Capricorn

Scammed by b-uhr (Jay)

Capricorn

Hi everyone,

Over a period of about 3,5 years, I got scammed by Jay (b-uhr). In short, this is what happened:

I bought a Helson Sharkmaster 600 on the bay for 900 USD on Sept. 30, 2014. I asked the seller to send it to Jay, because I spoke with Jay about putting a gen dial in the watch. He said he had a watchmaker who could do that and waterproof the watch, and that sounded very plausible: he had had such a watch himself. He ordered a gen dial and a gen pusher, I paid him 451 USD (for the parts) and 300 USD (for the watchmaker's work), and everything went to his watchmaker. That took quite a long time: watchmaker didn’t have much time, etcetera. Eventually he received the watch back again, on Feb. 15, 2015, and tried to send it to me. I asked him for pictures, but he said he forgot to take some before he packed the whole thing. Then he sent it several times, with following tracking codes:
- LN209242573US (paid him 90 USD for that, the code never appeared on the USPS website, I repeatedly asked for a scan of the receipt and I never got that)
- after a lot of asking, I got these pictures on June 15 and 22, 2015: https://i.imgur.com/SQQad54.jpg and https://i.imgur.com/6YqWoxy.jpg . The file name of the first picture was 061515_zpsa82746de.jpg~original.jpeg, so I believe it's possible he indeed took that picture on June 15, 2015.
- LN303838304US (the tracking said it departed usps facility in San Francisco on July 13th, 2015, and that message never changed)
- LN358775705US on Nov. 21, 2015 (according to the tracking website it left LA on November 24th and it arrived in NY on December 26th, 2015. The package seemed stuck so we agreed that he requested that it could be returned to him)
- LN705835577US on July 19, 2016, and that one got lost, according to him. He said insurance would pay an amount around 1000-1200 USD for the loss, and after that, again according to him, a lot went wrong again.
His last answer to me was on March 2nd, and since then he doesn't reply anymore.

On HF we had a discussion about this situation and it appeared there were other members who got scammed by him. The HF moderators notified the moderators of the other websites and b-uhr is now banned on several sites.

Although I've mostly been active on HF and RWI, and although the moderators were already notified, I wanted to let this know publicly, that Jay, alias b-uhr, is not to be trusted.

If you had a similar experience, please respond or please let me know through PM.

C

blueradish

Jay has made his rounds on pretty much all the watch boards. He was a real upstanding guy in the beginning and then started ripping people off all of a sudden. He is pretty much banned everywhere. Sux it happened to you, hopefully he can be tracked down pay for what he's done. He definitely needs a visit from a lawyer or the authorities.

Capricorn

In September 2014 Jay told me his full name is Jay Tan, and he lives in Sacramento, Ca 95833. I have more details but at this time I'm not going to post these here.

The link to the thread on HF is http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42915

The email address he used to communicate with me was [email protected], and a fellow member at HF also mentioned [email protected]

The email address he always used for pp was [email protected]

Jibuti

somebody should pay him a friendly visit......

FunnyStarSystem

Nothing good ever came out of Sacramento - thanks for the heads up chaps.

RUSH2112

Never heard of him but I do have a couple questions:

a helson is a gen so what do you mean a gen dial?  Did you get a rep helson?

why send it to jay if jay doesn’t do the work.  Why not send to watchmaker yourself?