TheoGregory

Need advice on this movement.

TheoGregory

Bought my first rep watch from Trusty (had a few from Lawrence but the first rep from trusty). Seemed to be all good. Liked to service and the sending of photos.

The photo's had a black watch strap but my watch has a brown strap. Not ideal. Although I do like the brown it wasn't what I ordered or what was sent to me in his QC photos.

I also have another problem with the watch. I sent him this video (unlisted unless you have the link so as not to damage his brand).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ-GglMSMgw

http://trustytimestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30_189&products_id=14785 <- this is the link to the watch if that is helpful.

As you can maybe hear, it makes an awful sound of the automatic movement going around. I have had 5 dollar automatic reps that didn't make this sound but he said this is normal. Honestly, I think that's entirely crap for a 280 USD watch but I want some second opinions which is why I'm posting here.

Have to say, the QC seems crap if it lets through something like this. It makes an awful sound that he says is normal for a 280 dollar watch. (I get that could maybe happen in transit but its unlikely given the amount of bubble wrap it arrived in)

And worst  of all, i'm being made to pay for the shipping for his own mistake (no way you can claim that the strap isn't his mistake, even if that crappy movement is normal)

Essentially, I'm trying to find out whether this sound from the watch is normal. I don't want to waste my money sending it back for him to send back another watch that sounds like a Cylon army. He thinks it is normal, me not so much. I figured I'd ask you guys as you have more experience with this sort of thing.

Theo

Edited by TheoGregory

narikaa

No dog in this fight

cant opine re the mysterious strap osmosis

but the rotor 'scrape' could well just be that the retaining screw has backed out half a turn or so

Luxuracer

@TheoGregory ... Contact a Moderator (people with blue nick) and ask for their help to source thing out with Trusty.

Read this;

Bes of luck