frankfrank

Split Seconds Build help

frankfrank

Hello Gents, 

I'm looking for a little help sourcing a few parts on this build and also about the movement. 

I have a dial maker but have been unable to find:
- 44mm single pusher case set ( ive contacted a few vendors and still waiting to hear back from phong and MQ)
- Hands
- movement (questions)

Movement:
- I have heard a 7753 clone will work. 
- will sub-dials line up correctly with either of these movements in a 44mm case?
- do i need a special movement for a 24 hour dial or am i able to have one of the above movements modified to keep the correct time on that dial?

Thank you in advance 

Logan

Dendo

Lovely watch - why rebuild the dial - it looks great

I have a replica panerai rattrapante - so clone movements exist. I am not sure about what it is a clone of - 7753 possibly.  Works perfectly and I have had it a year.  Not many were made - so PM me if you want pics and measurements etc.

Getting subdials to line up is always a hit or miss (to state the obvious).

Pushers - is there an extra pusher on the crown - coz my rattrapante has three chrono/rattra pushers in addition to the crown.  How would it work with the minimal pushers on your watch?

Looks great though - and from the pics looks like the movement is running.

Dendo

Maybe a 7750 or 7753 clone - here is the link

frankfrank
1 hour ago, Dendo said:

Lovely watch - why rebuild the dial - it looks great

I have a replica panerai rattrapante - so clone movements exist. I am not sure about what it is a clone of - 7753 possibly.  Works perfectly and I have had it a year.  Not many were made - so PM me if you want pics and measurements etc.

Getting subdials to line up is always a hit or miss (to state the obvious).

Pushers - is there an extra pusher on the crown - coz my rattrapante has three chrono/rattra pushers in addition to the crown.  How would it work with the minimal pushers on your watch?

Looks great though - and from the pics looks like the movement is running.

not rebuilding dial, building it from scratch. these pics are just reference for the build.

i'll look more into the 7753 

thank for the link!

Glaude

That's a beautiful but probably hard project ! 

Maybe @GenTLe can give you more info about your needs :) 

GenTLe

I'd not try: 1st that watch is a manual winding column wheel crono from the 'forties (1940), so a 7753 will be way too thick. Second the pushers are at 2 and hidden coaxial to the crown (and you can't really do this, unless you take the movement from a rep Graham). Finally who knows if the hands pinion will be comparable with the Valjoux 55 gen movement.

If ever I'd rather go for a SeaGull ST19 http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Seagull_ST19

But, in the end, I don't see the point of investing too much time and money in such a difficult creation... 

frankfrank
On 5/21/2018 at 17:56, GenTLe said:

I'd not try: 1st that watch is a manual winding column wheel crono from the 'forties (1940), so a 7753 will be way too thick. Second the pushers are at 2 and hidden coaxial to the crown (and you can't really do this, unless you take the movement from a rep Graham). Finally who knows if the hands pinion will be comparable with the Valjoux 55 gen movement.

If ever I'd rather go for a SeaGull ST19 http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Seagull_ST19

But, in the end, I don't see the point of investing too much time and money in such a difficult creation... 

Thank you for this info, just seeing this now...

Does the SeaGull have a model with a 24hour hand or GMT hand? I see there s a model with 24h-hand at 6h on this link but with this dial i need a 24hr option

Thanks for your help @GenTLe

GenTLe
1 hour ago, frankfrank said:

Thank you for this info, just seeing this now...

Does the SeaGull have a model with a 24hour hand or GMT hand? I see there s a model with 24h-hand at 6h on this link but with this dial i need a 24hr option

Thanks for your help @GenTLe

Don't think so: http://chinesewatchwiki.net/Tianjin_Seagull#Current

frankfrank
On 15/06/2018 at 17:07, GenTLe said:

just to confirm, this should work yes? http://www.mywatchcode.com/sea-gull-2557-automatic-mechanical-movement-gmt-date-function-movement-m8_p2839.html

Then I can keep the 24hr dial and us the GMT hand for it, and have a working sub at 9 but faux at 3 which im ok with. 

GenTLe

I've no idea mate :) You should look into the tech pages of the seagull and check the placement of the pinions to see if they fit the dial. But then you don't know if the height of the winding stem will be ok and you'll have to check if it fits the case and, if so, you'll have to build a movement ring... So it's not the best option in my view...

frankfrank
43 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

I've no idea mate :) You should look into the tech pages of the seagull and check the placement of the pinions to see if they fit the dial. But then you don't know if the height of the winding stem will be ok and you'll have to check if it fits the case and, if so, you'll have to build a movement ring... So it's not the best option in my view...

thanks again, ill sort it out.. .;)

Logixa

Yeah I agree with @GenTLe this is a hard project and if I was you I wouldn't start it at all 

GenTLe
13 minutes ago, Logixa said:

Yeah I agree with @GenTLe this is a hard project and if I was you I wouldn't start it at all 

Yep, I think the same actually...

frankfrank

I couldn’t let it go...

76-D8-B5-BF-1903-484-A-9-EAF-FD89-AD1740