Steve53

Bought a new toy: Timegrapher

Steve53

Greetings all, from Canada. Today we had a beautiful, sunny spring day on the west coast.  Anyhow, I bought a new toy: a Timegrapher. At the same time, bought a "Winner" watch, $20 US off ebay. What a deal :D

Is this the cheapest, mechanical, automatic watch available?002.jpg

004.jpg005.jpg

No numbers or identifying letters engraved inside. No need to waste time on such frivolities.

As expected, the Timegrapher showed the watch needed regulating

.timegrapher_001.jpg

After tinkering with the regulating - , and beat error lever (oh yes, the tiniest of movements) it settled down quite nicely.

006.jpg

Is the low amplitude a sign of needing lubrication?

A plea to movement makers: How about making the regulating and beat error levers longer? What a challenge, moving the levers such a tiny, tiny amount.

The bracelet is all hollow links and incredibly noisy. Man, this thing is cheaply made, of course.

007.jpg

However, I think the watch and bracelet looks quite nice. To top it off, this is no cheap replica, this is cheap genuine :D . If I get a few months of wear out of it, I will be happy.

Glaude

Always handy to have some sort of regulation device in the rep world ! This is the basic model that does the job well !

Winner watch can be found for dirt cheap, less than that on DHGate or Aliexpress.

There's some automatic movement cheaper than quartz (All from China).

If you find it hard to tinker with regulating arms, have a look at a full-service video on YouTube ;) 

As for the low amplitude, could be multiple factors, but lack of lubrication is indeed one of them !

LightGeek

Nice Longines.... wait.... Winner. I agree, these are all over DHG and Ali for cheap as chips so for your next expedition, take a look there. Add in the plethora of coupons that come out regularly and they’re almost free.