KarmaToBurn

Having trouble deciding between two homages

KarmaToBurn

It's been a while since I've ordered something so it's starting to drive me nuts. I've been looking at the new Sharkey (re-branded as LTM) 62Mas homage and the new Ticino Depthmaster vintage Seamaster 300 homage.

Both watches are under $200 shipped, have lumed sapphire bezels, sapphire crystals, 200m water resistance and are of similar size at 40mm.  NH35 in the Sharkey and Miyota 8215 in the Ticino. I'm sure I'd be happy with either one but I only want to order one at the moment. Which would you guys prefer to see a review of?

Also... not YET a review but will become one in a week a two when one of these two watches arrives  :p

Ticino (not my pics)

attachment.php?attachmentid=12926257&d=1

s-l500-10.jpg

Sharkey (also not my pics)

IMG_6767.jpg

IMG_6742.jpg

rusty peters

Karma,

I have the Ticino and it is a great watch.  I love it.  That Sharky looks badass.  I would go for that.  I just may.... 

KarmaToBurn
4 minutes ago, rusty peters said:

Karma,

I have the Ticino and it is a great watch.  I love it.  That Sharky looks badass.  I would go for that.  I just may.... 

Thanks for the input mate! It's been hard finding good pics of the Ticino but I always liked the Seamaster 300 and it looks like a good cheap option. There's a seller on WUS who has it for $160 shipped by USPS. 

If you do decide to go for the Sharkey order it from here....

$169 for mineral crystal

http://www.heimdallrwatches.com/goods.php?id=42

$199 for sapphire

http://www.heimdallrwatches.com/goods.php?id=41

Free shipping by FedEx or DHL. I emailed them because I prefer to use EMS to avoid brokerage charges and they said they would do it and that they are willing to  under declare the value if I wished to avoid customs fees  :) 

rusty peters

Nice.  I bought my Ticino from the WUS source.  It is directly from Ticino but a lower cost avenue! 

GenTLe

Sharkey for me.

WatchDog21

As a Sharkey owner (just not the 6mas but the SDBN017), go for the Sharkey. Well built  and I am quite pleased with it.

KarmaToBurn
1 hour ago, rusty peters said:

Nice.  I bought my Ticino from the WUS source.  It is directly from Ticino but a lower cost avenue! 

Yeah. Works out to about $30 less.

30 minutes ago, WatchDog21 said:

As a Sharkey owner (just not the 6mas but the SDBN017), go for the Sharkey. Well built  and I am quite pleased with it.

I have the SBBN015 from them and it's a nice watch but the bezel has recently frozen and I can't move it anymore. I have a feeling it has to do with the shroud but at least it froze centered at 12 :p 

MetalMickey

Definitely the Sharkey. @Davesjourney might like that one.

FunnyStarSystem

Really digging the bezel on that Sharkey -share some pics of the one you got.

Theviking

The domed crystal on the Sharkey is a winner