PAL2PQ

Miscommunication? (Solved)

PAL2PQ

Hi,

So i bought a black tudor pelagos v6f v3 with a 2824-2 movement but got one with a miyota 9015 i contacted td and he told me that this was the more expensive version while he is keeping his price the same???? i  asked him what we could do to help this issue because i really want the 2824-2 because the miyota just sounds like a toy watch which is not what i spent 300$ on, he has been ignoring me for a day now what can i do because it seems like he doesnt want to do anything about it.

Edit: the problem was solved and the TD in question will change the description of the item to match the actual item, and he gave me free shipping on my next item, so all worked out in the end :)

Edited by PAL2PQ

BadPickle

hang in there for now, maybe the dealer is trying to source you the one requested before offering a solution. If you get no joy from the TD in the next few days contact a forum moderator for help. 

hope it all works out for you pal 

Wriggles

I'd take a Miyota over an asian clone every day of the week. And why is this in Scams forum again? You got a watch, possibly a better one ( I don't know anything about this version, I have the first version) and the TD hasn't happened to answer you in under a day and it's a Scam?  :facepalm: 

EBB

Well that's not good, you paid for a more expensive movement, and got the cheaper one, hope all works out, best of luck. 

Jibuti

chill out  OP, one day is nothing in these dimensions we are... TDs have life, too (so I've heard, but not much out of fora...)

Mr Stubbs

Thank you for not naming the dealer.   Please don't use the word 'scammed'.   If a more valuable watch was substituted, you weren't scammed.

Follow PBR's advice.  The dealer might have been trying to help you.

omegex
35 minutes ago, PAL2PQ said:

Hi,

So i bought a black tudor pelagos v6f v3 with a 2824-2 movement but got one with a miyota 9015 i contacted td and he told me that this was the more expensive version while he is keeping his price the same???? i  asked him what we could do to help this issue because i really want the 2824-2 because the miyota just sounds like a toy watch which is not what i spent 300$ on, he has been ignoring me for a day now what can i do because it seems like he doesnt want to do anything about it.

Patience is the virtue in this game.  Just because the TD has not responded to your email does not mean to say that he/she is ignoring you.  As @jibuti said TD's also have a life and you have to bear in mind the time differences between where you are and where they are.

Chill out, take your time and if for some reason things don't work out then contact a mod.

I will say one thing in your favour though, despite it is your first post, you didn't name and shame the TD. That is a big no no on here without mod approval and well done you for not doing so.

McGilli

So - just so a noob like me can follow along...

Miyota IS a better movement? Like - absolutely?

Cuz I'm just wondering why someone would be upset at getting an upgrade for free....

PAL2PQ
1 hour ago, McGilli said:

Cuz I'm just wondering why someone would be upset at getting an upgrade for free....

it tends to be more accurate then the asian eta's but it sounds like a little watch toy just so damn noisy

1 hour ago, Wriggles said:

I'd take a Miyota over an asian clone every day of the week. And why is this in Scams forum again? You got a watch, possibly a better one ( I don't know anything about this version, I have the first version) and the TD hasn't happened to answer you in under a day and it's a Scam?  :facepalm: 

this is in the scams forum because i couldnt find where to post it... i might be blind...  but back to the response thing he answered my first email and then i sent him another within the minute i received it and then not hearing from a td who's known to respond quickly is kind of weird

2 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

hang in there for now, maybe the dealer is trying to source you the one requested before offering a solution. If you get no joy from the TD in the next few days contact a forum moderator for help. 

hope it all works out for you pal 

okay thank you for your answer will try to stay calm and hope everything works out :)

Thank you all for the responses tho i might have jumped the gun a bit by making this post just something that i also couldnt find a lot of other posts about so made me kind of anxious

k4jun
1 hour ago, Wriggles said:

I'd take a Miyota over an asian clone every day of the week.

I thought the same, but on the next door first 4 Pelagos miyota reps... were immediately in m2m, due to the noisy rotor. A2824 Pelagos is still better imo.

k4jun
1 hour ago, PAL2PQ said:

Hi,

Stay cool. One day is nothing, TDs do have their lives and other customers too.
Frankly I would suggest to avoid shipping the watch back to China. If you are not happy with the watch, try to work out some discount from TD, sell the watch in m2m and buy what you want.

splke

I think you have every right to be pissed off I wouldn't want the miyota either. But like pickle said play the long game if after a while you feel you are not getting anywhere then it is mod time. 

GenTLe
38 minutes ago, McGilli said:

In general: yes. For sure better than unnamed Asian clone. On pair with a Seagull clone. Just put a tiny (I wrote TINY) amount of Moebius HP 1300 in the rotor bearing and it will be silent. 

Glaude
1 hour ago, The_Forum_Drunk said:

Well that's not good, you paid for a more expensive movement, and got the cheaper one, hope all works out, best of luck. 

It's the other way around mate ! (Old nickname was better)

He paid for a cheaper movement, got a more expensive one.

7 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

In general: yes. For sure better than unnamed Asian clone. On pair with a Seagull clone. Just put a tiny (I wrote TINY) amount of Moebius HP 1300 in the rotor bearing and it will be silent. 

This ! 

EBB
22 minutes ago, Glaude said:

It's the other way around mate ! (Old nickname was better)

He paid for a cheaper movement, got a more expensive one.

This ! 

ooh ok I didn't know that, then what's there to complain about, this is a blessing in disguise!

Edited by The_Forum_Drunk

RUSH2112
1 hour ago, PAL2PQ said:

it tends to be more accurate then the asian eta's but it sounds like a little watch toy just so damn noisy

this is in the scams forum because i couldnt find where to post it... i might be blind...  but back to the response thing he answered my first email and then i sent him another within the minute i received it and then not hearing from a td who's known to respond quickly is kind of weird

okay thank you for your answer will try to stay calm and hope everything works out :)

Thank you all for the responses tho i might have jumped the gun a bit by making this post just something that i also couldnt find a lot of other posts about so made me kind of anxious

Had you read the info when you joined you would know the advice to a person with an issue with a td is to talk to the td then notify a moderator.  At no point is it advised to openly accuse the td of scamming you after an entire day of not replying.  Bad form.

PAL2PQ
10 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Okay i will try that thank you :)

SamsonAusKognito

No reply for one day ...

No reply for ONE day ...

How dare they :lol: 

PAL2PQ

Figured it out with td he will fix it on the site and gave me free shipping on my next order.

splke
6 minutes ago, PAL2PQ said:

Figured it out with td he will fix it on the site and gave me free shipping on my next order.

:thumbsup2:

tripdog123
10 hours ago, PAL2PQ said:

You seem to know what you're talking about here - how many toy watches have you owned ?

He didn't reply to your immediate and instant second email because TD's go through their emails once a day - one email, one reply. If he'd replied to your 2nd email, you would have sent a 3rd, he would have replied, then you would have sent a 4th etc - it becomes a fucking conversation - he doesn't have time for that.

FunnyStarSystem

If all else fails, just remove the rotor and -voila- you've got a silent manual wind with a superior movement :D

VMSG
17 minutes ago, funnystarsystem said:

If all else fails, just remove the rotor and -voila- you've got a silent manual wind with a superior movement :D

LOL

PAL2PQ
6 hours ago, funnystarsystem said:

200 iq, definetly an option.

black263
On 4/12/2018 at 08:08, PAL2PQ said:

So no scamming involved at all.  Now PM a mod and ask for this to be moved to the dealer's feedback section, which is where it belongs. (Mods are in blue at the bottom of the home page)