aitcharGMT

IWC big pilot ZF vs YLF

aitcharGMT

Hi, I've been looking at Mary's specials on IWCs big pilots from YLF and they look like a great bargain as compared to the ZF ones, but as usual, what seems to good to be true, it usually is. So, how do IWCs big pilots compare to ZF's (which seem to be almost perfect, btw)? Coincidentally I ordered a ZF one but I'm still waiting for it and I would like two more BPs but and I'm not really into throwing 500 just to compare, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Theviking

Wait for the ZF, if it's from Mary it should be quick, she may still honor the deal price when you make your mind up.

aitcharGMT
15 hours ago, Theviking said:

Wait for the ZF, if it's from Mary it should be quick, she may still honor the deal price when you make your mind up.

The ZF is not from Mary, it's from other TD, but way more expensive at 368 or 378, but I want to buy a couple more, now from Mary, but only if I hear the YLF is as good (or as good for the price difference) as the ZF. That's were I need your opinions, is the YLF made as good as ZF's? I don't mind that some of them at half a mm thicker, but what about the dial, movement and finish? Cheers!

Joyjoyk

Personally havent owned either. Interesting question that hopefully someone will be able to answer! 

aitcharGMT

I just got the ZF what a nice watch, with replica quirks, of course, but overall very nice. Now I'm going to order the YLF version but in sandblasted version do I'll answer my somewhat expensive question :)

Theviking

Pictures please :bounce: