find a quick answer.

For my two peneth worth mine was ordered through Mary, from the noob factory and I couldn't be more happier! I'm just in the process of deciding on my next watch and I will be shortly mailing Mary to source it for me.

Good luck

VegasGuy

I know movement opinions are a touchy subject, but I have a Rolex Explorer 1 with an A2824 movement, and I really like the faster and smoother sweep of the second hand at 28,800bph vs. 21,600 for the Miyota 8215. I just ordered an Omega Globemaster with the Miyota 8215 movement, so I’ll compare them when it arrives. There has also been some discussion about the Miyota second hand “stuttering” – there is a video review on this site showing it. I’ve read the lollipop dial on some PO’s make it more obvious due to the extra weight at the end of the second hand, but I’m far from an expert. Given the choice, I’d personally go with the A2824 if you can live without a bracelet. My research on this and other forums also conclude that V6 makes a lot of very good Omega reps.

Edited by VegasGuy

k4jun

Both movements are fine, both will be reliable enough. Personally I think A2824 > decorated M8215 (hacking, no risk of a stuttering, bph are incorrect in both movement - gen Omega is 25k)

OMF and JHF are one and same maker, just different names.
They tend to have super nicely decorated movement but the bezel pearls are wrong, just check few photo of gens or even compare it vs V6f and you will see what I mean.

k4jun
On 18.03.2018 at 17:36, lanky8804 said:

Thank you for the responses. Have ended up going for this one: http://trustytimestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=17458

Will review when received.

Very interesting rep. I guess you will be happy.

Please post some pics of the rubber filling in the bezel insert.

Nomad_5

Hey Lanky, I was going to buy the same watch as you but ended up getting this one http://trustytimestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=15462  

It seems that Andrew is strungling to get some QC photos my way. Bought watch 11th March and still no photos... playing the waiting game now, but I guess we have to be patience.

Send us some updates once you know the logistic. Good luck mate! 

lanky8804

So received watch and love it. Very impressed with the quality and detail.

Only defect my untrained eye can see is on the rear "Thirty"is missing the "T" and the seconds orange marker is slightly shorter than gen. Im sure someone with more knowledge might spot some others but for me extremely happy.

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0453.JPGIMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

k4jun

Nice watch and looks crazy good on that strap!

What is your wrist btw?

Monster

I got the BP factory version. My TD said it had the best strap.

Miyota movement was great to +/- 2 secs a day for 3 weeks... until it stopped.:blowup:

I’m patiently awaiting its repair and return from China... 2 months so far bisected by Chinese New Year ....:frusty:

lanky8804

@k4jun Wrist size around 18cm.

@Monster Not good, do you know the cause?  What was the shipping like to return?

Monster

No idea why but the power reserve was crap on arrival. If worn for a full day it would make it through the night but only just.

Then it just stopped!

Return shipping was about AUD 25 with tracking.

Loved the watch and finding it hard to be patient!

Kernow

Any updates?