Bluenose

Sarb033/035 discontinued - jump on the hype train

Bluenose

Hi fellas, so Seiko announced few weeks back the some of the SARB range would be discontinued and In particular a couple of models that I like but hadn't pressed the button on, Namely the SARB033 (black dial) and 035 (cream dial). Whether it was tight finances or just not sure which of the two I prefer. Granted they are both great versitile  watches with fabulous rep on the forum.

Now prices are starting to increase and I'm getting jumpy that I should grab one now before it's too late. However Seiko will surely bring out something just as good if not better......won't they!

Can't decide whether to jump on the hype train or wait for the next generation!

tonyh7

I cracked and got one off ebay this week. Paid around £260 delivered for a SARB033. Arrived quickly as described with box and papers. Take a look at the price for a SARB017 as an indication of where it could go!

Bluenose
Hi fellas, so Seiko announced few weeks back the some of the SARB range would be discontinued and In particular a couple of models that I like but hadn't pressed the button on, Namely the SARB033 (black dial) and 035 (cream dial). Whether it was tight finances or just not sure which of the two I prefer. Granted they are both great versitile  watches with fabulous rep on the forum.
Now prices are starting to increase and I'm getting jumpy that I should grab one now before it's too late. However Seiko will surely bring out something just as good if not better......won't they!
Can't decide whether to jump on the hype train or wait for the next generation!
Just realised that I've posted in review section. Sorry mods.

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

jcagara08

it was heavily discounted like last month over at ebay at total net of $248 (after that 20% discount code) but its back at SRP,  missed it got damnit

Del

Wearing my 035 today.  Beautiful little thing..... :)

e26d7eb1bce74b309f7125781017feeb.jpg

Waspy
9 minutes ago, Del said:

Wearing my 035 today.  Beautiful little thing..... :)

It is, I have one.

Totally bullet-proof and a great timekeeper.

The only criticism I have is the lack of micro adjustment on the clasp.

But I switched to a leather strap, so all is good.

Bluenose
Wearing my 035 today.  Beautiful little thing.....
Looks great. Can imagine the 035 on leather strap for the summer as well.

Del
18 hours ago, Waspy said:

It is, I have one.

Totally bullet-proof and a great timekeeper.

The only criticism I have is the lack of micro adjustment on the clasp.

But I switched to a leather strap, so all is good.

16 hours ago, Bluenose said:

I agree that it would look good on leather but this is one of the better Seiko bracelets that I've come across with decent weight and a sturdy clasp (despite the limited micro-adjustment) so I'm quite happy to leave it on for now. :)

Waspy
1 hour ago, Del said:

I agree that it would look good on leather but this is one of the better Seiko bracelets that I've come across with decent weight and a sturdy clasp (despite the limited micro-adjustment) so I'm quite happy to leave it on for now. :)

I agree it is a great bracelet, I just need a bit more micro-adjustment. Some others have found the same and got round the problem with a bracelet extender commonly available on eBay to give them more adjustment....wait a minute, why haven't I got one? *off to eBay!*

8ZuoDxI.jpg

Waspy
18 hours ago, Bluenose said:

Here's mine:

L7ogJ1V.jpg

Del
32 minutes ago, Waspy said:

I agree it is a great bracelet, I just need a bit more micro-adjustment. Some others have found the same and got round the problem with a bracelet extender commonly available on eBay to give them more adjustment....wait a minute, why haven't I got one? *off to eBay!

I guess I just got lucky with the sizing! :lol:

Mike on a bike

Almost ready to pull the trigger on this if some seller can supply extra links for big round eye wrist!

https://www.seiyajapan.com/collections/seiko/products/seiko-automatic-presage-sarx055-titanuim-made-in-japan

The SARX055" Baby Snow Flake"...............

IvFhBC4.png

Bluenose
7 hours ago, Mike on a bike said:

Almost ready to pull the trigger on this if some seller can supply extra links for big round eye wrist!

https://www.seiyajapan.com/collections/seiko/products/seiko-automatic-presage-sarx055-titanuim-made-in-japan

The SARX055" Baby Snow Flake"...............

IvFhBC4.png

The snowflake dial is beautiful, although not seen one in the flesh!

Mike on a bike

Yes it is but without extra links just a paper weight for me................:frusty:

McGilli

That dial is fabulous... Too bad they have that big greasy fingerprint on the bottom of the bracelet in that photo...

How does that get by?!? :)

Bluenose

So I final caved in and placed the order. Hope to receive within then week.
Can't wait to see in the flesh!

Andrew_Z

Hello all!  My first post on here and might as well start with the SARB.   I purchased it late last year and it marked my first watch purchase since high school - over 10 years ago!  Such a stunning timepiece.. I love the everything about it - beautiful dial, the hands (especially the sewing needle seconds), date window without cyclops, the oyster bracelet, and the display caseback.  Exceptional value for money and has been the root cause for me catching the watch bug.  Both a blessing and a curse in that respect.  Enough talk though; on with a photo!

39923693805_1fc56502a9_b.jpg

RussP

Not a SARB or a Grand Seiko, but a happy mix of both models.

Purchased off a member here late last year: 34086688203_4557cf943a_b.jpg33920663443_57219e7b78_c.jpg33558609734_fa9cf90560_b.jpg