Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

TAG Calibre 1.

Luthier

Ordered Tag Carrera Calibre 1 5 days ago, and now...

Label/Receipt Number: EB07 7964 XXXC N

Your item cleared United States Customs at 6:44 PM on May 2, 2009.

I love US Customs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::):)

I guess I'll get it tomorrow...Stay tuned!

trailboss99

Waiting . . . .

Should be nice.

Col.

Luthier

As expected, the Watch arrived today. Well packed, as usually.

Gosh, what's a beauty!!! I'm glad I didn't ordered blue dial, because black one looks very blue, thanks to fantastic double AR.

Crown works very smoothly, buckle is great, watch looks very elegant, and I'm very pleased. Knowing my hate to rubber of any kind, my sweet girl added crocko leather TAG strap... for free. Nice touch, isn't? And yes, I also got 2 Vuitton crowns for that guy in Western Union. For free, ofcourse.

OK, bros, enjoy the pictures!

01-7.jpg

02-9.jpg

03-8.jpg

04-7.jpg

05-8.jpg

06-7.jpg

07-7.jpg

08-5.jpg

jameo210369

enjoy her Luthier, she looks stunning on the wrist; very elegant and great pics. Thanks for sharing

oscarmadfish

very nice indeed

AllergyDoc

I liked that watch the day it was released! That and the Aquaracer are the only two TAGs I like.

How many are you up now? 20? Decisions, decisions...

Luthier
I liked that watch the day it was released! That and the Aquaracer are the only two TAGs I like.

How many are you up now? 20? Decisions, decisions...

I have about 10-12 very good replicas with good movements - ETA, Unitas, etc. And about 35-40 with 21J, and 4-5 quartzes. My goal is 100 best replicas.

trailboss99

dude that is one hell of a nice watch! I realy like that. i can not understand why Tag get such a hard time from rep collectors as a lot of Tags are real nice indeed. None much nicer than this one tho. How much? Not thaty I can afford anything ATM but it's nice to dream :o

Hope tha guy at WU apreciats his new crown! Somehow I think your service there will be very good indeed from then on.

Col.

Luthier
dude that is one hell of a nice watch! I realy like that. i can not understand why Tag get such a hard time from rep collectors as a lot of Tags are real nice indeed. None much nicer than this one tho. How much? Not thaty I can afford anything ATM but it's nice to dream :o

Hope tha guy at WU apreciats his new crown! Somehow I think your service there will be very good indeed from then on.

Col.

I paid $140, and I'm very happy with price and service. Yes, it's gorgeous watch, thanks! Glad you like it.

trailboss99
I paid $140, and I'm very happy with price and service.

I should hope so! That's a lot of watch for the money.

You lot out there who can actualy afford watches ATM could do yourselvs a lot worse than giving Luthier's girls a go. Especialy if you have any unusual requests. You have peeps here who can build you exactly what you want and will do so for a very reasonable price. DDs and DJs are a good example.

The selection of dials they have access to is basicly the same as the gen selection. In other words, hundreds. Mary tells me she can source gen 7750 to use in your rep if you're prepared to pay for it. I have no doubt she can and indeed that you would get what you pay for. Why, 'cause she knows that Luthier, myself and you lot can spot a clone 7750 when we see it and is far too smart to crap in her own backyard. She certainly doesn't need the biz from these forums but it's a nice little sideline and possibily a door to the whole rep world. Why crap on that?

Basicly what I am saying is the're good, the're cheap and you can trust them so do yourself a favor and give the lassies a go. Once we have a few more good reports from various peeps we can begin to consider them for the dealers list. Unless you guys are willing to give new people a go we won't get new dealers and the old get fat and lazy without competition. The best service you are going to get is from the smaller, more personal dealers. Our much loved T4D is a good example. No one puts more effort into being available to the members of the various fora than he. He is small enough to have the time to do so and is allmost as entertaining as TTK without the bite :o

WBK is another example. Been around for ever, nice guy, accessible and a darn good dealer. I'm glad our dealers list is short and to the point 'cause as small as it is there is realy no reason to go outside of it with the excption of small dealers not yet considered for listing. We can't ignore them, without new blood our dealer pool will stagnate and that's bad, Mmm-kay?

Col.

AllergyDoc

Nobody get's Luthier's deal, though. He's got some power over those Asian women!

I'm all for trying out new dealers, too. I'm done with Tony of asian7750.com, though.

greg_r

@ Luthier. Damned nice Tag you got there. I've looked at that one myself a couple of times. I'd be tempted if I could tear myself away from Panerai :o

@Col. Absolutely. Although I've not yet bought from her myself, it seems to me that Mary is more reliable than quite a few of the recommended dealers on other forums. I hope that as she gets her business more established she can offer alternative payment methods and, preferably, a web site or at least a photobucket site, so people can see what they're getting. At that point I would seriously consider adding her to the official trusted dealer list here.

Meantime, I'll be interested in reading reports from anybody that does business with her.

Luthier

WOW!!!!!!!!

What's an essay, Col!!!

And you are right. Practically all dealers do wholesale, and don't need customers from Forums.

