Sign in to follow this  
ThinkBachs

Introducing the new Rolex DEEPSEA Sea-Dweller (DSSD) called DEEPSEA Tacticalâ„¢

ThinkBachs

I've been playing with an idea to create a Rolex DEEPSEA that takes the initial design to an unparalleled next level. After months of design considerations, the concept is now complete. I never thought I'd ever find my "grail watch" but it seems that when you least expect it, boom- there it is. :nana:

Introducing the Rolex DEEPSEA Tacticalâ„¢

DEEPSEA-Tactical.jpg

Lume shot added...

DEEPSEA-Tactical-lume-shot-3.jpg

Details:

Satinized Rolex Pro-Hunter dial

Rolex Tudor Ranger II handset

Dial and handset superlumed white/green

Red second hand

Red print date disk

Crystal underside single AR coated

Pearl replaced with previous version inset pearl for rigorous stability

Bead blasted

Bracelet, crown, and bezel are DLC'd

Case receives an extremely durable NATO gun finish

The DLC is being handled by Pbdad going through Avitt. I'll be taking care of the case finish and sourcing the parts- all of which are either on hand or on the way. Ideally, I'd love to have a DSSD dial with custom red DEEPSEA and TACTICAL on it. Someday...

I'm currently looking for someone with excellent luming skills and can communicate in a timely manner. All those involved will receive full recognition in the final writeup once the project is complete.

wat44

have you seen "Live and Let Die" recently?

Q gives 007 a rolex that glows red on pushing a button (and has powerful magnet) - but the red glow might be called for

wat44

LMAO - I just googled for it and came up with the"saw"

wat44

ThinkBachs

BAH! What the hell good is a "Buzz Saw" watch that you can stop with your finger? Good for entertaining kids I guess. :P

ThinkBachs

Instead of a saw, maybe a nice blade instead...

rolex-spy-watch.jpg

gtwc

Beautiful watch.

Good luck with your creation.

Ped

do you think having all the bezel indices lumed as well would be too much on your design?

powderfreak

That thing looks mean :notworthy: ... I like!

Greenhat

Use tritium light source, and 24HR markers on bessel like this ...http://polarwatches.info/sports-watches-reviews/luminox-mens-3059-evo-navy-seal-colormark-watch.html Put me down for 1

ThinkBachs
do you think having all the bezel indices lumed as well would be too much on your design?

I had played with that idea and decided against it. If the lume where under the insert as it is on the Ploprof, then maybe, but my understanding with this idea is that it might not hold up well being exposed to the elements. I imagine that if this were worn in combat, it would be nice to be able to see the watch, but not have it seen by the enemy. :Whistle:

Ped

ah yes, prob wear off quickly

and another yes, a homing beacon we do not want!

Greenhat
ah yes, prob wear off quickly

and another yes, a homing beacon we do not want!

Well it works for me in the field on my Traser, just cover it with black ( QUACK,QUACK) TAPE

http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/PX/index.html

Edited by Her`flik

ThinkBachs
Use tritium light source, and 24HR markers on bezel like this ...http://polarwatches.info/sports-watches-reviews/luminox-mens-3059-evo-navy-seal-colormark-watch.html Put me down for 1

3051BO.jpgluminox-3059_01.jpg

It would be wicked cool if I could get dial markers all around like the bezel dot. Not sure about the tubes though...

As far as the dial work goes, I'd love to have Ska do it. His satin finish and lume work are great.

opus9

wow thats lovely...put it like this,If i could buy it...I would!!

ThinkBachs

This is neat to watch...

Greenhat
Use tritium light source, and 24HR markers on bezel like this ...http://polarwatches.info/sports-watches-reviews/luminox-mens-3059-evo-navy-seal-colormark-watch.html Put me down for 1

3051BO.jpgluminox-3059_01.jpg

It would be wicked cool if I could get dial markers all around like the bezel dot. Not sure about the tubes though...

As far as the dial work goes, I'd love to have Ska do it. His satin finish and lume work are great.

Find out the cost, We all get together and put it in production....... how about doing Rolex Sub with olive case and a desent black rubber strap........................ i do like that orange Luminox

ThinkBachs

I'm all in on the black rubber strap for sure. Still hoping to hear from Ska about doing the lume/dial work, haven't gotten a reply yet from my pm a few days ago.

Some ideas might be:

ome98850000.jpg

$208.00

Omega Black Rubber Strap 21 mm Long. Special 21 mm wide Omega Rubber strap comes only in long length, takes special buckle below. You must have or order one of thes buckles to use this strap, since like all Omega straps it does not come with a buckle.

lance.P.jpg

$128

WOW! Racy and dynamic design matched with high technological competence both in caoutchouc material used and the "Leonardo" integrated attachment. This exciting bracelet which inspires by high touch and wearing comfort is furthermore equipped with an elegant stainless steel folding buckle which allows individual length adjustment.

straps5.jpg

utcgroup.jpg

22mm fits Zulu UTC Grey G10 NATO Military Watch Strap

utc-g10-nato-military-divers-watchband-fits-zulu

* FAST, FREE U.S. shipping.

* FAST $2.50 international / worldwide shipping.

* Color: Gray.

* Made in Germany.

* 22mm wide.

* 2mm-thick heavy cross-woven ballistic nylon.

* 295mm (11-1/2 inches) long, excluding buckle.

* 17 holes, starting 40mm from end and spaced 7.5mm.

* Fits wrists 5-1/2 to 10 inches.

* 78mm between second and third rings (where watch sits).

* 316L non-magnetic stainless steel hardware.

* Joints and edges securely heat-welded; holes and ends heat sealed per UK Ministry of Defence / NATO specifications.

* 'UTC' stands for Coordinated Universal Time (Zulu time).

* Also called 'G10' after the requisition form used by military personnel.

* To determine your required band size, measure the distance (in millimeters) between the lugs of your watch.

* Fits dive / SCUBA, fire, police, aviator and military watches, including Torgoen, Luminox, Tag Heuer, Panerai, Rolex and Omega.

* Extra steps add up to a long-lasting, comfortable and non-irritating band that can take all sorts of punishment in the water and out.

* This band's ruggedness and tight weave are the best we've seen, and our customers agree.

# utc-g10-nato-military-divers-watchband-fits-zulu UTC fits Zulu straps available in brown, blue, black, grey and Army olive green in 18mm, 20mm, 22mm and 24mm.

Lots of great bands to choose from here:

HM1.jpg

http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstra...tch-Bands-.html

wat44

FYI

Stealth sub

ThinkBachs

project-x-designs-stealth-series-rolex-2.jpg

Boring. Wow, they took the bracelet off and colored the insert- oops, noticed they shaved the CGs. Mine's still cooler......... :)

wat44

I liked their choice of colour for the writing on the dial and matching NATO too...

powderfreak

Bump, 'cause I wanna know how it turned out...

Caliper

bumpity

me too.

barkingtoad

I want one !!