Sign in to follow this  
copcop

Problem with 7750 - U-BOAT: Just stop after 3 hours

copcop

Hi Guys,

I am requesting your help. I bought two U-Boat Fligthdeck reps from the same dealer. It was before my involvement with RWG. They have less that 3 months.

They are fantastic. But recently they both stopped. I mean, I wind them about 50 times, and I leave them on a desk. After 3 or 4 hours, they stopped. They were lasting more than 45 hours before. When I am wearing them, I can go for more than a week without winding them.

I have also noted that the clicking sound of the watch was really lower (in sound) than it was before.

Is it something that any of you have seen on Asian 7750 movements before?

I am a little bit worried because I have two of them and it is happening to both. After paying them more than 350 each.

Than in advance guys

copcop.

51x9fyjmOAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

KeNnY

uf winding 50 times the 7750 movement is not good thing to do.

greg_r

Firstly, hand-winding an A7750 is not the best idea. It tends to cause excessive wear to the movement even if you're gentle. Normal movement should be enough to keep them wound while they're being worn...

Hard to diagnose your problem from your description, but it sound like you're going to need to get a watchsmith to take a look...

MikeMcNair

I am 4-6 weeks out but I can take a look for ya.

copcop
Firstly, hand-winding an A7750 is not the best idea. It tends to cause excessive wear to the movement even if you're gentle. Normal movement should be enough to keep them wound while they're being worn...

Hard to diagnose your problem from your description, but it sound like you're going to need to get a watchsmith to take a look...

I was winding that much because It was completely stopped and wouldn't start. But normally , you are right. I usually don't have to wind. Normal movement is enough.

Could it be because they were over wind? Because with a 7750 movement, you can always wind there is no sign that it was winded enough.

copcop.

Thanks, let me know when you are back.

copcop

Bosox

I was winding that much because It was completely stopped and wouldn't start. But normally , you are right. I usually don't have to wind. Normal movement is enough.

Could it be because they were over wind? Because with a 7750 movement, you can always wind there is no sign that it was winded enough.

copcop.

Thanks, let me know when you are back.

copcop

A dealer I trust told me the new 7750s have problems. This might prove him right

taylorwinn16

If your watch is stopped, and it typically takes a lot of winding to get it going again, ( i have a rolex yachtmaster II rep that has the same problem of it being hard to get going from stopped) will it start again on its own after about an hour or wearing with no winding? then set the time

graman

Sounds like the same issue I had with my aquatimer....just stopped dead.

Possibly a defect from a production batch?......not sure, or a complete lack of lubrication...... i'd suggest as the guys have....get a watch maker to have a look.....you might get away with a service, or you may need a whole new movement.