The first post is about March and April 2018 State of the Collection. Further updates to the collection are linked and posted below: Update #1 End of May 2018 Update #2 End of June 2018 Update #3 End of July 2018 Update #4 End of August 2018 Update #5 End of September 2018 Update #6 End of October 2018 Update #7 End of November 2018 Update #8 End of December 2018 Update #9 End of January 2019 Update #10 End of February 2019 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi guys, Before discovering this crazy place, I was a casual watch enthusiast. I like the look of watches. I like dress watches. Will I collect some luxury Swiss timepieces? Yes, perhaps some in the future. I had a very dim view of replicas because I only knew about the really low quality, overpriced toys I saw whilst walking around street markets. After finding RWG and learning about high-quality reps, that was it. The floodgates (and my wallet) opened.  In the last two months, I have acquired/ in the process of acquiring 16 more watches. Here are some pics of the state of my collection, before discovering RWG. Just one or two gen luxury watches, the others all modestly priced gens but each is linked to specific points/events in my life   Rest assured, there will be a deluge  of  photos of my new acquisitions. Just waiting for the last two to arrive. No conscious planning to it, but there is a nice symmetry to this: 5 stainless steels, 5 leather/rubber. From left to right, top then bottom row: a Fossil, Junghans Quartz Chronograph, Rolex Datejust 16220, Hugo Boss Dual-Time, Casio Edifice Chronograph, Junghans Max Bill, Ingersoll Union, Shanghai Quartz, Skagen Ancher and my good old Casio for long distance swimming.   The Datejust Star of the show. Pride of the Fleet. This beauty was a graduation gift during my intercalation year (degree within a degree, because hey studying is so much fun). My dad bought this 16220 in the early 1990s and I am eternally grateful for this wonderful present. He doesn't know it yet but I will be returning the favour in kind at some point, possibly a gen Nautilus or Calatrava when I can pony up the funds. This is a relatively small watch which is a perfect fit for me and works fine as a black-tie dress watch, leather rules be damned.   The Dress Automatics Up next we have my Ingersoll Union and Junghans Max Bill. One is my watch with the most complications and the other a minimalist; both elegant in their own ways. I believe Ingersoll used to be an American company famous for its one-dollar watches. It is now a HK-based company. The Max Bill, well'nuff said, it's a classic   The Quartz Chronographs Both sentimental watches with great memories associated. Got them when I was 11 and 12 respectively.  Back then the complicated dials on chronographs caught my attention compared to boring, simpler dials. Funny how things have changed.   The Fashion Watches That Fossil is my first watch. Or rather first watch worth keeping. Parents got it for me when I was 9 I believe.  The dial alternates between blue and green so I was definitely the coolest kid on the block. Apparently, this was marketed as a ladies watch. This tiny fucker needs two batteries. Unfortunately something has gone wrong with the quartz movement but I am sourcing a replacement movement for now. Also it was sized when I was 9 so will need extra links to make it wearable. The Hugo Boss has 2 clocks going which is pretty cool. Get lots of compliments for this one. One is set to UK time and the other to where my family is based. Pretty neat.   The Dress Quartz When you want style whilst walking through rough neighbourhoods. Two  quartz but lovely, minimalist watches. One is from the Skagen Ancher series and the other from Shanghai. Bonus points to anyone who can point out the reference number to me. I suspect it's such a simple watch that the brand just did not bother with a reference number for the series.   Post-RWG Watches - April 2018 Here are the watches I've acquired since learning about reps and RWG. There are only 2 reps in the collection for now, that will grow once I get more research done. 10 watches pre-RWG. Now I have 24!   6 more slots left, but I have 2 reps on the way. Any suggestions for the last 4? Even bought a 8 watch travel case too!   The Diver and the Chrono The Oris Divers Sixty-Five, as the name hints, is a diver's watch. But the minimalist design and profile makes it suitable for any occasion. It also has very nice lume and the most comfortable rubber strap in my collection. Found this Tagheuer Monza in the safe. The chronograph function was not working so had to send it off for repair. The mechanical chrono second hand sweep is so hypnotising! For now, this is my first and only mechanical chronograph. It won't remain that way for long. I'm deciding between getting a Daytona or a Speedmaster Moonwatch. First.   The Quartz Perpetual Calendar I love the idea of a mechanical perpetual calendar. But with my budget I decided to go quartz for now. This is a Seiko Age of Discovery watch made to commemorate the 500th anniversary to Columbus discovering America. It has quite a few other functions which are explained in my other thread:   The Soviet Seven My interest in watches also extend the other side of the old Iron Curtain. All acquired from eBay, various sellers, varied prices and quality. Read all about them here:   The Swatch I'm not a fan of Swatch. Not really a fan of the disposable quartz. But make it artsy and collectible, you've reeled me in. The Animal Wheel was made in 1991 to commemorate the 700th anniversary of the formation of the Swiss Confederation. The hour hand is the 'smudge' coming out from the wheel. There is no minute hand so I only wear it on the weekends or holidays, when I don't need to worry about the exact time (the irony). The watch is designed by Swiss artist Not Vital and this is what Swatch had to say about the design: "Wheel Animal (GZ120) emanates from the quiet mind of this mysterious artist, whose serene minimalist design for Swatch is full of space. The piece centres on a corroded-looking, rust-eaten wheel with four spokes whose purpose seems hard to pin down. As the eye comes to rest on the quiet, deep image, grand ideas form in the mind—the history of timekeeping, or navigation by the light and position of stars. There is also something alive and creature-like about the wheel, suggested by the name and its organic quality. Its earthy colours and fragile form remind us that even the most complex machines come from the materials of the natural world."   First Rep The honour of first rep goes to this Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Classic Automatic. Credit goes to Glaude for suggesting this watch to me. This rep is not based off any specific watch. Its watch size, engravings on the back, subdial point to various different watches. Nonetheless, the overall design exudes the feel of a JLC Reverso watch so all is good!   First Moonphase  Rep #2. I'm a big fan of A. Lange & Söhne thus it was only natural I bought one soon after my Reverso. Very beautiful watch with a functioning moonphase (59 toothed I think). Only caveat is the thickness: 13.5mm. More photos and review here: