Ceret

Loose parts on arrival - any ideas?

Ceret

Hi all.

Have had two Breitling reps arrive from Perfect Clones. Both have the Asian 7750 movement.

I will do proper reviews shortly, but  I was wondering if anyone could off the top of their heads identify this noise? It's in the Breitling for Bentley rep that arrived yesterday. Perfect Clones wants me to open the caseback and I'm just waiting on equipment to do that. It keeps time, but obviously something is amiss internally. Any ideas what this might be? I was wondering if anyone had a trained ear for such things.

These weren't cheap reps, and there are significant tells against gen with both - which I will go into in proper reviews. But  I was wondering if anyone knew what was (educated guess) going on here. Thanks!

(as a little bonus this video gives you an idea of the quality of the lume also)

Edited by Ceret

Chixisigma

Hey pal,

You can typically get the caseback off with a ball of sticky tape. There's various threads referencing it. You'll need to remove it to identify the culprit. May be a loose screw. Might even be a noisy rotor??

Chi

McGilli

5 months ago I just rolled up a ball of duct tape (sticky side out) into the size of a golf ball. I still use that same ball anytime I need to open any of my watches. Only cost $0.02 to make too!

GenTLe

It seems noise from a loose rotor touching the caseback.

nunu78

Had the same problem yesterday with my seawolf avenger 2. Opened it up with duct tape ball and find out that rotor was flying around , gave the watch few gentle slaps and got the screw out which was stuck somewhere.

Took me not more then 5 minutes since than watch is working perfectly fine.

Ceret

Thanks very much for the advice everyone. Duct tape ball here I come!

Ceret

Tape ball worked wonders. Managed to open it and it was indeed the sound of the rotor against the caseback. Reason being, the screw to hold the rotor in is missing. I removed the rotor and turned it over with great care to see if I could tap out a loose screw. Nada. The rotor is not a snap-in type I don't think. Most odd. Currently waiting to see what suggestions Perfect Clones has for a fix.

HhMPnQv.jpg

tS0igZB.jpg

Ceret
22 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

You can get a proper sticky ball from eBay for about $1

Worth it’s weight in Gold buddy 

Heres a link cos I’m such a good bloke

https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Watch-Back-Case-Opener-Sticky-Friction-Rolling-Ball-Screw-Repair-Remover-Tool/132264174010?hash=item1ecb8f21ba:g:tigAAOSw4HlZbBL~

Cheers mate! I've had one on order for a week now, so went with the duct tape for a quick fix today. Ball will be handy when it arrives!

Edited by Ceret

Wriggles
33 minutes ago, Ceret said:

Tape ball worked wonders. Managed to open it and it was indeed the sound of the rotor against the caseback. Reason being, the screw to hold the rotor in is missing. I removed the rotor and turned it over with great care to see if I could tap out a loose screw. Nada. The rotor is not a snap-in type I don't think. Most odd. Currently waiting to see what suggestions Perfect Clones has for a fix.

HhMPnQv.jpg

tS0igZB.jpg

You can be sure the little fucker is in there somewhere, just waiting to fuck up your mainspring....

52 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

cos I’m such a good bloke

When the fuck did that happen? Is that even possible? Is it like gender reassignment surgery?

Thommo82
2 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

You can be sure the little fucker is in there somewhere, just waiting to fuck up your mainspring....

When the fuck did that happen? Is that even possible? Is it like gender reassignment surgery?

Don’t stress

Ive had a few drinks now

Back in cunt mode 

Jibuti
1 hour ago, Thommo82 said:

You can get a proper sticky ball from eBay for about $1

Worth it’s weight in Gold buddy 

Heres a link cos I’m such a good bloke

https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Watch-Back-Case-Opener-Sticky-Friction-Rolling-Ball-Screw-Repair-Remover-Tool/132264174010?hash=item1ecb8f21ba:g:tigAAOSw4HlZbBL~

any differences about usage of ball between colours, Thommo...?

Still do not know should I order yellow or blue... And will it work on manual AND auto movement watches...?

decisions, decisions.....

Thommo82
1 hour ago, jibuti said:

any differences about usage of ball between colours, Thommo...?

Still do not know should I order yellow or blue... And will it work on manual AND auto movement watches...?

decisions, decisions.....

Mate.....

Do not buy a blue ball. These are freely available at any strip club.

Yellow balls only 

Jibuti

I see.... yellow balls probably become red when you squeeze them hard.... ;)