chrislovessushi

Noob V7 (A3135) Date Skipping 1 Day

chrislovessushi

I recently acquired a Noob V7 that has undergone some mods already. The watch seems to be running great, however, a gen datewheel was installed and apparently ever since then the date skips a day. So if the date is set to the 18th then tomorrow the watch will say it’s the 20th. The seller informed me of this prior to purchase and stated that it should be an easy fix and should get fixed during a routine servicing. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I’m comfortable with basic things like swapping out movements but I’m open to trying some basic movement disassembly if you guys think it will be a relatively simple issue to correct.

GC

What movement does it have? 

chrislovessushi
6 minutes ago, GC said:

What movement does it have? 

A3135

tabuktime

Can you set the date manually to those that are normally skipped?

chrislovessushi
5 minutes ago, tabuktime said:

Can you set the date manually to those that are normally skipped?

Yes. Setting the date is no trouble, when flipping through dates manually they flip to the next day quickly and snap perfectly into place. 

chrislovessushi

I probably posted this at a weird time of day. Does anyone have any ideas?

Nikosaldente

I think that I'll give a shout @GenTLe to chime in!

Wait a few hours, I'm sure he'll have an answer!

You'll probably need to remove the hands and dial to access the date spring/gear and see what is going on!

Cheers!

chrislovessushi
16 minutes ago, Nikosaldente said:

You'll probably need to remove the hands and dial to access the date spring/gear and see what is going on!

Cheers!

Thanks! I'm comfortable removing the hands and dial if need be.

Rx4Time

Is it an A3135 ( decorated 2836) or SA?  I assume SA because of the gen date wheel. 

chrislovessushi
1 hour ago, teddy875 said:

Is it an A3135 ( decorated 2836) or SA?  I assume SA because of the gen date wheel. 

Just heard from the guy I got it from. It’s an SA.

Edited by chrislovessushi

GenTLe
3 hours ago, Nikosaldente said:

Cheers!

Sorry mate but not for this, never put my hands on any SA/SH movement whatsoever :(

But really it is strange the behavior of the movement... What happens the days after the 1st one of date setting? Does the watch change always 2 days? And what happens when the time is advanced 24h from the crown?

Nikosaldente
5 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Sorry mate but not for this, never put my hands on any SA/SH movement whatsoever :(

But really it is strange the behavior of the movement... What happens the days after the 1st one of date setting? Does the watch change always 2 days? And what happens when the time is advanced 24h from the crown?

Thanks for chiming in mate!

I found very strange that the date advances 2 days every midnight but on quick set advances only 1...:unsure:

GenTLe
14 minutes ago, Nikosaldente said:

Thanks for chiming in mate!

I found very strange that the date advances 2 days every midnight but on quick set advances only 1...:unsure:

It is not strange because the 2 parts are completely separated (quick set from the standard date advance with time). What I find strange is the 2 day advance at all...

Nikosaldente
1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

It is not strange because the 2 parts are completely separated (quick set from the standard date advance with time). What I find strange is the 2 day advance at all...

That was my thought too, I didn't state it correctly:unsure:

GingerApple

Perhaps the OP is just a really heavy sleeper and sleeps through an entire day without realising it?

Hope this helps.

chrislovessushi

Lol I wish I had the time to skip a day sometimes :)

3 hours ago, GenTLe said:

I’ll check tomorrow. Scared to mess with anything between 7pm-2am for fear of stripping gears.

Rx4Time

The SA3135 does have some known issues which can occur with date change.  The ideal fix is to swap in a few gen parts to fix this.  I'll have to review which are the necessary changes.  Where are you located?  I can suggest a couple of good people depending on your location. 

chrislovessushi
1 hour ago, teddy875 said:

The SA3135 does have some known issues which can occur with date change.  The ideal fix is to swap in a few gen parts to fix this.  I'll have to review which are the necessary changes.  Where are you located?  I can suggest a couple of good people depending on your location. 

I’m in the southeastern US. I spoke with Katt before I posted this but he said he’d need to take a look before he could say anything. I just spent close to $1k on the watch (it has some other aesthetic gen additions) so I was hoping to not have to spend hundreds more on it just yet. 

Edited by chrislovessushi

chrislovessushi
16 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Ok this is really weird. If I advance 24h from the crown, the date rolls over to the next day as it should. The date also properly advances 1 day when I use the quick set function. But when left alone, at midnight the date advances by 2 days. Does that make any sense to anyone?

GenTLe

Looking how it works the date changer in a 3135:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/date-change-mechanisms-how-they-work-760001.html

and 

and finally:

Probably what to look for is the date changing wheel or the spring that push the lever that works on the cam below the date changing wheel. But as Katt wrote you, it needs to be disassembled and checked.

NCRich

Would scare the crap out of me.

Misiekped

When is done via quick set thre is no spring involve, only the jumper spring #614 which is really stopper for the date not to advance to many days
During normal time the date wheel mounted #623 + 625 jumps the disc using a spring and if your 614 is weak then it may advance 2days
That was common issue with early yuki 3135
Replacing 614, 623 and 625 always fix the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GingerApple
7 hours ago, Misiekped said:

When is done via quick set thre is no spring involve, only the jumper spring #614 which is really stopper for the date not to advance to many days
During normal time the date wheel mounted #623 + 625 jumps the disc using a spring and if your 614 is weak then it may advance 2days
That was common issue with early yuki 3135
Replacing 614, 623 and 625 always fix the problem

I am in awe of you.

Top knowledge!!!!!!

Nikosaldente
22 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Looking how it works the date changer in a 3135:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/date-change-mechanisms-how-they-work-760001.html

and 

and finally:

Probably what to look for is the date changing wheel or the spring that push the lever that works on the cam below the date changing wheel. But as Katt wrote you, it needs to be disassembled and checked.

I knew you were up to the task mate!

You never fail to prove me right about you!

Cheers!

:beer2:

chrislovessushi

Bummer. Looks like it’s going to be $200+ that I don’t have right now to fix. Feeling like a pretty sucker for buying a $1200 broken watch. Thanks for the replies everyone.