Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

[NEW INFO] Orient SK Crystal Restoring and modding - PREVIEW

KeNnY

thank you pfcdre, was really hardest job I have done so far.. I have sweared almost every few minutes lol :whatdidimiss:

nunu78

KenNy, dont have words for this job.Man itz fucking Rock n Roll

KeNnY

hehe nunu thank you ! :whatdidimiss:

nunu78

In Btw I want one of urz modded DSSD dials :whatdidimiss:

KeNnY
In Btw I want one of urz modded DSSD dials :whatdidimiss:

I can mod every DSSD dial, even your ! :D Also Ska have successfully made this mod. Soon when I will finally finnish the DSSDs (I am waiting for package from Ska) I will post really nice modding tutorial, for transformation of DSSD V1 to V3 ! :)

just a FWI Bezel on the Orient is not final... Have an idea, and I will try it on weekend. we will see, of I can get better results.

KeNnY

So UPDATE on the bezel,

I am going to give it a shot to try create this bezel on 3D printer :)

lunetafullhd.png

25011389.jpg

55861264.jpg

81681891.jpg

69572350.jpg

KeNnY

Another shot, lets hope that 3D printer will be able to do such detail

lunetafullhd2.png

THE main thing why I am going to create new bezel, the old one was destroyed by acetone... :)

3D printer used will be in Kosice university. My brother studies there PhD.

KeNnY

Someone of you might not know what is 3D Printer, so here is video for you, this explains all

trailboss99

They have one at work do they Kenny?

Those things are just sooooo cool!

KeNnY
They have one at work do they Kenny?

Those things are just sooooo cool!

I love that 3D Printing technology ! THe base color will be white like on video, but I don't know what type of "plastic" or what it is will be. I will surely ask my brother to make an video when it will be creating the bezel, I will pass it here. And It made me thinking, you can make some ultra lightweight watches in this style !

EDIT: They have 2 3D printers in 2 different campuses. 1 is working nonstop, and other one (the better one) is not used. So it depends, how my brother will use his connections , so I can make that tiny small 3cm ring for me.

KeNnY

Added bigger depth to the engravings - before 0,1mm now 0,3mm.

lunetamorepolygonsfullh.png

lunetamorepolygonsfullh.png

trailboss99

You never cease to amaze me Kenny, honestly.

KeNnY
You never cease to amaze me Kenny, honestly.

:popcorn: thanks Col.

It is not yet 100% that this will work, first I hope they will "let me play" to print some rings. And we will see if it can create this in such detail. If this doesn't work, then I will have to ask Ska, if it is possible from him, to create this bezel from metal or ceramic (that would be cool huh ? ceramic inner bezel! :P).

flottiglia

Great work Kenny,i used to have one of those Orients also with the pink dial,nice watch.

That 3D printer is just incredible,the possibilities for that with watch mods are amazing,really looking forward to see how this turns out.

BTW luming + swearing go together well !

KeNnY
Great work Kenny,i used to have one of those Orients also with the pink dial,nice watch.

That 3D printer is just incredible,the possibilities for that with watch mods are amazing,really looking forward to see how this turns out.

BTW luming + swearing go together well !

Thank you flottiglia ! If I will be able to finish that watch in the way I want, I will be happy owner of this watch !

It would be shame to leave that watch in pieces now :popcorn:

solkryssare

WoW Kenny! I did my masters project on a older ABS 3D printer. amazing stuff! There are printers now that can print in different colours like your bezel design. No need to paint. The Really hardcore ones can even print in metal. Not a CNC cutter, but a 3D printer that uses a sort of metal powder. Now, that is amazing!

KeNnY
The Really hardcore ones can even print in metal. Not a CNC cutter, but a 3D printer that uses a sort of metal powder. Now, that is amazing!

THAT WOULD BE HARDCORE !!!! I am already thinking about 1:1 replication !!! I want FUTURE NOW !

I got info that I can print in black color, what is great for me. I should get soon information about the precision of the printing.

I now only can wait, that some higher persons will agree to let me do my modding project :popcorn: first thing to have finished 3D model with correct sizes.

powderfreak

Great idea with the new bezel, please keep us updatet. Wanna know how that 3D printing works out :)

KeNnY

I have found one company that can make it for around 8€ maybe less.. It is Slovakia based.

here some pictures from their site

lebka_800_600_0.JPG

motor_800_600_0.jpg

stihacka_800_600_0.JPG

nunu78

DSSD King Kenny :)

flottiglia
I have found one company that can make it for around 8€ maybe less.. It is Slovakia based.

here some pictures from their site

lebka_800_600_0.JPG

motor_800_600_0.jpg

stihacka_800_600_0.JPG

This is interesting stuff..

It looks as though the finished item loses a little crisp definition from the photo which may be a problem,hard to tell for sure though.

KeNnY

heh nunu :)

flottiglia hard to tell from photos, and don't know how big were these models. I have send them email with my STL (my bezel 3D model), and asked them if it is possible to print on their printer with having the details on the bezel - Sharp edges etc. I see answer.. My brother could make 1-2 pieces. If I would want volume order I would need to go to private companies.

solkryssare

I think thats more due to the lightning in the 3d renderings. That can make objects look sharper and more pronounced than they would in real life.

KeNnY
I think thats more due to the lightning in the 3d renderings. That can make objects look sharper and more pronounced than they would in real life.

yes on that, and also, it looks like the pictures real life were cropped and photoshoped from unknown background.

Solkry when you printed on the 3D printer, you should know what is the maximum precision able no ?

KeNnY

GREAT NEWS !

I should receive soon my 3D printed bezel !!!!! It was printed on one of the best 3D printers around - OBJET. I hope I measured it correctly and it will fit great and of course the details will be preserved on it ! :Whistle:

Will post video and photo when I will receive it !

Hope everything be ok so I can finally finish this project ! :)