trailboss99

Under attack again

GingerApple

RWI seems to be working again so hopefully all sorted.

trailboss99
6 hours ago, nivka said:

Ffs. Sorry to hear it, boss. As if you guys didn’t enough on your plate. I imagine the new platform will be more secure. Fingers crossed this passes quickly

It wasn't a hack mate, the forum itself is locked down tighter than a Scotsman's purse strings. 

6 hours ago, teddy875 said:

I don't understand why RWI is the target of these hacks and the other sites aren't.  (Not that I want anyone hacked).  It almost seems personal like someone has a issue with RWI specifically.   Best wishes to trailboss99 and crew getting it back up and running. 

Once again, this was NOT a hack. there was no security breach. As for why, we are the biggest target.  He's given up trying to sell data he never had in the first place (he got nothing in the last hack as far as we can tell, he just buggered stuff up) so maybe he thought he could keep us down and extort us that way.

5 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Do you think they are directly targeting Replica watch sites? Or possible getting people’s email and personal details for identity theft purposes? 

Maybe they are just scum being scum 

This was a Denial of Service attack not a hack, the forum itself is locked down tight.  Your data is now a hell of a lot safer at RWI than it is at Facebook (yeah, not hard I know). 

Chiquita Fanjita
1 minute ago, trailboss99 said:

It wasn't a hack mate, the forum itself is locked down tighter than a Scotsman's purse strings. 

Hey now!  Us Scots are just frugal, not tight ;)  I prefer the term, "as tight as a nuns' noo noo" myself :lol: 

Thommo82
4 minutes ago, trailboss99 said:

Your data is now a hell of a lot safer at RWI than it is at Facebook (yeah, not hard I know). 

None of my multiple FB accounts use any of my real data.....

Gotta stay ahead of the game 

deju

DDoS isn't hacking. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Thommo82 said:

None of my multiple FB accounts use any of my real data.....

Gotta stay ahead of the game 

My Facebook uses all your real details... Its fine.

greg_r

Sigh... it's about time RWI caught a break...

BadPickle

not sure what it all means, but it doesn't sound great. 

bash them fuckers right outta the park TB 

HorFan

It's happening again! WTF?

991turbo

yea seems like its back

pm-guy

It's working fine now....

trailboss99

That last one was our hosts doing a backup and running us out memory, words will be had on Monday. 

Hyjynx
Why just RWI over and over again? why this attacker is not attacking other forums?

That’s the million $ question. It’s not anger directed at rep fora generally, but a personal vendetta against RWI. My gut feeling is we might find our culprit in the Brig.

VMSG
29 minutes ago, Hyjynx said:

That’s the million $ question. It’s not anger directed at rep fora generally, but a personal vendetta against RWI. My gut feeling is we might find our culprit in the Brig.

Totally looks like it is personal...

dave47
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 21:51, trailboss99 said:

Sorry guys, we are being DDOS'd by someone, hard. Not much we can do but wait.

I noticed when RWI was down for the evening, TB.  I can only wish you and your team the best in your endless efforts to keep the Site open and operating.  I'm just sorry there's no way to track these bastards!!  I'll wait, of course.  GOOD LUCK.

dave

DR3M3L
On 14-4-2018 at 07:10, trailboss99 said:

That last one was our hosts doing a backup and running us out memory, words will be had on Monday. 

^ this.

Words had today, things should get stable within a week. The best techs are looking into the setup and make sure it’ll be rock solid.

streetiq

Thank you @trailboss99 and all RWI crew members ,
haters gonna hate...  but RWI is stronger than that. 

trailboss99

Sorry guys, looks like we are down again. Not sure on the reason as yet but given the length of time it could be our "friend" again.

highrisedrifter
33 minutes ago, trailboss99 said:

Sorry guys, looks like we are down again. Not sure on the reason as yet but given the length of time it could be our "friend" again.

This is shitty news, TB. Sorry to hear this. I hope you guys get it up and running again soon.

Undinist
On 4/14/2018 at 19:58, Hyjynx said:

Tbh when I was in the Brig I was so angry that  if I had the skills I probably would have tried to take the site down. 

Lagger
27 minutes ago, Undinist said:

Tbh when I was in the Brig I was so angry that  if I had the skills I probably would have tried to take the site down. 

That is what you call open and honest feed back

k4jun
On 19.04.2018 at 09:49, trailboss99 said:

Error 521 'web server is down"

Rx4Time

I'm still getting a blank screen...

Slowlex

Damn it. Still down, now what do I do?

domsdaddy123

Give em hell Boss..You know you have an army of soldiers here who will help you any way we can.....