My girl recently told me - she ships 6 watches per day every day only to mid eastern dealers, not counting USA dealers, who buy much, much more, and japanese dealers, and european dealers, etc, etc. Literally- thousands watches per month. Just she's from that rare breed, that love to do nice things to people. And she is good in it. She loves watches. Yes, she can find Swiss Valjoux 7750, no problem. Even movement alone, not just a replica with real 7750. No problem

And yes, I think some of us can try her once-twice, write reviews, and... maybe one day she will be one of our beloved dealers. How many good dealers do we have? 4-5, right? I remember when I joined our replica forces, the list of trusted dealers was like... 10-15, and what now? We definitely need new blood.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT SHILL FOR ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o:):D

Luthier
@ Luthier. Damned nice Tag you got there. I've looked at that one myself a couple of times. I'd be tempted if I could tear myself away from Panerai :o

@Col. Absolutely. Although I've not yet bought from her myself, it seems to me that Mary is more reliable than quite a few of the recommended dealers on other forums. I hope that as she gets her business more established she can offer alternative payment methods and, preferably, a web site or at least a photobucket site, so people can see what they're getting. At that point I would seriously consider adding her to the official trusted dealer list here.

Meantime, I'll be interested in reading reports from anybody that does business with her.

Greg, as I said before- she accept PayPal already, and working on credit card payments possibility.

greg_r
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT SHILL FOR ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:cry::cry:

:o

Not even if we ask nicely? :cry:

One of the reasons our Trusted Dealer list is so small is that we're being REALLY picky. There are quite a few dealers that are recommended at other forums whom I really wouldn't consider buying from at any cost - and several others whom I would be a little cautious about doing business with.

It seems to me that as we do not have a dealer section, we can afford to be really choosy about who we recommend. They need to be dealers that are not only easy to buy from, but get pretty much everything right. To that end, I keep a very careful eye on how these dealers are performing elsewhere. If there are a lot of problems, they get removed from our list (Eurotimez is a recent casualty - if and when Chris' after-sales service starts to improve again, I'll put him back on there).

I agree - we need new blood as older dealers fall by the wayside. Ruby can no longer be recommended. Paul and Silix lost the plot some time ago. Others have either disappeared or just aren't giving the level of service that I think we should be getting.

As I said in my earlier post, Mary is definitely a possible future addition. Thanks for reminding me about paypal - I'd forgotten she'd started offering that. Col and I will continue to discuss this, so keep the reports coming in, folks!

By the way, Luthier. Would appreciate it if you would let me know her details again, as I seem to have mislaid them - either PM or post it here on the board, whichever you prefer.

Luthier

:D:cry::cry:

:o

Not even if we ask nicely? :cry:

By the way, Luthier. Would appreciate it if you would let me know her details again, as I seem to have mislaid them - either PM or post it here on the board, whichever you prefer.

With all my pleasure!

Just don't forget to tell her - you are guys from Forum, then prices will be better.

:cry:

Here's Mary's direct email:

[email protected]

greg_r

Great, thanks :o

Do let us know if she gets a web site or photobucket album organised. Ta.

oscarmadfish

i think when the website appears and the CC option appears we will indeed have a new dealer :o

bene3

that is a beautifu watch Luthier.

The rubber strap looks good on the watch.

trailboss99

So if you're currently buying how about giving one of the newer dealers a go? Then remember to tell us about it afterwards. She won't be perfect, mistakes will be made and the odd dead watch will turn up. This happens with any dealer weather a rep dealer in GZ or your local Radio Shack. The mark of a truly great dealer is not how smoothly things go but how they react when things go wrong. Mary, by all acounts is one who likes her good name and fixes any problems, usualy with a little extra to say sorry. Let's see if it stays that way.

Luthier: I know you don't mate. That's why I said it for you :)

Col.

Luthier
So if you're currently buying how about giving one of the newer dealers a go? Then remember to tell us about it afterwards. She won't be perfect, mistakes will be made and the odd dead watch will turn up. This happens with any dealer weather a rep dealer in GZ or your local Radio Shack. The mark of a truly great dealer is not how smoothly things go but how they react when things go wrong. Mary, by all acounts is one who likes her good name and fixes any problems, usualy with a little extra to say sorry. Let's see if it stays that way.

Luthier: I know you don't mate. That's why I said it for you :)

Col.

Col., I do mate. Especially with beautiful and young Asian females.

:rofl::):D

But you're right, as usually. Nobody's perfect. All I know is - she definitely trying her best, and she works hard, and learned a lot. Just recently she asked me for all technical information on all ETA movements I have, just to know all the details of what she sells. How about it, huh?

@Doc - you definitely will not get my price, but any Forum member will get the price very close to mine, maybe $10-$20 more (girl need to eat something, right?), and it's a good saving anyway. If you pay, for example, $250 for the watch from another dealer - she'll ask, let's say $210. Something like that. Usual price for my TAG is $178, I paid $140, you'll pay $155. Not bad anyway, right? With more expensive reps saving will be even better.

But most important is service, communication and possibilities.

AllergyDoc
Nobody's perfect.

Says who? :rofl:

Check with my wife next time you're tempted to make such an absurd statement. :)

Luthier
Nobody's perfect.

Says who? :boxing:

Check with my wife next time you're tempted to make such an absurd statement. :Whistle:

Send her to me for closer interrogation. Waterboarding in my jaccuzi guaranteed. So, I'll get the truth.

:D

onzenuub
Nobody's perfect.

Says who? :boxing:

Check with my wife next time you're tempted to make such an absurd statement. :Whistle:

Send her to me for closer interrogation. Waterboarding in my jaccuzi guaranteed. So, I'll get the truth.

:D

You dont do waterboarding with women, jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. Send her to me, I'll get the truth

trailboss99
Send her to me, I'll get the truth.

And the truth will set you free.

Col.