HeftyJohnson

GMF - Who are they?

HeftyJohnson

So,

I was browsing Perfect Clones lastest additions to their catalogue when I stumbled across this:

https://www.pf-828.com/0-0-0-0-rlgs00903a-gmf-904l-steel-2018-gmt-116710blro-pepsi-ss-ss-black-a-2836.html

A Pepsi GMT is rare, but one in 904L steel, ceramic bezel and the jubilee strap?! Sounds too good to be true.

I know Sky-F did one almost right after bazelworld 2018, but Sky-F have a track record of making cheap and low quality reps.

So that leads me into my big question; Who are GMF? And why haven’t I heard of them before?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Nikosaldente

It looks nice but has the wrong Clasp :wounded1:

HeftyJohnson

Wrong clasp? How so? I thought that is a standard clasp across nearly all new Rolex tool watches bar the seadweller and deep sea?

HorFan

Hmmm, the listing is odd, describes clone Rolex movement while the pics clearly show clone eta.

GingerApple
34 minutes ago, Nikosaldente said:

It looks nice but has the wrong Clasp :wounded1:

Sure? It looks the same to me (though admittedly I'm hopeless at comparing watches). Look at 1m24s onwards. What's wrong about it?

Nikosaldente
38 minutes ago, HeftyJohnson said:

Wrong clasp? How so? I thought that is a standard clasp across nearly all new Rolex tool watches bar the seadweller and deep sea?

4 minutes ago, Gingerbubba said:

Sure? It looks the same to me (though admittedly I'm hopeless at comparing watches). Look at 1m24s onwards. What's wrong about it?

My bad, I stand corrected!

I got it mixed up with the DateJust's Basel 2018 Oyster Clasp :fearlessleader:

30 minutes ago, HorFan said:

Hmmm, the listing is odd, describes clone Rolex movement while the pics clearly show clone eta.

True.....

Luxuracer
34 minutes ago, HorFan said:

Perfect Clone has the most 'errors' in their listing. You have to pay attention and do your research to know for sure what you are getting.

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, HeftyJohnson said:

Who are GMF? And why haven’t I heard of them before?

GF Factory is a very new factory called Great Master factory (a.k.a GMF). They were just coming from out from nowhere with something incredible. They build such great Submariner 116610 LN and 116610 LV with 904L stainless steel and SA.3135 movement, DJ41 126333 with 904L, Breitling Superocean Abyss .

But if you look at the listing, it is for the GMT Master II 116719 BLRO "Pepsi" 2014 Baselworld

... not the new GMT Master II 126710 BLRO "Pepsi" 2018 Baselworld

PlanetZoom

GMF = Grandmaster Funk

grandmaster-funk-per-cussion-allstars-do

bogdan.manea
GF Factory is a very new factory called Great Master factory (a.k.a GMF). They were just coming from out from nowhere with something incredible. They build such great Submariner 116610 LN and 116610 LV with 904L stainless steel and SA.3135 movement, DJ41 126333 with 904L, Breitling Superocean Abyss .
But if you look at the listing, it is for the GMT Master II 116719 BLRO "Pepsi" 2014 Baselworld

Can you please post a link to such a great Submariner in 904L and SA 3135 on your most recommended TD?! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luxuracer
14 minutes ago, bogdan.manea said:

Can you please post a link to such a great Submariner in 904L and SA 3135 on your most recommended TD?! Thanksemoji1317.png

Any TD can get the GMF 116610 904L SA3135 ... just email and ask them.

There is a big debate over which Submariner is best ... ARF vs GMF vs Noob V9

I am not into ... 'who has the best sub?' ... nor promote GMF.

You have to do your own research and decide for yourself

Here is the link for TrustyTime and ChazingTime

http://trustytimestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=18436

https://chazingtime02.co/product/submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-gmf-11-best-edition-904l-ss-case-bracelet-sa3135/

bogdan.manea
Any TD can get the GMF 116610 904L SA3135 ... just email and ask them.
There is a big debate over which Submariner is best ... ARF vs GMF vs Noob V9
I am not into ... 'who has the best sub?' ... nor promote GMF.
You have to do your own research and decide for yourself
Here is the link for TrustyTime and ChazingTime
http://trustytimestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=18436
https://chazingtime02.co/product/submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-gmf-11-best-edition-904l-ss-case-bracelet-sa3135/

Thanks , I’ll do.

Joyjoyk

I always thought the big battle was between ARF and Noob V9.. didnt know gmf was counted in it too! Must read up on this

HeftyJohnson
17 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

I thought it was just the Jubilee bracket that made the difference between the 126710 and the 116719? But anyway, thank you for such a detailed response! 

16 hours ago, PlanetZoom said:

GMF = Grandmaster Funk

grandmaster-funk-per-cussion-allstars-do

Quite the industry jump from music to replicas...

deju

Another fucking factory name yay! 

Genius

the bezel insert still looks shit as the pepsi ceramic always has on every rep ever... $368+shipping, they can jog on

Mary Watch

AR submariner is the best submariner, IMO.   but it depend your choice.  

lrnz

Insert doesn't look ceramic to me

Luxuracer
15 hours ago, Joyjoyk said:

I always thought the big battle was between ARF and Noob V9.. didnt know gmf was counted in it too! Must read up on this

Noob has a huge fan base. They nick pick on every single 'flaw' of all other factory submariners, from the rehaut engraving to the circle of the crown on the dial, none of which can be seen by the naked eyes. And they accept the biggest and most obvious flaw of the Noob Sub-c, the bezel insert.  :rofl:

HeftyJohnson

Interesting new development;

This very same watch just appeared on puretime (someone who actually makes informative listings). Whilst the listing at the time of writing this is not complete, the pictures that are there reveal and interesting name for GMF - Great Master (manu)Factory.

How odd.

Here’s the link - https://puretime.io/rlx2018061203.html

It might not work once the listing has been completed.

mysterio
On 6/7/2018 at 23:36, deju said:

Another fucking factory name yay! 

Actually AFF have not yet come out with their reps yet. :lol:

NFleischer

They are not same as GF that makes all the new Breitling reps ??

Pseudorep

Sadly dial is wrong. When I saw the giant Rolex billboard this morning with the new GMT Pepsi I noticed there's now a coronet between Swiss & Made.

Never fear though, just need to put a noob crystal on and the LEC will do the same job lol.

greg_r

GMF = Goats Making Fakes.

I blame RWI

laughinggoathotel.jpg