McGilli

McGILLI'S WATCH COLLECTION 2018

McGilli

MCGILLI’S WATCH COLLECTION 2018

This isn’t all of my watches - but - just the ones I consider wearing. I have 3 watch boxes: 

A Group of which one is worn almost every single day. 

B Group which some see some action on occasion

C Group are Invicta which I wear one on occasion, and my father’s Gucci he passed down to me many years ago.

A GROUP - There are always 9 watches in this group as every day one of them is on my wrist leaving the 8 slots full at all times.

30auety.jpg

CARNIVAL TRITIUM : My favourite watch for night time - I always wear a tritium watch every night - as well as out sometimes I think it’s just a classy, smart looking watch.

104l20w.jpg

PANERAI 177: The first watch I ordered after joining RWG. I love the manual wind, and the easy to read display. The snakeskin strap totally works for me.

ixgn61.jpg

FRANCK MUELLER CRAZY HOURS: I won  this from Mary, and this is my go to watch when I go out for a night to the theatre productions. I just love it, as the more artsy people there totally fall in love with it when I show it to them. This is the watch - I actually go out of my way to introduce to people. 

105qsjr.jpg

SEIKO SNP059: With a sexy comfortable 24mm bracelet and fantastic colours, I wear this often when I actually don’t mind calling attention to my watch.

281fmvq.jpg

ROLEX DEEP SEA SEADWELLER: My best quality ‘cheap’ watch. Fits right in with my higher end Rolex watches. It’s heavy and I put this on when I just want to feel that weight on my arm, which happens frequently.

acs9w0.jpg

ROLEX SEADWELLER VRF: Lately this is my go to watch. Perfect in between weight. Love the looks, the lume is great and just feels solid.

nb7ybs.jpg

ROLEX SUBMARINER VRF MAX: This was sent to me by mistake. Glad it was. It’s a little light for me these days, but I have been wearing this more and more, mixing it up with its bigger brother.

2uqd638.jpg

ROLEX EXPLORER II: This was the second watch I ever ordered when on RWG. Up until this watch - I hated Rolex. Never wanted one. This was my gateway to them and is very special to me, and sexy IMO.

334lmok.jpg

CARNIVAL TRITIUM: Another Carnival, which I wear every night at bedtime. I just pick either the silver or black, doesn’t matter to me. Easily the watches that impress me the most for what I paid for them.

6oehw7.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I've posted this as I truly have stopped collection new watches for the next foreseeable future....

Luxuracer

So ... You hated Rolex ... huh ... and you have 5 Rolex ... more than any other watches :rofl:

Nice collection ... Just don't stop there ... First, buy or build a watch box (50-slot should do) .... Then fill it up.

Now ... You made me want to do my collection.

Glaude
30 minutes ago, McGilli said:

I truly have stopped collection new watches for the next foreseeable future....

:TalkingEarOff:

I don't believe you !

Nice post but throw this yellow monstrosity watch boxes in the trash would you ;) 

EBB

maybe you might like the brietling blackbird 44, reminds me of you explorer ii

13532097783_28aee85c15_z.jpg

stfrance

Wow.. the wooden Pam looks interesting.. I've never seen wooden one so far..

It is awesome..:thumbsup2:

Chixisigma

@EBB that the 48? I think you may be right...

20180518_170439.jpg

WatchDog21

Looks great,  nice selection.  

tumblr_oxb9r2Zmw11ultjoto1_r2_500.gif

Luxuracer

Since Teeny @EBB show off his Breitling .... I also think you need something to bright up your watch box.

IMG_20180518_133229.jpg

IMG_20180518_133330.jpg

IMG_20180518_133530.jpg

Glaude

I prefer mine :

vJtuP9E.jpg

EBB

no no, I don't own that one, I've just seen it, thought op might just like it

Sirob
4 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

So ... You hated Rolex ... huh ... and you have 5 Rolex ... more than any other watches :rofl:

Nice collection ... Just don't stop there ... First, buy or build a watch box (50-slot should do) .... Then fill it up.

@Luxuracer  Yea man! Post your collection. 

McGilli
5 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

I know! I do like them now - and I enjoy the ones I have. But I remember being a young boy, back when ladies never, ever shaved their pubic hair and reading my dad's Playboy magazines in the 70's and there would be Rolex ads in them and I thought they were hideous. But all that bush was sweet.

5 hours ago, Glaude said:

:TalkingEarOff:

I don't believe you !

Nice post but throw this yellow monstrosity watch boxes in the trash would you ;) 

This time.... It's true.... Yeah I can't spare the $ any more for some time. But it's all part of the plan. I'm lucky where I live, and I think I'm going to sell some property soon and retire, then travel the world with my daughter. And buy a few more watches then. And, take you up on that beer in Quebec. I mean France. Or, did I say I would buy the drinks over there?

Hey - just cuz I'm not buying anymore watches - it doesn't mean I can't do a nice review of my fabulous watch boxes... Great idea!

4 hours ago, stfrance said:

Wow.. the wooden Pam looks interesting.. I've never seen wooden one so far..

It is awesome..:thumbsup2:

Check out the review I did for it - the link is in my signature. It's the $5000 one.... Great stuff! Totally worth it!

Thanks everyone else. 

semperfi55

Goddamn can't believe I missed this thread!

Beautiful collection.

On 5/19/2018 at 00:56, McGilli said:

but - just the ones I consider wearing

But, but why would you buy watches and not consider wearing them?

McGilli
2 hours ago, semperfi55 said:

But, but why would you buy watches and not consider wearing them?

Change of taste... Did you ever see the movie with Will Ferrel Stranger Than Fiction?

If you have - then you remember that a Timex watch played an important part in the movie - and so I bought it right after seeing it. And then realized that the one for the movie was obviously programmed differently cuz the real one didn't do all those cool things ahaha! So I never wore it after that.

http://adage.com/article/madisonvine-news/timex-starring-role-stranger-fiction/113040/

Then - many of my older ones - I apparently liked small watches cuz they are really small.

Etc.... Just old stuff.... Like old jewelry I've not worn in 30 years etc...