redmack

First Gen

redmack

This was my first ever Gen watch ( luxury brand) i ever bought, purchased from the Tag shop at cheshire oaks north west, were they sell discontinued or old watch models. got a really good deal on it at the time many moons ago. £1280 cash, its the 500m Aquaracer calibre 5 model with the display back. just love chunky divers

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

EBB

was it on sale because they put the cyclops on the wrong side?! 

redmack

In there day these were going for well over 2k, in shop price was £1400, did the haggling and got it down to £1280 violins and all.

Not a Tag expert but the cyclops must have been at 9 on these particular models

EBB
15 minutes ago, redmack said:

In there day these were going for well over 2k, in shop price was £1400, did the haggling and got it down to £1280 violins and all.

Not a Tag expert but the cyclops must have been at 9 on these particular models

the watch itself looks great, but that cyclops on the left is an eye sore, I guess you could get used to it.

redmack

Yes you do mate, its just never bothered me and to be honest I've never thought about it till you've just mentioned it LOL. its was just that model at the time WAJ2111 that Tag were putting out, its got a lovely presence on the wrist  though i love it.

Wriggles
1 minute ago, redmack said:

Yes you do mate, its just never bothered me and to be honest I've never thought about it till you've just mentioned it LOL. its was just that model at the time WAJ2111 that Tag were putting out, its got a lovely presence on the wrist  though i love it.

The cyclops and date was on the left on the earlier model aquaracers of which yours is one. Newer models went back to the 'normal' convention of date on the right

redmack

Cheers Wriggles for clearing that up mate, much appreciated,  but does that mean that mine is prehistoric and has gone up in value (not) LOL :thumbsup:

EBB
26 minutes ago, redmack said:

that's important, as long as you like it, because after looking at for a little bit, it' unique having on the left side,  and nice for a change. 

VMSG

Great watch man! congratulation on your first gen,

redmack

I like that word ( unique ) EBB, it says to me (hard to get, very few around,rare and EXPENSIVE ! )hahahaha  LOL the price dropped like a lead balloon within weeks of me walking out of the shop, but your right mate as long as you like something thats the most important thing and its sentimental value as well for personal reasons, and it was the first time i had the bottle to spend so much on a Gen watch at the time.

Wriggles
41 minutes ago, redmack said:

Cheers Wriggles for clearing that up mate, much appreciated,  but does that mean that mine is prehistoric and has gone up in value (not) LOL :thumbsup:

Dinosaurs didn't need to tell the time, it was either time to be eaten, or time to eat. Plus T-Rex had really small wrists

redmack

Classic nice one mate :D

NFleischer

Very nice mate, those reps in the day were quite good as well- real SW movements.

paccbet

That date doesn’t bother me too. The new Omega SMP300 is doing the same thing with their date too, from 3 o clock to 6. Nice one mate! 

redmack

Thanks guys much appreciated for your kind words