maxmix

Hi Guys - Sub Noob V8 or V9

maxmix

Hi Guys

I've been reading into this for what seems to be weeks on here, couple of questions before I part with my cash.....

(Bought lots of replicas over the years but looking for a good one now)

I've decided on Noob over ARF.....

Looking for some advice from people that actually own a Noob V7, V8 or V9 Stainless Submariner !

V7 price and watch looks right for me, but i've got a little extra cash together now, so do I buy a V8 ? or pay the extra for V9 ?

Mary (TD) has a V8 for me if I want one, price is fine and Paypal and EMS suit me perfectly....

Any last minute advice for me before my $400 leaves me :)

Thanks

maxmix

Kool-Aid

V9 all day mate!

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Tapatalk

Glaude

Oh boy what a can of worm you just opened, you have no idea :lol: 

From what I've read, V9 is the way to go, but @Luxuracer will answer you with part-bullshit part-true things in a short moment.

GingerApple

I had a v7, I have a v8 and I'm awaiting the return from service of an ARF (which I had in hand for just a few minutes before sending it off).

I've got to be honest, I could barely tell the difference between them except the bezel on the ARF is better. The Noob will be improved massively by a paint mod, but it's a 2 minute, $5 mod that anyone with hands can do easily so not a big deal. The v8 is a very good watch. Once my ARF is back from service, I shall compare it closely with the v8, keep my favourite and sell the (ever so slightly) lesser watch. As I'm an ARF fanboy, I expect to be selling the V8, but they're so close in terms of quality, it's not a done deal.  You'll be happy with any of the above I'd imagine.

• Like 1

EBB

you're paying for 904L steel with the newest version, which pretty much has no difference, so I say just save the $150 or whatever it is and get the one with 316, V7

Glaude
1 minute ago, EBB said:

you're paying for 904L steel with the newest version, which pretty much has no difference, so I say just save the $150 or whatever it is and get the one with 316, V7

If I remember correctly the V7 are hard to source now since they have been replaced with V8 and V9 (Mary info)

Chiquita Fanjita

If you're not arsed what type of steel its made from, go for the V8 that Mary already has sourced for you.

duddlyboy

I thought the V8 and V9 are the same watch,  bezel , dial , movements etc. Except the V9 is 904 and the V8 is 316 ( with the sudden re numbering and move from 8 to 9 ) ? 

The V7 is no longer available,  unless they find a forgotten watch that fell off the  production line gathering dust ??

Edited by duddlyboy

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, duddlyboy said:

I thought the V8 and V9 are the same watch,  bezel , dial , movements etc. Except the V9 is 904 and the V8 is 316 ?

The V7 is no longer available,  unless they find a forgotten watch that fell off the  production line gathering dust ??

Having said that, my supposed v8 came in 904L wrapping - you know, that plastic protective sticker with the red text 904l printed on it. I know there's been a suggestion on the forums that noob were lying about the V8 being 904l (it was certainly marketed that way to begin with) and I've also seen it said that different TDs call different versions different things (I'd my v8 may in fact be a v9).... all very confusing...

duddlyboy
13 minutes ago, Gingerbubba said:

Having said that, my supposed v8 came in 904L wrapping - you know, that plastic protective sticker with the red text 904l printed on it. I know there's been a suggestion on the forums that noob were lying about the V8 being 904l (it was certainly marketed that way to begin with) and I've also seen it said that different TDs call different versions different things (I'd my v8 may in fact be a v9).... all very confusing...

NO i didn't say that ! I'm not saying anybody lied or you purchsed a 316 ss watch wrapped up in 904L stickers ,The new V8 arrived on TD websites in 904 steel , this was very quickly superceded by the V9 in 904 SS . The V8 then appeared on TD websites at a cheaper price and in 316 ss alongside the V9 . I thought Mary posted about it about it last week , that the NOOB V8 and V9 are the same watch , but the V8 is 316 ss and V9 is 904 ?? I have looked on websites ( as i am sure you have ) and this is how they are now being sold . The TD i use confirmed what Mary said , as has a TD on RWI to me . I assumed they had just renamed the 904 version  V9 , and started producing an alternative in 316 which they now call the V8 . After all NOOB is only a assembly line/plant , they just buy the parts from various manufacturers and assemble them as watches .

Edited by duddlyboy

GingerApple

I'm bloody confused to be honest.  So what are those initial release v8's? I bought that first 'v8' in 904L the day the v8 was released. So is that a different v8 to the v8's that are now available? Is mine in effect then a v7 with 904l?

Luxuracer

There are a lot of confusion with the current Noob Submariner ... depend on who you talked to you will receive different info. Below are the general information.

- Noob V7 is no longer in production ... so anything left would be left over stock.

- Noob V8 supposed to be 316L with A2836 moment, but with mixed information some TD will tell you they have Noob V8 in 904L.

- Noob V9 come in 904L and have both A2836 and SA3135. There is a big discussion over RWI that there are many different batches of V9. Some have update case with correct lugs, cg, and SEL. Some have 'bad' case which are the same as V7.

It comes down to which movement and which 'steel' that you want. If you want 316L steel with A2836 movement there is only Noob V8. If you want 904L steel with SA3135 movement there is only Noob V9 since ARF do not have one with SH3135 yet.

If you want a Sub-c 904L steel and A2836 movement then there are ARF and Noob V9. My money is on the ARF because to the naked eyes the ARF looks better than the Noob V9. 

duddlyboy
26 minutes ago, Gingerbubba said:

I'm bloody confused to be honest.  So what are those initial release v8's? I bought that first 'v8' in 904L the day the v8 was released. So is that a different v8 to the v8's that are now available? Is mine in effect then a v7 with 904l?

Well it has to be a different V8 from the one you bought in 904 ss , as the V8 is now 316ss . I assumed ( i know that is a mistake ) , that the V9 is the V8 you bought they just changed the numeric designation . They then stuck all the parts into a 316 ss case and bracelet giving punters a cheaper alternative for those who weren't arsed about having a 904 watch, and called that the V8 . As Lux says the V8 comes with A2836 , the V9 a choice of A2836 or Rolex clone SA3135.

To tell you the truth i'm not bothered i'm after a VRF Max Hulk :D . I thought i had sourced one from a dealer on RWI last night but it seems i have been let down .

Poor old MaxMix (OP) must now wish he hadn't started this thread, and just purchased the watch from Mary. :D

Edited by duddlyboy

GingerApple

I've still no idea what my supposedv8 904L is then. It is very nice!

Luxuracer
18 minutes ago, Gingerbubba said:

Yes ... and yes ... Weasel!

If you bought the original V8 released early this year ... it is officially a V7 update to 904L steel. 

Since now the Noob 904L steel Sub are called V9 that is where the confusing come in. It seem like there are 'old' V8 904L mixing with the 'new' V9 904L, so people received 'different' QC on their V9 orders. Some got upgrade case, some got 'bad' case. my guess these 'bad' case V9 batches are 'old' V8 904L left over from the first release.

maxmix

Can of worms right enough lol

The thing is i've read most of  the reviews and theories, thats really why I was just wanting a last minute bit of input from actual owners etc

The comments are true regarding V7 (Getting hard to get now) Mary only has V8 + in stock ATM

Looking at trusted dealers on here, Mary (and team) seem to be on the ball.... (Anyone bought from her lately, please share your thoughts if you dont mind)

The final price (With Paypal) which suits me was $368 Paypal, plus an extra 5% pp fee.  and ems to UK is $30.

A V7 delivered to the UK for $400 (Around) £330 suits me perfectly.....

Yep not much difference between V9 (I thought) apart from watch casing, but not worth the extra as others have said for a little better steel (IMO)

Thanks guys

maxmix

Luxuracer
10 minutes ago, duddlyboy said:

To tell you the truth i'm not bothered i'm after a VRF Max Hulk :D . I thought i had sourced one from a dealer on RWI last night but it seems i have been let down .

VRF Max Hulk .... is the BEST Hulk for your money. It has the best bezel insert and doesn't try to break your bank with those 904L hype.

