Hi Everyone, I was recently asked by a friend if I could replace a battery in his wifes watch, and also re-stick an index on the outside of the face. No Problem said I.  Mistake 1 was when I started to do this watch after doing a 12 hr night shift, I was eager to find the size of the battery and order a spare. I removed the movement and decided to re-attach the index at the same time. Mistake 2 was deciding to use a drop of clear varnish to stick the index to the watch face. The varnish re-acted with the face, and fine blisters appeared Mistake 3 was deciding to try to wipe off the varnish, rather than letting it dry I'll let the result speak for itself!       As you can see I've made a real pigs ear of this. What I need to know is if there's anyone on this site who can repair watch faces? I need to try to get it repaired as the watch has sentimental value. I am, of course, replacing the watch also, but I probably will not be able to find the same model / colour combination. Any help or suggestions (keep them polite please) will be gratefully received.