EBB

DK factory AP royal oak 15400

EBB

https://www.dhgate.com/product/aaa-luxury-watch-for-men-fashion-classic/398634909.html

I have my eyes set on the AP 15400 JF v3, while browsing dhgate, I came across this AP, and It had great reviews, great price, but I wanted to get some honest opinions from people here. Is this watch a good value for the cost, $85? The seller said it's from DK factory, never heard of it, couldn't find information on it either. My main motive for the 15400 is purely off the uniqueness/aesthetics. I'm not too obsessed with the fine details, but more of the overall look,  from a glance on the case-back, you can see the  screws aren't completely flush, and there's a few other things i'm sure. 

Is this the type of watch that will break in a few months? or is the movement decent? I'm waiting for a reply from the seller  if they can tell me the exact movement. Functionality is more important than the very fine details, eg. the clasp can't be opening on it's own  unintentionally, or a watch that breaks in a few months.

Would I be better of to spend 3x the cost on a JF v3, or is this DK factory a decent value watch?

HERE are some images from the customers reviewing it:  https://imgur.com/a/LTTM8

Please give honest opinions if this AP 15400 DK factory  is decent or a shitter to stay clear of,  Thank you!

EBB

UFhWkC2.jpgUFhWkC2.jpgV1SFKi6.pngboRJnYX.pngZ4PbdP6.jpg

On the caseback yes, looks like crap, but the dial and bezel look decent from what I can tell, I'm more concerned with that part

Edited by I_Have_Really_Teeny_Clock

RepGuy

It's a cheap, undecorated, 2813 movement, but is a decent watch for that price. If you're not worried about small details it's fine for most.

rschaal

good bang for the buck but far from perfect.....

would work for me

deju

For the money it’s good 

The dial quality isn’t for me the rings make the boxes look wavy, like an optical illusion.

but as you say is it worth spending 3x more? Depends how annoying it is on the wrist. 

Should get most your money back if you buy to try anyways 

GingerApple

I'm no Gate expert In afraid so can't add anything useful. I've only every bought one watch from the Gate and it was a quartz cheapie that felt like a quartz cheapie - a massive gulf in class between say the ARFs I've gotten used to - but then you'd expect that difference given the price difference.

Give it a try and let us know. You can always sell it M2M if you're not a fan.

EBB
10 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

It's a cheap, undecorated, 2813 movement, but is a decent watch for that price. If you're not worried about small details it's fine for most.

What do you think of the dial compared to the other reps? is it noticeably bad? I would probably go for the white dial, but I couldn't find proper pictures of it

RepGuy
1 hour ago, Sum_ting_wong_yo said:

What do you think of the dial compared to the other reps? is it noticeably bad? I would probably go for the white dial, but I couldn't find proper pictures of it

This is the part where, instead of asking more questions about what others think of your potential purchase, you use the search bar to look up the differences yourself. Multiple people here have provided their general opinion on the linked watch, now it's time for you to research the differences and decide if you still want it.

EDIT: Looking at your posting history, 99% is you asking questions that are easily answered if searched. Seriously, utilize this resource to find your own answers.

deju
27 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

I'm no Gate expert In afraid so can't add anything useful. I've only every bought one watch from the Gate and it was a quartz cheapie that felt like a quartz cheapie - a massive gulf in class between say the ARFs I've gotten used to - but then you'd expect that difference given the price difference.

Give it a try and let us know. You can always sell it M2M if you're not a fan.

Fanboy much :rofl: 

EBB
5 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

This is the part where, instead of asking more questions about what others think of your potential purchase, you use the search bar to look up the differences yourself. Multiple people here have provided their general opinion on the linked watch, now it's time for you to research the differences and decide if you still want it.

EDIT: Looking at your posting history, 99% is you asking questions that are easily answered if searched. Seriously, utilize this resource to find your own answers.

I have. I've looked at the JF v3 multiple times, compared side by side to the DK factory, the GEN, and they looks so similar, but maybe there's something I'm not seeing,  

Is it that troublesome for you to just give a little input, the time spent writing "This is the part where, instead of asking more questions about what others think of your potential purchase, you use the search bar to look up the differences yourself. Multiple people here have provided their general opinion on the linked watch, now it's time for you to research the differences and decide if you still want it."  You could have simply give an real opinion. After all isn't this a forum for discussion for advice and helping people?  Go search for DK factory watch see if you find anything,  hint there isn't anything! Hence why I'm asking about!  

GingerApple
30 minutes ago, deju said:

Fanboy much :rofl: 

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

'ARFs. Better than Gen'™️

RepGuy

I have. I've looked at the JF v3 multiple times, compared side by side to the DK factory, the GEN, and they looks so similar, but maybe there's something I'm not seeing,  

Is it that troublesome for you to just give a little input, the time spent writing "This is the part where, instead of asking more questions about what others think of your potential purchase, you use the search bar to look up the differences yourself. Multiple people here have provided their general opinion on the linked watch, now it's time for you to research the differences and decide if you still want it."  You could have simply give an real opinion. After all isn't this a forum for discussion for advice and helping people?  Go search for DK factory watch see if you find anything,  hint there isn't anything! Hence why I'm asking about!  

I did give a real opinion, to which you asked additional questions after. This is a forum for discussion, but people don't always want to search for and compare another person's potential purchase for them.

Also, it's not surprising there's no info on a DK Factory, as it was probably made up by the seller. You're looking at a bottom of the barrel rep, and asking for others to compare it to a much higher quality JF version. You're going to have to look at the two watches side by side and compare the features yourself... there's really no way around it. Starting threads here and at RWI won't change that.

EBB
8 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

I did give a real opinion, to which you asked additional questions after. This is a forum for discussion, but people don't always want to search for and compare another person's potential purchase for them.

Also, it's not surprising there's no info on a DK Factory, as it was probably made up by the seller. You're looking at a bottom of the barrel rep, and asking for others to compare it to a much higher quality JF version. You're going to have to look at the two watches side by side and compare the features yourself... there's really no way around it. Starting threads here and at RWI won't change that.

Here's the thing, if you have nothing positive to contribute just don't reply, seems easier? Thank you.

RepGuy
10 minutes ago, Sum_ting_wong_yo said:

Here's the thing, if you have nothing positive to contribute just don't reply, seems easier? Thank you.

I'll try to reign it in with my reply, but keep this in mind... You have been given opinions from myself and other members, which you asked for. Just because you don't like being told to compare the two watches yourself doesn't mean I can't comment on a public thread. 

You have done nothing but ask questions since joining, so it would be beneficial to you in the long run to get familiar with researching topics like this. 

EBB
12 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

I'll try to reign it in with my reply, but keep this in mind... You have been given opinions from myself and other members, which you asked for. Just because you don't like being told to compare the two watches yourself doesn't mean I can't comment on a public thread. 

You have done nothing but ask questions since joining, so it would be beneficial to you in the long run to get familiar with researching topics like this. 

I've clearly  stated I've compared the 3 myself, and i'm asking for a second opinion. 

"You have done nothing but ask questions since joining" What's the limit of questions i'm allotted per day? What a ludicrous statement.  LMAO.

Listen, I'll reiterate myself, if you feel it's a burden to answer my questions, then just don't reply. Please don't waste my time anymore, if you have nothing to contribute just move along, thank you, and good day.

Edited by I_Have_Really_Teeny_Clock

RepGuy

"You have done nothing but ask questions since joining" What's the limit of questions i'm allotted per day?

You would have to ask @iabounty that one, but I think it's around 5.

drifterr
I've said it before, I'll say it again.
'ARFs. Better than Gen'
Amen

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

drifterr

Why not spend the extra money and get the best rep with a great movement which is known for its reliability. That's just me.

Your asking for us to convince yourself to get the gate version which to be honest is trash when you have JF v3. Did you take the quality of bracelet into consideration???? Your only looking at the dial .

