kovacs28

Looking for 42mm Radiomir Case

kovacs28

Hello all,

I'm looking to make a custom watch using a 42mm Radiomir w/ wire lugs (like the PAM 337 case). However, I don't think they're available as a standalone part to purchase (are they available? This would be my preferred option.).

So, it looks like my only option is to purchase an entire rep watch to take apart. Anyway, I was looking at the higher quality reps and I came across quite a few, specifically, TrustyTime, TS Watch, and Precious Time. Are these three of equal quality (the same manufacturer), so that I can simply purchase the cheaper price among the dealers? Also, does anyone have a link to the Precious Time site?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by kovacs28

Glaude

Hi and welcome in here !

I can only answer on this :

2 hours ago, kovacs28 said:

I was looking at the higher quality reps and I came across quite a few, specifically, TrustyTime, TS Watch, and Precious Time. Are these three of equal quality (the same manufacturer), so that I can simply purchase the cheaper price among the dealers? Also, does anyone have a link to the Precious Time site?

TD does not make any rep, they buy them from you from factories, so as long as you can identify from which factory they come (there's a lot of topics about that just do a little research on the board) you'll have the same product from any TD.
But I'm sorry to inform you that none of the link you provided are to be trusted, they are either scam site or non trusted dealers.

The only one in your list trusted around here is Trusty Time, but on this address : http://www.trustytime.store/

Be careful when using Google, you'll find a lot of copycat trying to scam people by impersonating TD. Stick to the link of the trusted dealer list on the board.

anthonygold
11 hours ago, Glaude said:

The only one in your list trusted around here is Trusty Time, but on this address : http://www.trustytime.store/

Andrew has changed his domain I got an email saying the new site is http://www.trustytimestore.com when clicking on your link it just takes you to a page under maintenance

kovacs28
20 hours ago, Glaude said:

Hi and welcome in here !

I can only answer on this :

TD does not make any rep, they buy them from you from factories, so as long as you can identify from which factory they come (there's a lot of topics about that just do a little research on the board) you'll have the same product from any TD.
But I'm sorry to inform you that none of the link you provided are to be trusted, they are either scam site or non trusted dealers.

Be careful when using Google, you'll find a lot of copycat trying to scam people by impersonating TD. Stick to the link of the trusted dealer list on the board.

8 hours ago, anthonygold said:

Andrew has changed his domain I got an email saying the new site is http://www.trustytimestore.com when clicking on your link it just takes you to a page under maintenance

Thank you both so much for that info! I was able to check the trusted dealers page on this forum and I'll only deal from them. 

I'm wondering, is there a ranking for the quality from these dealers? Or, at least, is the quality the same from some dealers? It's hard to determine which dealers are better than others with respect to quality. 

That said, I do prefer to just get the case for the PAM337 and perhaps send it off to a trusted modder recommended by this forum.  Though, it may be uncouth to ask dealers for just the case, if it's even available for them to purchase it like that.

Glaude
4 hours ago, kovacs28 said:

Thank you both so much for that info! I was able to check the trusted dealers page on this forum and I'll only deal from them. 

I'm wondering, is there a ranking for the quality from these dealers? Or, at least, is the quality the same from some dealers? It's hard to determine which dealers are better than others with respect to quality. 

That said, I do prefer to just get the case for the PAM337 and perhaps send it off to a trusted modder recommended by this forum.  Though, it may be uncouth to ask dealers for just the case, if it's even available for them to purchase it like that.

Asking this question shows that you haven't read all the new members topics, otherwise you'll know that they are all the same regarding the product.
What will vary is their after sales conditions, QC process, etc... 

You should read all the sticky post that you'll find in each section of the forum to be more familiar with how things works :)