Xpletiv

Looks like more than just the 4.

semperfi55
2 hours ago, Xpletiv said:

Looks like more than just the 4.

Yup the 2,3 and 4 are not aligned with the 8, 9, 10

VMSG
16 hours ago, tripdog123 said:

Dial (whole movement) is rotated about 1 minute clockwise, and  that's a pressure fit case back.

Yes, thank you! it took me weeks to found out how to open the case :)

semperfi55
17 hours ago, tripdog123 said:

Dial (whole movement) is rotated about 1 minute clockwise, and  that's a pressure fit case back.

+1 Thanks too! Now I just need to find out more about this. Does it mean it's one of those snap off case backs? But you need a presser thing to put it back together? I've got one of those coming in early July....

VMSG
16 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

+1 Thanks too! Now I just need to find out more about this. Does it mean it's one of those snap off case backs? But you need a presser thing to put it back together? I've got one of those coming in early July....

You need to put pressure to open the case, you can use anything that creates leverage like a caseback knife (not a shape one) or a screwdriver. I suggest to cover it with something to prevent scratches.

Once i had the confidence that this is the case I open it with no time and it was simple and easy. 

tripdog123
On 25/05/2018 at 15:40, semperfi55 said:

As said above, you need to lever it off with a knife or something similar, there is usually a little groove/bevel somewhere on the case back, just enough to allow you to slide a knife under and get leverage.

Leslie

So, is this Breguet 5177 with a snap-on caseback?

Or, it is a front/toploader?

Ok, I had found out it has both front and back covers!

Edited by Leslie

Philiusmaximus

Fascinating fact for you all. Most watches and clocks show 4 as IIII and not IV.

One of the very few exceptions are the clock faces in Elizabeth Tower, London.

There's a reason for this but I'll let anyone interested do some research rather than bore the tits of those who don't care :D

• Like 2