Andr3y

Noob V7 bezel problems?

Andr3y

So I just received my noob V7 submariner with date and the watch itself is very nice all except for the bezel. The bezel numbers are very dim but that is not my big problem. The main problem is, with enough force I can already turn the bezel in the wrong direction. As well the clocks sound very rough and I feel like it will break soon. Any suggestions on what to do?

black263
40 minutes ago, Andr3y said:

So I just received my noob V7 submariner with date and the watch itself is very nice all except for the bezel. The bezel numbers are very dim but that is not my big problem. The main problem is, with enough force I can already turn the bezel in the wrong direction. As well the clocks sound very rough and I feel like it will break soon. Any suggestions on what to do?

Stop trying to turn it the wrong way, and have the movement serviced.  If it was bought from a TD, get in touch.  They may offer to help pay for the service, or may ask you to return it to them.  Have a read of Greg's advice in the  5th link below.  (What do I do if something's wrong?)

Lagger

What black said or contact the watch Smith listed in the trusted section, the bezel numbers are easily sorted with a silver sharpie pen, search there is guides,,,      I do mine in minutes

Genius
6 minutes ago, black263 said:

Stop trying to turn it the wrong way.. .. ..

Good point!

Why the hell are you trying to turn it the wrong way?

lrnz

If it's turning the wrong way, check if the dental floss mod has been done to it. If so, probably the floss went over the click spring, and causes it to be able to turn in wrong direction too.

Luxuracer

Why do you want to forcefully turn the bezel the opposite direction ... @Andr3y?!?

Everything breaks if you apply 'enough' force. 

Your watch rotor is 'dry'. It needs 1/2 a tiny drop of watch oil.

If you bought a V7 with SA3135 movement, you might need to have it service.

Best of luck.

deju
5 minutes ago, black263 said:

Stop trying to turn it the wrong way, and have the movement serviced.  If it was bought from a TD, get in touch.  They may offer to help pay for the service, or may ask you to return it to them.  Have a read of Greg's advice in the  5th link below.  (What do I do if something's wrong?)

but with enough force he can. 

JSJ

I can only get my bezel to go the wrong way if I use Stilsons on it. Is this a defect?

Noobv10

What’s the paint color called for the silver. Motov something? Is their a good guide for a how to apply it? :) thank you. I tried searching got nothing. 

lrnz
7 minutes ago, Noobv10 said:

What’s the paint color called for the silver. Motov something? Is their a good guide for a how to apply it? :) thank you. I tried searching got nothing. 

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Molotow-Pennarello-One4all-227hs-4-Mm-227-Metallic-Silver/162624512455?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Just use a little cup, fill up some of the paint in it, then use a q tip and soak it in that paint.

Dab the paint on the insert ( you can take the bezel off if you want )

then wait for it to dry and use clean q tips to rub the excess paint off. Just some pressure and the excess is gone.

I will link a guide on RWI but for the sharpie, maybe it's useful to you

lrnz
3 minutes ago, lrnz said:

nvm link is dead

McGilli
On 2018-03-31 at 07:05, Andr3y said:

The main problem is, with enough force I can already turn the bezel in the wrong direction. As well the clocks sound very rough and I feel like it will break soon. Any suggestions on what to do?

Just make sure you're honest with the seller - that you were applying lots of force trying to rotate it the wrong way. You wouldn't want them to think the watch was defective when you got it...

Noobv10
7 hours ago, lrnz said:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Molotow-Pennarello-One4all-227hs-4-Mm-227-Metallic-Silver/162624512455?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Just use a little cup, fill up some of the paint in it, then use a q tip and soak it in that paint.

Dab the paint on the insert ( you can take the bezel off if you want )

then wait for it to dry and use clean q tips to rub the excess paint off. Just some pressure and the excess is gone.

It will not stain the green In my bezel? It will just wipe off? I have a hulk :) 

alanArgon

I just received my Noob7 Sub ordered from Mary on Saturday and the Bezel and markings, and all other things of the watch are amazing... strange that yours is this way... mine cant turn the other way even though logic kicked in before I exert more force as to 'Why am I trying to force it the other way'!!!

I will post photos soon!

lrnz
3 hours ago, Noobv10 said:

It will not stain the green In my bezel? It will just wipe off? I have a hulk :) 

Nope, doesn’t stain. 

Rokerite
Nope, doesn’t stain. 
Paint needs a "key" to stick, i.e. it needs a rough surface to adhere to. That is why you use sandpaper to roughen gloss paint before you apply another coat. The ceramic bezel is as smooth as glass so the paint will not adhere properly and just sit on top when it's dry making it easy to rub off.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk