Left Coast Guy

SOH -- New Ceramic Bezel version

Left Coast Guy

Like a quite a few others, I'm decidedly unimpressed most of the new Breitling line -- they just look plastic-y and cheap -- and to be clear I'm talking about the gens! Just some poor design choices and seem to have really lost some of the luxury feel of the brand. 

That said, the new Super Ocean Heritage models a different story -- the switch from metal bezel to ceramic bezel is a massive improvement.  I'd owned the old SOH at one point, but it was just a somewhat plain looking watch....just didn't really pop. Well the new SOH pops! 

So here are a couple quick shots -- apologies, photography isn't my forte 

40391907584_525d2584ca_b.jpg

41058542632_3a1777afe7_b.jpg

My pics don't really do it justice, but its a pretty sexy watch on the write. I'm boring, so I went with the blue, but seeing it, I really wish I'd gone for the brown! 

Initial thoughts: the ceramic bezel really shines, the case seems a touch thinner than the last version, though still a really big watch at 46MM. The strap is gummy leather, so really comfortable, but you've got to cut it to size it. The buckle is pretty substantial too, so you can feel it when typing etc -- the buckle buttons on my move around a bit. Not loose, per se, just not tight or hard to press.....not sure how that is relative to gen.  The dial seems pretty much the same as the old SOH, though maybe (?) a touch more sunburst effect and shade darker, though its been a couple of years since I had my last SOH so just going off memory.  Not sure of the factory, bought from PC, but the build quality is pretty solid -- very tight bezel clicks, mechanism for crown lock is very smooth/tight, no rattles anywhere. 

Overall, very happy with the watch. I always want an SOH, but the style seemed off when I had them in the past. This version nails it. Not letting go of this one!

NCRich

Refreshing memories.

aCdiRXv.jpg?1

Different blue? Looks nice.

Haltec

@Left Coast Guy

Nice watch.   Can you check is there any engravings between lugs?

k3rm87

This may actually be the thread that leads me to finally pull the trigger on the SOH

Left Coast Guy

@Haltec Not wearing it today and just saw this, but will check when I have a minute at home and update

On 4/2/2018 at 03:01, k3rm87 said:

This may actually be the thread that leads me to finally pull the trigger on the SOH

I'm telling you, the gloss on the ceramic bezel makes a HUGE difference. I know folks were into the old SOH, but they just seemed plain on the wrist to me -- the ceramic really make it pop. 

Haltec

@Left Coast Guy 

Great, Thnx.   

Some sunnyday dial/bezel photos and pearl closeup would be great too.. 

(When/If you got the time)

It's really difficult to tell the (REP) colour from owner's photos.   (Not much of those unfortunately)

Left Coast Guy

@Haltec  Nothing between the lugs, and here are some more pics. 

41240292571_9807b1f2bc_b.jpg

26366922137_660b943d27_b.jpg

40343714395_99152c4ac9_b.jpg

Haltec

Thnx mate.

Looking better when browsing forum on desktop PC.  I must have turned on some bluelight something filter on my smartphone - it completely change photo colours.  Not good for dial sampling.  :headdesk:

Edited by Haltec

Hamblehound

Im confused :armadillo:

Is this the new batch of reps that came out recently or gen?

Wolf359

Was going to moan about the "p" and the "a" not lining up perfectly on the dial like the  gen superocean heritage 1, but on the new ceramic superocean heritage 2 , they do not line up perfectly either, the new rep version is as per gen.  Hooray:badger:  looks fantastic.  Thanks for posting this, hope the ceramic doesn't scratch.    The older non v2 reps had problems with the crowns malfunctioning, might see if I can get an extra crown/tube assembly just in case.  Outside of a white omega ploprof, this is  the penultimate summer watch.  Also been eyeing a  pretty Chrono gen tag  formula 1 quartz w/gen nato strap as another great summer option.

rzSpmbt.jpg

Edited by Limp Wrist :(
more info

LaraA

Its a really nice watch 

i own the Gen 1, owned the gen 2 for 2-3 days, then sold it 

Because of the dead giveaway in my eyes 

The rep have a triangular shape thats lowered and the pearl sticks up

The gen have a little lowered triangle also, but only very little, and the shape of the pearl looks more like a ring 

2_FDFE880_665_E_49_A0_982_D_64_C45917988

Haltec

Yes.  I don't get how why they won't get this properly.   

Wrong bezel insert pearl (they should mimic CRPO, LMPO or any Omega actually - they're more alike than this REP one), wrong buckle, wrong bezel edges (Not machined - don't know the process rep maker used),  wrong indices, no engraving between lugs..   missed A/p alignment..  

CRPO pearl is more alike than the replicated for SOH one ????!

IMG_1486

Like allways I guess either they sell enough on streets or.. I don't know..  

Had tried GEN black version yesterday.. beautifull watch..   I was going to get New SEAWOLF (REP) but after i tried SOH II - I am going to wait to proper soh rep, or I won't be buying neither one.

Edited by Haltec
add info

Ferax

Anyone bought the Breitling SOH II ceramic 42mm? It should be NWBIG but I heard the miyota 9015 is loud as hell...

Mrapplebee
On 24/06/2018 at 09:07, Ferax said:

Anyone bought the Breitling SOH II ceramic 42mm? It should be NWBIG but I heard the miyota 9015 is loud as hell...

I’ve just received mine. It’s a great looking piece, but yeh the 9015 is loud as f*ck! Loudest I’ve ever heard. Lol. No regrets though, it looks amazing. Now I just need to source a mesh or strap for it as I don’t like the leather mesh that comes with it.

EBB
37 minutes ago, Mrapplebee said:

I’ve just received mine. It’s a great looking piece, but yeh the 9015 is loud as f*ck! Loudest I’ve ever heard. Lol. No regrets though, it looks amazing. Now I just need to source a mesh or strap for it as I don’t like the leather mesh that comes with it.

go with a staib mesh if you can't get OEM

Mrapplebee
On 06/07/2018 at 19:04, EBB said:

go with a staib mesh if you can't get OEM

Cheers, just had a look. They look really good

Redemskis

Where is this from?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk