Mancster

IW371446 - Which Factory?

Mancster

Hello all. I'm going to purchase a 371446 model but can't make my mind up which factory to go for, YLF or ZF.  From what I've read, the YLF looks more gen like as it doesn't have the shiny sub dials like the ZF version does. The YLF version I'm looking at comes with A7750 movement. Does this have any problems? Any issues with the seconds at 6 o'clock etc?

The ZF V3 comes with A79350 movement. Does this bring any improvements to the seconds at 6 o'clock? Also, do we know if the V3 version of the 371446 improved the shiny sub dials on the ZF? 

Thanks all!

Joyjoyk

Havent bought this particular watch, but in general ZF is better made than YLF if you get a good copy.  I heard qc from them is sometimes not great.

MAJ75

AFAIK they both use the slim modified 7750 movement.

I have two from ZF & you shouldn’t have any concerns over reliability.

The only caveat is that I do not wear mine everyday they get worn every two to three weeks, so perhaps less stress on the movements.

Mancster
50 minutes ago, MAJ75 said:

AFAIK they both use the slim modified 7750 movement.

I have two from ZF & you shouldn’t have any concerns over reliability.

The only caveat is that I do not wear mine everyday they get worn every two to three weeks, so perhaps less stress on the movements.

Thanks for the reply buddy!

Mancster

Still looking for responses to this, anybody? 

Chixisigma

I just ordered a YL which supposedly has the 79350 and is super quality.  Confusing tho as, contradictory to this, I've separately heard the ZF V2 is better. Nothing ever clear in this game.

Chi

markcg

I purchased an IW371491 from ZF through Toro Bravo. I wired the purchase price on May 15, received the watch on June 5. It looked beautiful, with very accurate details, even on the deployant band/clasp. But the QC was bad -- the chrono function did not work, hanging more and more as the longer it was engaged. It obviously had not been tested by ZF nor by the QC department at Toro Bravo. Toro Bravo required that I return it, at my expense ($49 with tracking). It took Toro Bravo and/or ZF nine weeks to return the "repaired" watch to me (they would not send a replacement). But they failed to test that watch either. When the repaired watch arrived, the stem wasn't working right (I had a hard time getting it to extend into the right position to adjust the time, and when I set the time and pushed it back in, the watch would not resume running until after several tries of getting into the right position somehow). So, I contacted Toro Bravo again, and now I have to return the watch yet again, and at my expense again. I asked Toro Bravo to first send me a replacement, and upon receipt I will send back the defective watch, but they refused. I think I've more than demonstrated my good faith by having sent payment by Western Union and then having sent the watch back to them, so I thought they should extend some courtesy to me since they failed at their quality control quite miserably. But alas, I have sent it back to them again. So, I would be wary of both Toro Bravo as a seller and ZF as a factory, but that is based entirely on this singular experience, which, I confess is my first venture into the replica world.

Edited by markcg

craiguk

Sounds like you had an unfortunate first experience.  I've had good experiences with both Toro and ZF.

Regarding the 3714 specifically I've actually had both ZF and YLF (plus an older SWF in fact).   The black dial ZF sub-dials were too shiny but in all other regards I prefer the ZF.

I really want a decent white dial/gold markers version but from the various photos I've seen the gold markers isn't quite right yet.  Hopefully a new one will come soon ...

tschacko

There are some differences between YLF (thickness as gen) and ZF V3 (thickness as gen)

Basically a difference in printing of the IWC logo - YLF is more fat. ZF is more subtle.
Numbers are also different. The 9 is wider on the ZF vs more round on the YLF
ZF subdials are more shiny.
IWC engraving on bucket close is deeper engraved on the ZF.
Minute hash marks on the rehaut of the ZF are thicker, more distinguished, too.
Swiss made printing is lower and thinner on the ZF.