gmchris

Fugly Seiko Ventura rescue

gmchris

Hi chaps, rescue help required. 

Just landed a love-it-or-hate-it Seiko Ventura-shaped thing from eBay. It's an unloved lump and probably hasn't been cleaned since it was made 10yrs ago. It has picked up swirls and scratches galore and a couple of deep ones on the crystal.  Question is, how can I get it back to its former glory?

I put a new battery in and the 7t62 fired up and seems to work as per manual. 

What is the best way to either Polish or brush the stainless? And should I get a small dremel type tool? I may have to paint the pvd bits again with enamel or similar.  And lastly, where can I get a crystal - or is it possible to Polish it.  I think it's actually glass.

On to the pics, apologies if you have just eaten......

DSC_0034.jpg

20180308_181509.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

Edited by gmchris
Spelling

Genius

Polywatch on the crystal, scotchbrite on the bracelet, there's YouTube tutorials for both, and fortunately both dead easy to get a nice finish with!

The black part will be tougher to get perfect, best results would be to disassemble the whole thing if possible to get those pieces seperate then sand and spray paint, of you can't disassemble then mask tge surrounding areas and spray paint

Genius

Will be a lovely watch when it's fixed up, always been a fan of the Ventura and this Seiko version is a cracker

greg_r

oh, I like that....

^^^ wot Genius said^^^

WatchDog21

As for the scotchbrite ... 

Just now, WatchDog21 said:

As for the scotchbrite ... 

For a crystal, perhaps esslinger may be able to assist

gmchris
16 minutes ago, Genius said:

Will be a lovely watch when it's fixed up, always been a fan of the Ventura and this Seiko version is a cracker

13 minutes ago, greg_r said:

oh, I like that....

^^^ wot Genius said^^^

Thanks :) Gonna order some polywatch and try it out. I wanted to get a polished finish on the case and bracelet but I think it will be better brushed with polished sides.  Pvd appears painted anyway as it stops halfway around the case.  Will post pics after 

AHirshy

Hi - I’m in the same boat with an unloved Ventura  (snaa03). Just wondering how the glass polishing went for the OP?

Hope gmchris os notified of this post and you can kindly advise whether the Polywatch did any help? Is the crystal Hardlex/Glass or Poly/Acrylic as it is a strange triangular shape with domed edges, so seems unlikely to be a glass…

Either way was just reaching out to hopefully figure whether regular Polywatch or their new ‘Diamond Paste’ product did you any good on the scratches.

Mine has a few minor scratches and some scuffs. I can polish out of the steel and re-brush where necessary, but the glass seemed more of a challenge.

Thanks for any assistance. Kind regards,

Adam