processengr

No more Omega parts at OFREI(Noob LMPO)

processengr

When I inquired about the crown and tube for a Noob LMPO (Omega case 168.1661), I received:

We do not have these Omega items and can no longer get any Omega items. Our website contains all the Omega items we can still supply. At the end of 2015, the Swatch Group which owns Omega stopped all distributions worldwide to independent watch parts suppliers and watch repair material persons. Since 1930 we have been able to get Omega parts. Now after 85 years we are no longer able to get more Omega parts. You will need to contact the Swatch service center for help.Both the justice department and the federal trade commission would also be interested in hearing your complaints. When contacting the Justice Department refer to Civil action 96-170 and your rights to free trade and consumer rights to parts.The watch companies restrictive trade practices results in reduced local business income and employment across the USA and around the world.Consumers, no longer can decide who works on their watches and choose what work to have done on their watch.The results are higher cost for the watch owners and reduced income and jobs for local USA workers, while the bulk of the money leaves the USA and ends up in Switzerland. www.ofrei.com

Otto Frei Co.
Watch Parts Since 1930
Oakland, Ca.

Anyone know which part numbers are for this case, or where I could buy them? Have tried Athaya, Ofrei, Essinger, Jules Borel....

J!m

Hey neighbor!

I'm in the New Haven area as well... Another member is also local, so we should have a meet sometime.

Regarding ofrei: they have some parts but once they sell out, that's it. Swatch group has clamped down just like Rolex did many years ago. If you know your case number, you can search ofrei quickly that way. Otherwise, you are scouring eBay etc. trying to find old stock and/or used parts.