Slink73

What's in the box - a promise that this not some tedious unboxing (my lesson was learnt) PICTURE HEAVY

Slink73

So my wife treated me to a quite exceptional and what I truly believe is a unique and special thing. She won't say how much it cost but knowing where she bought it and the finish is so good I reckon its possibly gen money....

IMG_5886.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg

it is a highly polished ebony box with the most detailed dragon inlayed with mother of pearl, bone and I am assured NO ivory...

And inside?

IMG_5889.jpg

And here in lies the problem. It holds six watches. And this is what I have promised myself I will now stick to. I have a gen rollie on order (tbc) but in effect, I am left with two spare slots and one on the wrist.

So bar some canal st. omega's and the DSSD in the shot what do I pass on through M2M and what should I maybe buy?

IMG_5888.jpg

Apologies for the piss poor photography, thumbprints, my ageing greying pubes and all the other detritus in the shots...

IMG_5893.jpg

The Tudor has been a loyal friend and my daily beater, the milsub is an unloved amazing watch, modded to the hilt and the PAM is just lovely...

This is not about who has the best sub I am genuinely at a loss and love the challenge I have set myself... bronzo  PAM, Daytona  (been suggested and quite taken), go Franken  (bit pissed with that) but I have now given myself an itch to scratch but no space for a tickle stick!

Going on your fabulous opinions some of these will be on M2M very soon! THE GENS IN THE BOX ARE STAYING :D

Edited by Slink73
spelling!!!

Thommo82

Keep your favourites in that wonderful, dragon guarded box and get a 20 slot cheapie box for the rest ;)

GingerApple
18 minutes ago, Slink73 said:

THE GENS IN THE BOX ARE STAYING :D

Even the Oris......:sad:

mr.tourette

dibs on the Zenith :bananarider:

Box looks fab by the way :thumbsup2:

Xpletiv

G, what's wrong with the Oris?! ya little........

It's got a good shape just a tad difficult to see the dial, but it's different. 

What about laying the not-so-loved ones underneath the 6, if the section lifts out?

Slink73
1 hour ago, Gingerbubba said:

Even the Oris......:sad:

I presume you're gutted I am not selling it? It's a Miles Davis Tonneau Chronograph limited run with silver face (much nicer than the black) - it's about 15 years old and still keeps time brilliantly (serviced once in that time). Admittedly weighs as much as a baby rhino but it's pretty different to all the stuff you see today...

Slink73
1 hour ago, mr.tourette said:

dibs on the Zenith :bananarider:

Box looks fab by the way :thumbsup2:

See the Zenith is in the mix to go. I love it, then I hate it. I have bought some very expensive straps for it and it does grab the eye but would I be happier with an IWC Spitfire?

64_IWC_IW500917_Big_Pilot_s_Watch_Spitfi

Slink73
1 hour ago, Xpletiv said:

What about laying the not-so-loved ones underneath the 6, if the section lifts out?

the section does lift out but I'd know there were monsters lurking in the depths - and tbh I am not attached to the Milsub (great vintage modded watch) and I am thinking maybe replace the Pelagos too. Using the funds from those sales to go buy a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (does anyone know why they're such freaking expensive reps?)

Hiding them won't help me buy replacements :D

Slink73
1 hour ago, Thommo82 said:

Keep your favourites in that wonderful, dragon guarded box and get a 20 slot cheapie box for the rest ;)

I haven't posted the picture of my cheapie box, that has my throwback fashion watches and a personal favourite, a 36mm Ellesse sports watch that the girlfriend at the time bought me thinking it was awesome...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9y_PRoJLegYnSbXFUIZ5

It's a ladies watch!

Mr Stubbs
19 minutes ago, Slink73 said:

I haven't posted the picture of my cheapie box, that has my throwback fashion watches and a personal favourite, a 36mm Ellesse sports watch that the girlfriend at the time bought me thinking it was awesome...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9y_PRoJLegYnSbXFUIZ5

It's a ladies watch!

It is kind of awesome. ;)

Slink73
11 minutes ago, Mr Stubbs said:

It is kind of awesome. ;)

I still have it... because it is awesome ...

Slink73

So I am thinking of M2M'ing the Milsub, The Pelagos, the PAM 127 (not in the pics) and... possibly one more...

But what do I replace them with AP Roo (my junior would love that), IWC or something a little leftfield...