AlphaLima

Clarification before i pull the trigger

AlphaLima

Hi guys,

Please forgive my ignorance but i've been out of the rep world for a while...

I'm looking to buy a new watch and i really love the PAM722. I just need to clarify a few things first of all though so please correct me where i'm wrong.

PAM722 and PAM723 are essentially the same watch? The PAM723 is just the 1950 style, which has a more domed glass. Is this correct?

The PAM722 is the replacement for the PAM1312? This time the newer model it's on a bracelet rather than leather, and both of these are 44mm? Is it also true that the PAM1392 is a 42mm rather than  a 44mm?

Is there 'super rep' level replica of either the PAM722, the PAM1312 or the PAM1392?

Thanks in advance.

MrTimeZone

There is no rep yet of the PAM722. The PAM1392 and the PAM1312 are very good watches but probably not super rep as I understand PAM classifications because they don't have the gen function of the P.9010. 

AlphaLima

Ah! They look identical, so I presume that it’s the power reserve on the reverse which doesn’t function as per the gen?

if that’s the only issue then I can certainly live with that.

Edited by AlphaLima

Lagger

There a few 1312 reps, one is garbage as it's the old 312 case, too thick and wrong lugs........the other 2 are ok but one has the balance wheel in the right place (I have that one) I'd like to help with factories etc but in going from memory here

MrTimeZone
23 minutes ago, AlphaLima said:

Ah! They look identical, so I presume that it’s the power reserve on the reverse which doesn’t function as per the gen?

if that’s the only issue then I can certainly live with that.

The current version does not have the independent hour hand adjustment function of the gen. However, some prefer the non-gen movement as the gen movement does not provide an easy way to adjust the date.  @Lagger is correct that there is more than one factory who makes it and some version have incorrect case and some have the balance wheel in the wrong location so make sure the watch you are ordering.

BadPickle
11 minutes ago, Lagger said:

There a few 1312 reps, one is garbage as it's the old 312 case, too thick and wrong lugs........the other 2 are ok but one has the balance wheel in the right place (I have that one) I'd like to help with factories etc but in going from memory here

:daffy: 

Lagger

Not a Pam fan or think I'm a complete nerd Stu?

MrTimeZone
17 minutes ago, Lagger said:

Not a Pam fan or think I'm a complete nerd Stu?

Nerd is some circles is enthusiast in others. :D

AlphaLima

Any ideas who has the best version?

Edit: really appreciate all the input so far, thank you

Edited by AlphaLima

AlphaLima

Thanks Lagger,

It's much appreciated.

Lastly, i promise...in terms of accuracy and reliability...what would you give this out of 10?

Edited by AlphaLima

Lagger

Its a 7750 movement so its luck of the draw TBH! the seconds is at 9 so its in the right place but my experience of 7750 is they are not the best 

AlphaLima
4 minutes ago, Lagger said:

Its a 7750 movement so its luck of the draw TBH! the seconds is at 9 so its in the right place but my experience of 7750 is they are not the best 

It is what is is then!

I'm gonna go for the ZF PAM1312 from Toro, and then get the boxset and a steel bracelet. I've sent a few messages asking for clarification on certain things like colourless AR...i hate the blue tint you see on reps.

It's interesting that TheOneWatches has the same watch listed but has the thickness as 18.5mm, whereas Toro has it correctly at 15.6

Lagger

Yeah that's the old 312 case it's too thick and the lugs are to big