EBB
1 hour ago, drifterr said:

Why not spend the extra money and get the best rep with a great movement which is known for its reliability. That's just me.

Your asking for us to convince yourself to get the gate version which to be honest is trash when you have JF v3. Did you take the quality of bracelet into consideration???? Your only looking at the dial .

I'm not asking anyone to convince me of anything, I'm just trying to figure out what makes the JF $300 more, is it the fine details? For example the rivets on the back that sit flush properly, or the proper AP engraving on the movement,  a few etchings here and there,, if that's what you're paying for, then that's not worth it in my opinion.

But if the JF has a vastly superior bracelet, then that would be a huge factor for me, however from comparing the two, the superficial details appear to be very very similar.  I'm not sure of the movement in the DK, but the JF miyota is just a standard cheap automatic, nothing special there.  

The main objective was to gather opinions and have a discussion on the value of this DK watch which has limited information. 

GingerApple
2 minutes ago, Sum_ting_wong_yo said:

I'm not asking anyone to convince me of anything, I'm just trying to figure out what makes the JF $300 more, is it the fine details? For example the rivets on the back that sit flush properly, or the proper AP engraving on the movement,  a few etchings here and there,, if that's what you're paying for, then that's not worth it in my opinion.

But if the JF has a vastly superior bracelet, then that would be a huge factor for me, however from comparing the two, the superficial details appear to be very very similar.  I'm not sure of the movement in the DK, but the JF miyota is just a standard cheap automatic, nothing special there.  

The main objective was to gather opinions and have a discussion on the value of this DK watch which has limited information. 

I get the impression no one has bought the DK mate. Bite the bullet or don't! I've bought one cheap rep from the gate and the bracelet compared to a higher price watch was like comparing something from a Christmas Cracker to Gen.

EBB
3 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

I get the impression no one has bought the DK mate. Bite the bullet or don't! I've bought one cheap rep from the gate and the bracelet compared to a higher price watch was like comparing something from a Christmas Cracker to Gen.

fair enough, and true. But this is the advice I was hoping to get, thank you

6 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

I've also noticed that in the cheaper bands they tend to be a bit thicker, where as in the JF the braclet is a bit thinner, closer to the gen.

Genius

I'd say that's worth buying, if you can live with the minor flaws its a cheaper model but for what it is its a bargain.

Looks easily as good as the one Reg is selling but for half the price!

GingerApple
16 minutes ago, Sum_ting_wong_yo said:

I've also noticed that in the cheaper bands they tend to be a bit thicker, where as in the JF the braclet is a bit thinner, closer to the gen.

I've never seen Gen so I can't even compare to that. The JF bracelets are very good though, a key part of the watch; the way they catch the light, awesome. And they feel very solid and well made.

Benjah88

It’s worth it to save the money and get the best possible rep. With AP it’s JF IMHO.  You’ll feel like you have a gen on your wrist and if you’re ever tired of it you can sell it for at least 300.00 and quickly at that. 

The 100.00 rep will look and feel bad. It’ll also most likely break and you’ll be out your 100.00.

i remember when I started collecting, I couldn’t imagine spending 400.00+ on a rep. It took some time buying POS cheapies to realize it’s not worth it. I mean, come on..you’re getting the experience of wearing a 15k watch for only 400.00! How cool is that. 

EBB
12 hours ago, Benjah88 said:

It’s worth it to save the money and get the best possible rep. With AP it’s JF IMHO.  You’ll feel like you have a gen on your wrist and if you’re ever tired of it you can sell it for at least 300.00 and quickly at that. 

The 100.00 rep will look and feel bad. It’ll also most likely break and you’ll be out your 100.00.

i remember when I started collecting, I couldn’t imagine spending 400.00+ on a rep. It took some time buying POS cheapies to realize it’s not worth it. I mean, come on..you’re getting the experience of wearing a 15k watch for only 400.00! How cool is that. 

that's a very a valid and true point