Sign in to follow this  
jameo210369

New baby

Luthier
Greg you only worry about Joey sometimes, don't you read his posts;the man is insane. If he lived in th UK he would have been sectioned by now.

Chicago rules...

:rofl::):rofl:

greg_r
Greg you only worry about Joey sometimes, don't you read his posts;the man is insane. If he lived in th UK he would have been sectioned by now.

Chicago rules...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Great city, true - despite the insane inhabitant(s) :rofl:

Haven't been there in years other than passing through O'Hare on the way to/from St. Louis. Must try and take some time to visit again before too long - will probably be spending a couple weeks in the US later this year.

R2D4

Jameo, I like this watch. It's very elegant. Did you get inspired by Gregs' previous Avatar? I wouldn't blame you if you did. :rofl:

JoeyB

Chicago rules...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Great city, true - despite the insane inhabitant(s) :rofl:

Haven't been there in years other than passing through O'Hare on the way to/from St. Louis. Must try and take some time to visit again before too long - will probably be spending a couple weeks in the US later this year.

Bring lots of money! I live in the suburbs, but the city has changed a lot since you've been here last. The south and west sides are still 'rough' but improved, the area downtown and surrounding has been redone. They are rebuilding from downtown out in all directions. The taxes are the highest in the nation, sales tax at 11%. Waikiki is less expensive than Chicago's downtown area for food and drink, entertainment. Parking is absurdly priced, and they are in 'bid mode' for the Olympics which, if won, will make it even more expensive.

On the plus side the city looks better than ever, is cleaner than ever and actually is better than it's ever been if you can afford it.

But the only insane people we have are the Brits that couldn't find their way back home. <_<

greg_r
Bring lots of money! I live in the suburbs, but the city has changed a lot since you've been here last. The south and west sides are still 'rough' but improved, the area downtown and surrounding has been redone. They are rebuilding from downtown out in all directions. The taxes are the highest in the nation, sales tax at 11%. Waikiki is less expensive than Chicago's downtown area for food and drink, entertainment. Parking is absurdly priced, and they are in 'bid mode' for the Olympics which, if won, will make it even more expensive.

On the plus side the city looks better than ever, is cleaner than ever and actually is better than it's ever been if you can afford it.

But the only insane people we have are the Brits that couldn't find their way back home. <_<

lol - well at least that doesn't include me. Despite the damn silly transit system at O'Hare, I've never failed to find my way home :rofl:

JoeyB

lol - well at least that doesn't include me. Despite the damn silly transit system at O'Hare, I've never failed to find my way home :rofl:

O'hare is a breeze compared to Dallas or Las Vegas, and probably others. I'd love to have a long talk with the guy who designs airports. :rofl:

greg_r

O'hare is a breeze compared to Dallas or Las Vegas, and probably others. I'd love to have a long talk with the guy who designs airports. :rofl:

hmm - I've been through Dallas and didn't think it was quite as bad. Every time I try to make a connection at O'Hare, I wind up having to jump on their poorly-signposted Transit system and go through security a second time. If you miss the train, you miss the connection - takes around an hour - hour and a half just to switch terminals. Madness. We usually manage to make the connection, but rarely with more than 5 minutes to spare.

Last time we did it we came through Toronto and skipped O'Hare completely - was much easier - just dull. :rofl:

JoeyB

hmm - I've been through Dallas and didn't think it was quite as bad. Every time I try to make a connection at O'Hare, I wind up having to jump on their poorly-signposted Transit system and go through security a second time. If you miss the train, you miss the connection - takes around an hour - hour and a half just to switch terminals. Madness. We usually manage to make the connection, but rarely with more than 5 minutes to spare.

Last time we did it we came through Toronto and skipped O'Hare completely - was much easier - just dull. :rofl:

I should have known better. I don't change terminals here so I wouldn't know about that problem. Changing terminals at Dallas and Vegas was really a stupid pain, but LAX is a very good one.

greg_r
I should have known better. I don't change terminals here so I wouldn't know about that problem. Changing terminals at Dallas and Vegas was really a stupid pain, but LAX is a very good one.

yup - LAX is good as is San Francisco. Toronto couldn't be easier either (although it is possibly the most boring major airport I've ever seen).

JoeyB

yup - LAX is good as is San Francisco. Toronto couldn't be easier either (although it is possibly the most boring major airport I've ever seen).

Yep, I forgot about S.F. Honolulu is very good too and I've never found it boring!

iabounty

Des Moines International Airport.........

It isn't international, but Iowans don't need to know that............

jameo210369

Yes R2D4, I liked Gregs avatar; the VC was stunning.

You guys need to go to John Lennon Airport in Liverpool, it's about the size of a postage stamp.

Luthier
Yes R2D4, I liked Gregs avatar; the VC was stunning.

You guys need to go to John Lennon Airport in Liverpool, it's about the size of a postage stamp.

You, guys, should see new Beijing airport, or Shanghai Pudong airport, or Guangzhou new Baiyun airport... in lattest palm trees inside, about 100 feet tall... airport is a size of small city.

GZ.jpg

GZ-2.jpg

JoeyB

Will they be changing it to 'Des Moines Intersexual Airport' now? :Talking Ear Off:

greg_r

Will they be changing it to 'Des Moines Intersexual Airport' now? :Talking Ear Off:

No, but they'll only let you fly to Gaysport, Ohio.

jameo210369

I am starting to worry about this forum, lots of talk about gay men and she males; is there something I need to know??

onzenuub
I am starting to worry about this forum, lots of talk about gay men and she males; is there something I need to know??

You know noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooothing

JoeyB

No, but they'll only let you fly to Gaysport, Ohio.

Via French Lick, Indiana? :bottle:

Luthier

Yeah... homos taking World over.

greg_r

:Talking Ear Off:

sconehead

No, just Iowa...when is a homophobe not a homophope?

iabounty

Hey now......... Don't look at me........ All I said was Des Moines International Airport (cough) Personally I drive to Chicago, get road rage, hurt several people with my fists, several more with my language, have my luggage lost all before I even arrive at the airport........ But it's still cheaper and easier in the long run, even after the attorney fees..........

Luthier
Hey now......... Don't look at me........ All I said was Des Moines International Airport (cough) Personally I drive to Chicago, get road rage, hurt several people with my fists, several more with my language, have my luggage lost all before I even arrive at the airport........ But it's still cheaper and easier in the long run, even after the attorney fees..........

IA, do you take apprentices?

:Talking Ear Off::):bottle:

greg_r

:Talking Ear Off:

JoeyB
Personally I drive to Chicago, get road rage, hurt several people with my fists, several more with my language, have my luggage lost all before I even arrive at the airport........ But it's still cheaper and easier in the long run, even after the attorney fees..........

Damn, was that you? Cook County has a 'Wanted' poster out on you. Hey, you can double-dip!