maxmix

Hi Guys - Sub Noob V8 or V9

duddlyboy

I had little Chris down as a one rep man , he seems to have gone totally giddy over his V9.

Kool-Aid
I had little Chris down as a one rep man , he seems to have gone totally giddy over his V9.
Giddy up, giddy up! Yee-haw! Ride em cowboy!

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Tapatalk

maxmix

Right since the dick lords have sorted their lengths out :)

This is my unnoticed post lol

Last question for me :)

''Since we have went down the 'Hulk' route lol (Which I have looked at for a while)

What do you think about these 'Smurf' blue Subs ?

Not seen any decent ones for a while !

Can you get a Noob version of this ?

Anyone got one they could share a photo off ?''

Thanks

maxmix

[edit]PS Oh and great collection of watches :) 

Edited by maxmix

Luxuracer
6 minutes ago, maxmix said:

Both Noob and BP repped the Submariner 116619 Smurf.

The Noob is slightly better. 

GingerApple

The Noob smurf is one of my favourite watches (I'm a sucker for a blue dial). Great watch. 

maxmix
12 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Both Noob and BP repped the Submariner 116619 Smurf.

The Noob is slightly better. 

Thanks guys :)

Do you know of anyone that has stock, or should I just send Mary another email ?

Her prices seem fair etc

maxmix

Luxuracer
9 minutes ago, maxmix said:

Thanks guys :)

Do you know of anyone that has stock, or should I just send Mary another email ?

Her prices seem fair etc

maxmix

Yes ... Ask Mary to do a stock check for you ... or any TD can do it.

Best of luck

McGilli
45 minutes ago, maxmix said:

Her prices seem fair etc

Yep - you got it! She'll sort you out quick. Let us know how it goes, good luck!

maxmix
16 minutes ago, McGilli said:

Yep - you got it! She'll sort you out quick. Let us know how it goes, good luck!

So this is a V7 i'm asking her about ? What movement do I ask for ?

Thx

maxmix

Glaude
5 hours ago, maxmix said:

Right since the dick lords have sorted their lengths out :)

This is my unnoticed post lol

Last question for me :)

''Since we have went down the 'Hulk' route lol (Which I have looked at for a while)

What do you think about these 'Smurf' blue Subs ?

Not seen any decent ones for a while !

Anyone got one they could share a photo off ?''

Thanks

maxmix

[edit]PS Oh and great collection of watches :) 

You can't say I haven't warned you about the can of worms ! 

I didn't anticipate the preschool dick size contest, sorry for that but happy that you finally got the answer you wanted !

duddlyboy
10 hours ago, maxmix said:

So this is a V7 i'm asking her about ? What movement do I ask for ?

Thx

maxmix

Noob V7 116619 Smurf comes with A2836 movement .

Bezel markings not so good as all V7's.

Not seen BP version 

duddlyboy

Just adding to the confusion ' PureTime ' has the V8 in 316ss , and the V9 in 904ss . Both are available with the either the A2836 or  SA3135 movements . 

Edited by duddlyboy

mysterio
17 hours ago, EBB said:

That's pretty balanced, I think you need to add a tudor maybe...

2 PAMs out of the 24? That's not balanced. Unless the other watchbox has 12/24 PAMs.  :)

17 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Yup ... Sorry ... I can't afford the Noob V9 ... ! And I have to compensate for my small dick ... !

giphy.gif

Pictures or it didn't happen. I mean the second watch box. :lol:

Luxuracer
3 hours ago, mysterio said:

2 PAMs out of the 24? That's not balanced. Unless the other watchbox has 12/24 PAMs.  :)

Pictures or it didn't happen. I mean the second watch box. :lol:

To your disappointment, there only one more PAM, @mysterio ... the PAM380.

I don't know you remember, but I told you when I first joined RWI that the PAM is 12th on my list!?! And the reason that I would own any PAM at all is thank to you.

Here is my other watch box. I am working on a 56-slot display case for them.

IMG_20180614_085304.jpg

• Like 1

Luxuracer
5 hours ago, duddlyboy said:

Just adding to the confusion ' PureTime ' has the V8 in 316ss , and the V9 in 904ss . Both are available with the either the A2836 or  SA3135 movements . 

I think the dust starts to settle .... !

Noob doesn't want to remember the short-lived V8 904L

So the V8 is the updated V7 316L ... and the V9 is the new 904L

THXuk

I'm going to wait for the V11, by that moment in time, noob should have got through all the parts in the random noob parts bin, that I actually end up with a decent v9 :bananarider:

mysterio
12 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

To your disappointment, there only one more PAM, @mysterio ... the PAM380.

I don't know you remember, but I told you when I first joined RWI that the PAM is 12th on my list!?! And the reason that I would own any PAM at all is thank to you.

Here is my other watch box. I am working on a 56-slot display case for them.

IMG_20180614_085304.jpg

Just get a 200 slot watch case and have room for expansion.

Luxuracer
39 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Just get a 200 slot watch case and have room for expansion.

Nah ... 56 or 60 are the max I would go ... (yeah ... right ... look at where 12 got me to).

I would probably start trimming down to 24 ... ( I don't know when ... but eventually). 

Oh ... BTW ... When my son came and visited ... I told him he can have any watch that he wants ... Guess what he picked ... No, not a Rolex nor Omega ... but a PAM ... :rofl:

He had been wearing the PAM380 for a few months now, until he lost one of the lug screw. He just 'returned' it and picked up my PAM572.

mysterio
8 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Nah ... 56 or 60 are the max I would go ... (yeah ... right ... look at where 12 got me to).

I would probably start trimming down to 24 ... ( I don't know when ... but eventually). 

Oh ... BTW ... When my son came and visited ... I told him he can have any watch that he wants ... Guess what he picked ... No, not a Rolex nor Omega ... but a PAM ... :rofl:

He had been wearing the PAM380 for a few months now, until he lost one of the lug screw. He just 'returned' it and picked up my PAM572.

Get him some spare screws and a tube of loctite. Or if he doesn't change straps just apply it yourself and it'll be good to go. :D

maxmix
On 6/13/2018 at 23:08, Glaude said:

You can't say I haven't warned you about the can of worms ! 

I didn't anticipate the preschool dick size contest, sorry for that but happy that you finally got the answer you wanted !

Well thanks again everyone, I paid last night for a V8 Sub from Mary and shipping by EMS I went with my original thought....

Black face Sub (I had an original 20 years ago for about 3 years, which I sold to a diver in Aberdeen, Scotland....

Regretted it ever since, i've bought and sold $50 replicas on and off for 30 odd years, so a 'good' replica has been on my mind for ages....

I'm away for a weeks holiday for my Birthday with the missus, so I should be back in time for it arriving :)

Just waiting on a QC pic, then it will be on its way....

I'll put a couple of photos up when i'm back and sorted out....

Cheers

maxmix

Alan24
On 13/06/2018 at 18:31, TheGingerFerret said:

I had a v7, I have a v8 and I'm awaiting the return from service of an ARF (which I had in hand for just a few minutes before sending it off).

I've got to be honest, I could barely tell the difference between them except the bezel on the ARF is better. The Noob will be improved massively by a paint mod, but it's a 2 minute, $5 mod that anyone with hands can do easily so not a big deal. The v8 is a very good watch. Once my ARF is back from service, I shall compare it closely with the v8, keep my favourite and sell the (ever so slightly) lesser watch. As I'm an ARF fanboy, I expect to be selling the V8, but they're so close in terms of quality, it's not a done deal.  You'll be happy with any of the above I'd imagine.

@TheGingerFerret and @Luxuracer want to ask you as ARF experts, I am looking for a HULK, so if price is not a concern, which one is the right choice between Noob V8, V10 or ARF V3?

GingerApple

I think the best at the minute is the latest ZZF actually. Might want to search for that as I'm not sure.

OJHorology

@Alan24 Have a look here: 

• Like 1

Alan24

So finally who has the best HULK - this is an epic topic! This tricky green appleish colored bezel turns my mind, I wonder if black subs fans have same heated talks on who makes perfect black bezels)

"I think you have to decide whether you want a really great green watch that doesn't really compare well with the genuine, which to me means it can only be worn in situations where I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be around any Rolex aficionados or Hulk owners." - like this thought of mate from other forum.

Ranking looks as follows

1. ZZF

2. ARF

3. NOOB

here is a good discussion too https://www.repgeek.com/rolex/295373-arf-vs-noob-v9-116610lv-cant-mind.html .

OJHorology

I think that ranking is pretty similar for the black subs - love the zzf I got recently.