VMSG

How to replace hands on A79350?

Luxuracer
3 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Ok, so:

Wow ... What a detail instructional description that give a clear picture of what involved in removing the hands on an A7750. :clap:

But .... this won't stop @VMSG ... Next question will be ... Can I take out the movement to clean the hands, without removing the crown? .... :rofl:

VMSG
8 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Wow ... What a detail instructional description that give a clear picture of what involved in removing the hands on an A7750. :clap:

But .... this won't stop @VMSG ... Next question will be ... Can I take out the movement to clean the hands, without removing the crown? .... :rofl:

:)

I'm a total noob and I know that - I ask questions to improve my knowledge. Before @GenTLe informative answer (thank you again) I've read a dozen posts and seen several videos about the 7750 and understand less than I understand from his post (it looks so easy on youtube). so... the only way to learn is to ask the experts.

Mary Watch

my advice to u is not changing the hand set, just rep.  anyway, that flaw  u found is not evident.  

J!m

Here-

You only need to clean the hands, not replace them. Purchase the following:

Dial protection sheet and Rodico.

(you also need whatever you don't have to uncase the movement, which includes skill and patience)

Slide the dial sheet under each hand and GENTLY wipe the hand from center to edge with the rodico. Repeat for each hand. Whatever doesn't come off then, is not coming off. Put it back together and enjoy, or sell it MTM.

If you (try) to remove the hands, know that you will in all probability put them on incorrectly (assuming they come off in one piece). You need a PROPER movement holder, to support the sub dial pinions during hand assembly. The auto-wind bridge needs to be removed to facilitate this. You also need to be certain the pinions are resting at exact "zero" when you install the hands. Oh, and being a rep, chances are good one or more will be glued on, so the movement may be destroyed taking the glued hand off the pinion.

So, either live with it, or try to clean them (knowing you may destroy the watch trying). Do nothing else.

Luxuracer

@VMSG read all the comments, suggestions, and instructions ... twice. They all point to one solution;

SEND YOUR WATCH TO ME.

VMSG

Hands replaced today and the watch looks amazing!

WI9q9mt.jpg

Thank you, everyone, for caring and for all the advice.

ZF did such a great job on this watch, and @Mary Watch did such a great job sourcing and delivering it to me that I could not let this flaw ruin the experience.

The watch is now flawless and looks amazing (and also keeps time very accurate).

And thanks again to @Mary Watch for the care and replacement hands, you are the best TD!

J!m

Glad you are sorted out.

And another plug for Mary; she is tolerating my "attention to detail" during a transaction and never lets it get her down!

greg_r

Nicely done :)

Leslie

Very happy this problem is finally solved. Also I am glad I learned much from you guys. Thanks!