Logixa

Sub modding and bezels

Logixa

Hi guys, im posting this on different forums due to having the most amount of expertise and knowledge available.

Im working on 2 of my subs (sub-c v6s and a no-date v5 noob) but have come upon a couple of problems of which I need advice for. I am a tinkerer with a decent basic amount of knowledge and know how (especially on 2836 and 2824 eta movements).

I started with my no-date v5 by lowering the crystal with a gasket replacement. I bought the 2.50mm gasket from CousinsUK and replaced it with success. At least i thought... After putting the whole back together I saw that there was a big gap between the bezel and the case and the bezel could be pushed down with the finger, only to come back up again. There are now a couple of questions that arise with me and I cant seem to get an answer on them, can anyone maybe answer some of these?

1. I think a new bezel gasket may be needed since i had to remove the bezel to get to the crystal gasket but I cant find any replacement bezel gasket. CousinsUK has 1 with dimension of 0.60mm height x 31mm inner dimension and 32mm outer dimension. Is this the correct size? I saw on ebay a listing of 5 bezel gaskets but have no clue if they will fit a rep.

2. In order to get the assembly correct I have to press down the tension ring between the crystal gasket and the bezel. I have a crystal press for this but not the correct die to use. I can get one from cousinsuk, a Horotec 30/31 mm. Is this the correct die size? I think the tension ring outer dimension is 31.5 mm

3. I noticed that with the 2.50mm gasket, the crystal (with the [ shaped sides) does not fully sit within the gasket. It seems that the upper part of the crystal (the bigger part) is not touching the gasket. Is this normal or is the gasket too low for the crystal?

I havent started on my v6s, but there is an gen xtal coming to me that I bought. I dont want to start on that one until I at least have the no-date good again. What gasket size do you recommend for me to use on the gen xtal and the v6s?