Enzedel

Where do you tell people you got your Rolex from when it’s a rep?

Hashesonhashes

I tell them it’s fake. People really dont care. 

RUSH2112
11 hours ago, Hashesonhashes said:

I tell them it’s fake. People really dont care. 

The fact that this question comes up only less frequently than who has the best sub and there are people with social media accounts set up for the sole purpose of exposing people with reps makes me think that a lot of people do care.

narikaa
1 hour ago, RUSH2112 said:

The fact that this question comes up only less frequently than who has the best sub and there are people with social media accounts set up for the sole purpose of exposing people with reps makes me think that a lot of people do care.

You need to differentiate between the globally few in number 'Dithering Daphnes' who post this self belittling twaddle

& the world at large

where probably 80/90% of it's inhabitants don't/never have/nor never will, own a watch

& all of the remaining few% statistically speaking who couldn't really give a flying flook about yours

So what you're actually left with are the two known cyber dickheads and their t'internet  exposés (hardly likely to be focusing their attentions on some wilting noob and his "can I carry it off" kettle).

& the residual circle of acquaintances of the 'Dithering Daphne' who he allows to dominate him like the schoolground bullies that took his lunch money before them.

Dan71
An easy answer is to say that it was a present. Eliminates follow up questions like is it real or how much did it cost. 

The best reply imho..

RUSH2112
1 hour ago, narikaa said:

You need to differentiate between the globally few in number 'Dithering Daphnes' who post this self belittling twaddle

& the world at large

where probably 80/90% of it's inhabitants don't/never have/nor never will, own a watch

& all of the remaining few% statistically speaking who couldn't really give a flying flook about yours

So what you're actually left with are the two known cyber dickheads and their t'internet  exposés (hardly likely to be focusing their attentions on some wilting noob and his "can I carry it off" kettle).

& the residual circle of acquaintances of the 'Dithering Daphne' who he allows to dominate him like the schoolground bullies that took his lunch money before them.

Very true

bobandshawn

I tell them I built it!

B

Undinist
4 hours ago, Dan71 said:

The best reply imho..

That just continues the pretence. Why do you want people to believe it's real? 

Dan71
That just continues the pretence. Why do you want people to believe it's real? 

With this reply, you don’t say nothing.. 

Why you have to explain to people with little mind view what is the rep/franken hobby ?

Or worse you want to explain to a police man maybe with civil dress that you have bought a fake? (In Italy you can have serious problem if you meet the wrong police man)

If you go with deeper confidence with the guy you can explain your hobby and where it came from or that you have build it by yourself..

Undinist

Is it illegal to buy a fake in Italy?

narikaa

Yup

But apparently haranguing strangers about their watches isn't

:facepalm:

Undinist

So who are these people who want to unmask the wicked rep wearers? Got any links? 

semperfi55

I know of fake watch busta, google that and you’ll find his Instagram or whatever social media he uses.

Undinist

That was an  eye-opener. I suppose he benefits the rep industry by pushing people to ever higher levels of accuracy.

Mossback

When people ask those kind of questions reply with "why do you ask?".

herdpm

Anyone who knows me is aware that if I'm wearing something expensive it's almost certainly fake.