Sign in to follow this  
slylex

Finally got QC pics! (reup)

trailboss99

Can I just remind every one of one thing?

TheRealWorld.jpg

Eiderdaus

Starting with the prohunter Rolex Submariner Date ref 116610LN as a the Pro-Hunter Maxi Dial Submariner Date

First thing is dial, Prohunter on your dial has the same size than submariner. on the gen "prohunter" has slightly bigger font. The number on the caseback could be correct with 008 since only 100 are produced from range 001-100. often they made the mistake to use the wrong range espacially on the Pro Hunter Stealth Military GMT and the Pro Hunter Stealth Military GMT MKI + MKII and Red MKI.

Since that used case is the the regular 116610LN case the flaws are the same, not to mention here. Imo it´s a good rep the only thing what would make me worry at the pvd rep bracelet is that if you bend the bracelet between the links the pvd coating is not very strong and light bluish most of the time. the gen s are DLC coated which is stronger and make the watch more resistant to scratches.

Regarding the 16618 Submariner,

I am not 100% sure but I think one main mistake is that your case has no lugholes, the gen 16618 yellow gold with chamgagne serti dial has SEL and lugholes. The dials used in that watches should have "swiss T<25" on the dial not Swiss Made. guess this was used later on the TTs 16613er with serti dials. This could be wrong but this is what I know so far. But the trapezoid 4 shoud be triangle 4 for this model configuration.

overall i guess that rep is ok, it´s not worse than other 16610 reps, the rehaut looks wokky, i guess yopu should not shave the CGs or the goldplating will be gone :D the dial has a nice sunburst effect, the dw looks strangely yellow, could be the angle but who knows. guess it will not have the same weight and feel. realized that with the gen whitegold oyster bracelet from my fiances datejust, it feels completly smoother than all rep bracelets if touched (those with polished midlinks which should be whitegold) so i guess this will be the same for the yellow gold. my ever rose gaytoni doesn´t feel smooth as well and i guess since it is plated, between the links when you bend the bracelet you will see it easily that it´s no gen.

but who cares would others say now :D

i shut up now

KBH

I hate these threads! :D

Akira

Yesterday, 10:55 PM

slylex thought....

mmmhh...I like the watches and they look pretty good to me, but what the heck,

I let anal fuckers like Eider (No offense mate :D) judge whether or not this is "gen" like.

slylex
I presume the movements were sold as 'Swiss'?

yes, why is there a problem?

Eiderdaus

slylex thought....

I let anal fuckers like Eider (No offense mate :D) judge whether or not this is "gen" like.

never seen tha slylex wrote something like that. that is from you akira from you alone !!!!!

Akira

slylex thought....

never seen tha slylex wrote something like that. that is from you akira from you alone !!!!!

You haven't read his post than.

Title says

Tear these apart guys!

Please guys.. let me know any flaws you see, I honestly want close to gen as possible..

So he want's us to deceide whether or not it's as gen as possible.

The flaws you just told him aren't flaws on his model but general inaccuracy with reps.

For example:

Prohunter on your dial has the same size than submariner. on the gen "prohunter" has slightly bigger font.

I bet there is no better dial around, so it's something he could have known before he purchased the watch.

But hey, I don't judge....

MikeMcNair

Goldie is a gift, so I would want it to be the best I could find so the person who receives it doesn't catch slack from guys like us.

The sub(which honestly, I though it was a sea dweller, that's how closely I looked at the dial :Noob: lol) is really a nice piece and looks great.

But when you wear gold, it screams "notice me.... And my flaws"

Both are good buys as your basically paying for a good movement and getting the watch almost free (based on the prices you posted)

So I would just ask Mary if she has another gold one to compare it to, to see if it looks better, if not, fuck it, they are reps, buy them and enjoy.

Sorry of my posts were nit picky, I thought that was what was wanted of me.

gran
:D

Eiderdaus
Goldie is a gift, so I would want it to be the best I could find so the person who receives it doesn't catch slack from guys like us.

The sub(which honestly, I though it was a sea dweller, that's how closely I looked at the dial :Noob: lol) is really a nice piece and looks great.

so mike, that will bring us to the other topic,What is the difference between the Sea Dweller and the Submariner (http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13817) :P The SD is only available in SS with Black Dial and Black Bezel insert ;)

Eiderdaus

slylex thought....

I let anal fuckers like Eider (No offense mate ;)) judge whether or not this is "gen" like.

You haven't read his post than.

Title says

Tear these apart guys!

Please guys.. let me know any flaws you see, I honestly want close to gen as possible..

So he want's us to deceide whether or not it's as gen as possible.

The flaws you just told him aren't flaws on his model but general inaccuracy with reps.

For example:

Prohunter on your dial has the same size than submariner. on the gen "prohunter" has slightly bigger font.

I bet there is no better dial around, so it's something he could have known before he purchased the watch.

But hey, I don't judge....

i guess the flaws on the 16613 are on HIS watch

slylex

Well folks.....swithced out the bezel on the PVD.. and found a new Yellow Gold Sub.. thoughts guys?

img0599t.jpg

img0598of.jpg

img0597bw.jpg

img0596c.jpg

img0595l.jpg

img0593je.jpg

Edited by slylex

jdoe

Think you have to take it from here on your own

MikeMcNair

replied via shoutbox, you all know what i'm gonna say anyway...............

nunu78

Luv the place, as we all r fuckin CRAZY :wub:

opus9
F ck me, you guys are good!

I agree you guys are top notch. Glad for this as was just about to buy a noob factory submariner pro hunter pvd from Timeshop at $308 + $ 50 dollar waterproofing service.....will ask for photos now!!

Heres a question for you all,i own a gen submariner and its stopped working..dead stop. Should i take it to Rolex and spend the $700 to get it serviced or take it to an independent watch maker to have a look at $350 http://www.timeandgems.com/rolex-service-center.html

question two: on my watch face it just says 'Swiss' not 'Swiss made' is there something a bit dodgy about this?

Happy Easter all,

opus9.

jdoe

All very dodgy, send it to me and keep your money :lol:

MikeMcNair
F ck me, you guys are good!

I agree you guys are top notch. Glad for this as was just about to buy a noob factory submariner pro hunter pvd from Timeshop at $308 + $ 50 dollar waterproofing service.....will ask for photos now!!

Heres a question for you all,i own a gen submariner and its stopped working..dead stop. Should i take it to Rolex and spend the $700 to get it serviced or take it to an independent watch maker to have a look at $350 http://www.timeandgems.com/rolex-service-center.html

question two: on my watch face it just says 'Swiss' not 'Swiss made' is there something a bit dodgy about this?

Happy Easter all,

opus9.

depending upon the year it was made, it likely has a 3135 in it, which is easy to look into if you want me to give it a go before you send it out for MANY DOLLARS worth of service. if its something simple, i'll fix it, if its not, i'll send it to you to send to the AD.

might be able to save you a bundle. pm me for deets.

MikeMcNair

so mike, that will bring us to the other topic,What is the difference between the Sea Dweller and the Submariner (http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13817) :D The SD is only available in SS with Black Dial and Black Bezel insert :fearlessleader:

just saw this, and i typed SD accidentally, i meant to say Sub in this thread. BUT, the SD IS available in PVD if someone wants it. DRSD PVD is pretty common actually.

opus9
Hey guys, this is really my first official posted thread.. so be easy on my guys.. but I need a very through look over at these QC pics from mary i just got.

1st watch is a Yellow Gold Sub

2nd watch is a PVD Pro Hunter Sub.

yes i know yellow gold very flashy and show off, its a gift for someone, and i want to make sure it looks amazing.. i see some flaws already but if you guys can tear these apart.. give it to me!..

Oh yea... there all swiss 2836 movements, and high end priced (in my books atleast!)

img0276w.jpg

img0275rm.jpg

img0273th.jpg

img0272hp.jpg

img0271vk.jpg

img0270k.jpg

img0269nx.jpg

img0268i.jpg

img0267nr.jpg

img0266up.jpg

img0265bu.jpg

img0264qsy.jpg

img0263aj.jpg

img0262f.jpg

img0261azw.jpg

img0260jk.jpg

img0356o.jpg

img0355lk.jpg

img0354dz.jpg

img0353g.jpg

img0352t.jpg

img0351qh.jpg

img0350e.jpg

not something that is like " WOW thats horrible"

round 2 -- just got these, comments anyone?

img0599t.jpg

img0598of.jpg

img0597bw.jpg

img0596c.jpg

img0595l.jpg

img0593je.jpg

Well I have just ordered the same pro-hunter from Mary. Out of curiosity how much does it weigh....?

regards

opus9

andygt

Yes sending your gen sub to a total stranger on the Internet with no watchsmith experience to 'have a go' sounds like a great plan to me.

By the way despite the 'expert' teardown of these QC pics no one noticed the golden stirfry?

Gen sub CGs aren't exactly symmetrical btw.

To be honest I think these QC threads are awful and people should stop posting them.

The idea of the pictures is for you to make sure the watch is what you ordered and has no damage, not to have everyone pick apart the well known flaws of a certain watch.

Use the search function before ordering and do your own QC...

stolikat

+1

opus9
Yes sending your gen sub to a total stranger on the Internet with no watchsmith experience to 'have a go' sounds like a great plan to me.

By the way despite the 'expert' teardown of these QC pics no one noticed the golden stirfry?

Gen sub CGs aren't exactly symmetrical btw.

To be honest I think these QC threads are awful and people should stop posting them.

The idea of the pictures is for you to make sure the watch is what you ordered and has no damage, not to have everyone pick apart the well known flaws of a certain watch.

Use the search function before ordering and do your own QC...

I agree that sending a watch to 'any one' would be foolish,I was actually talking about hopefully reputable servicing at a reduced rate,which some companies seem to offer. So after all that I will buy the rep,store the gen and when I get back to U.K. get Rolex to service it,AT LEAST IT WILL COME BACK WITH THE CORRECT MOVEMENT, LOL!!