GingerApple
7 minutes ago, maxmix said:

Looking at trusted dealers on here, Mary (and team) seem to be on the ball.... (Anyone bought from her lately, please share your thoughts if you dont mind)

Yeah, all round awesome, can't go wrong.

duddlyboy
9 minutes ago, maxmix said:

The thing is i've read most of  the reviews and theories, thats really why I was just wanting a last minute bit of input from actual owners etc

The comments are true regarding V7 (Getting hard to get now) Mary only has V8 + in stock ATM

The final price (With Paypal) which suits me was $368 Paypal, plus an extra 5% pp fee.  and ems to UK is $30.

Yep not much difference between V9 (I thought) apart from watch casing, but not worth the extra as others have said for a little better steel (IMO)

Thanks guys

maxmix

Chap if it is any help i am after a Hulk, if i can't get the VRF Hulk Max ! Then i think i will purchase the NOOB V8 with A2836 movement , not arsed about 904 steel unless i go to a cheese and wine party with some metallurgists . Also save myself a few quid . 

Edited by duddlyboy

Luxuracer
11 minutes ago, maxmix said:

Thanks guys

maxmix

If Mary can get you a V8 316L SS A2836, then go with that one. It's an updated V7 with new case and bezel insert.

maxmix
3 minutes ago, duddlyboy said:

Chap if it is any help i am after a Hulk, if i can't get the VRF Hulk Max ! Then i think i will purchase the NOOB V8 with A2836 movement , not arsed about 904 steel unless i go to a cheese and wine party with some metallurgists . Also save myself a few quid . 

Thats what I'm think also ;)

Another question  (I've read on here A2836 movement (Not as good as A3135 I know) but seems to be more reliable in the long run !

I've seen here a few people have had crown / winder problems with the A3135 or just general movement failure !

What is recommended then for me, I did forget to ask Mary that, but I presume the prices I have put above will be for A2836

On the A2836 can gen parts be added at a later date (I've read on some versions of Subs that only A3135 movement watches accept gen parts !

Thanks

maxmix

Kool-Aid

My new V9 has the updated case with better lugs. Oh, no one seems to mention the platinum colour on the bezel is ACCURATE!

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Tapatalk

duddlyboy
6 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

VRF Max Hulk .... is the BEST Hulk for your money. It has the best bezel insert and doesn't try to break your bank with those 904L hype.

Yep there has been some confusion over them as well .First there was the VRF sub at $358 , then it became the new VRF MAX sub with upgrades at $398 . Now no mention of MAX on TD websites and back to $358 ( pictures look like it is pre upgrade model )???

However i thought i had sourced a MAX version from Sead TD on RWI , but he has gone quiet on me (waiting with CC , DC , ready to bank transfer, WU however he wants payment ) . His last message was garbled and i think offering me an alternative NOOB or ARF . So looks like no go .

FoxWilde

I think V8 is improved from the V7, and the V9 is a 904L version of the V8? Honestly I’m not sure anymore. Eh just get a VRF man

Edited by FoxWilde

duddlyboy
3 minutes ago, maxmix said:

Thats what I'm think also ;)

Another question  (I've read on here A2836 movement (Not as good as A3135 I know) but seems to be more reliable in the long run !

I've seen here a few people have had crown / winder problems with the A3135 or just general movement failure !

What is recommended then for me, I did forget to ask Mary that, but I presume the prices I have put above will be for A2836

On the A2836 can gen parts be added at a later date (I've read on some versions of Subs that only A3135 movement watches accept gen parts !

Thanks

maxmix

The A2836 is a tried and tested Chinese clone of the ETA 2836 , if it goes wrong you can just replace with a genuine ETA . The A3135 is a clone of the Rolex 3135 and will take genuine Rolex parts to repair movement . However you can't stick in a 2836  gen or clone if it goes FUBAR due to the crown postion . So you repair with genuine parts , or i assume you can try and source another clone movement from a dealer . The watch A2836 doesn't set the way a 3135 sets , but no one will know that when it is on your wrist .