Franksie

Watch timer analysis apps

Franksie

My omega 7750 is gaining a minute or so every few days are these apps any good and any advice re adjustment or is this acceptable 

John45

There's an iOS app called Lepsi which checks to see if you watch is magnetized.  That may well be your problem.

Edited by John45
Spelling

Glaude

Gaining time is sometimes an indicator of a magnetised watch, invest in a cheap demagnitiser like that : 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Watch-Repair-Screwdriver-Tweezers-Electrical-Demagnetise-Demagnetizer-Tools-Blue/282624725247?hash=item41cdbf10ff:m:mcyI6foeJEkCjZrY4lbzuTA

Apps on phones are fairly reliable and can give you a good idea of the regulation of your watch.
Apps that check magnetic fields are very reliable to tell you if your watch is magnetised or not, you just have to find where the sensor is located on your phone (do some testing with a small known magnetised object, do not use a magnet as it is too strong to see where the sensor is)

Pseudorep

I use hairspring with good success. However, gaining a minute every few days is pretty well regulated ~12s/day is within specs for a standard finished eta.

VMSG
21 hours ago, Glaude said:

Gaining time is sometimes an indicator of a magnetised watch, invest in a cheap demagnitiser like that : 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Watch-Repair-Screwdriver-Tweezers-Electrical-Demagnetise-Demagnetizer-Tools-Blue/282624725247?hash=item41cdbf10ff:m:mcyI6foeJEkCjZrY4lbzuTA

Apps on phones are fairly reliable and can give you a good idea of the regulation of your watch.
Apps that check magnetic fields are very reliable to tell you if your watch is magnetised or not, you just have to find where the sensor is located on your phone (do some testing with a small known magnetised object, do not use a magnet as it is too strong to see where the sensor is)

giphy.gif

aitcharGMT

Those machines work wonders! I have a Tissot that was fast 45s a day, got one of those and now it's 2s fast! (Yes, I stopped leaving my watches next to my night table speakers! :D)