Sign in to follow this  
Ped

HELP!!!

Ped

please can anyone help, i sold my rep Omega GMT over on RWG as it didnt sell here, back in March and the person who bought it has just opened a paypal dispute with me, no warning no nothing. This is his message to me -

hi!

i got the watch some days ago, cause i was at holiday!

problem!

The crown is for spare, it doesnt run to change the time!

I went to the watchmaker and bought a new ( omega ) crown!

I paid 60 GBP for that!

Could you please refund me the half of it, cause it wasnt shown in the listing!

Me again. Now, this was sent recorded back mid-march, the watch was absolutely fine when it as sent. They want me to re-imburse them £30

what should i do?

Ped

Im going to be offline for this afternoon everyone, please dont think im ungrateful if i dont respond until later this evening/tonight

thank you in anticipation

KBH

I'm not sure what you can do since there's a PP dispute. It sounds like a no win situation. Other than asking for a copy of the jewelers receipt for proof, you really don't know if he's telling the truth or not.

If it was me, I'd probably just give him the 30gbp and be done with it. That's the problem with selling used watches to strangers.

ThinkBachs

What a fucking puke face! That asshole sure has some balls- replacing a rep part with a gen, then expecting you to pay for it! If I knew who that was and had access to that person, I'd punch him in his face so hard he'd spend the rest of his life sucking food out of a straw. I'd also tattoo DOUCHEBAG on his forehead...

I just noticed he's asking for half, so scratch the tattoo. I'd still punch him in the face though.

Del

Bummer peedog. Sounds like the guy is a fucking chancer. I'd ask for a copy of the receipt from the jewellers in the first instance - that should flush him out one way or another.

Ped

Here's what vie said people -

So you don't notify me of any problem, then you go get a gen crown and expect me to cough up some money? I suggest you need to think next time. I have the parts to fix that, I would have done it for free. I will refund you £20 for your trouble

P.s the watch was fine when it left me so don't suggest i sent you a faulty watch

Ped

So you don't notify me of any problem, then you go get a gen crown and expect me to cough up some money? I suggest you need to think next time. I have the parts to fix that, I would have done it for free. I will refund you £20 for your trouble

P.s the watch was fine when it left me so don't suggest i sent you a faulty watch

Thank you for the advice so far people

MikeMcNair

dude, this happened to me once, CALL PAYPAL AND TALK TO A HUMAN!!!!!!!! trust me, tell them your story, and the ammt of time that has passed, and the fact that there was NO COMMUNICATION UPON RECIEVING THE WATCH. tell them you sent him an HOMAGE (not a replica) and tell them it was recieved, and all was fine, then out of the blue he hits you with a dispute.

tell the PP people you can send them ALL CORROSPONDANCE you had, and tell them you are all about full disclosure, and the pachage was fine when you sent it.

trust me, if you DONT talk to a human, PP WILL, and that's a 100%, TAKE the 30 from your acct. if you TALK TO A HUMAN, they will NOT.

i have been through this a few times actually, and it always worked for me to call them personally, and tell my story, and throw in there a " i cant help it if someone doesnt notify me of a percieved problem, i cant help then, if they had told me, i would have tried to work something out, but person X got the item, and never complained, and it was perfect when i sent it, so i am not sure where this is coming from"

remember, HOMAGE, not replica (say this more than once, so it sinks in ) and you will be fine.

hope that helps. if you want ME TO CALL, i will, cause i can sell ice to an eskimo, no kidding, i have AMAZING verbal powers of persuasion, and EVERY DISPUTE on PP i have had, i talked my way out of (totalling 1000's of dollars, seriously)

MikeMcNair

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!! by offering to refund SOMETHING you are admitting guilt, and paypal will take that as acceptance of fault, and grant this dude his FULL MONEY bro!!!!!!

aaaahhhhhhhhh. i wish you read my post first. dammit.

and if you are to pay ANYTHING you MUST SEE PROOF that is cost him money, like DEL said. and PP must see this proof also, or cancel the acct to your bank, and notify your CC company about a potential fraud, so PP cant take the money.

trust me man, i have been through this shit before.

samurai dave

These things are difficult and we all have to trust each other a little. I would have thought that 'sold as seen' would apply here. It was working when it left you and without video evidence plus some kind of guarantee then 'unlucky'. Your goodwill gesture is more than enough I would have thought. Mind you having gen parts put in a watch you bought second hand off a watch forum does sound a bit odd, a receipt would be interesting to see.

Hope he takes the money and you can just chalk it up to experience.

Dave

Ped

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!! by offering to refund SOMETHING you are admitting guilt, and paypal will take that as acceptance of fault, and grant this dude his FULL MONEY bro!!!!!!

aaaahhhhhhhhh. i wish you read my post first. dammit.

and if you are to pay ANYTHING you MUST SEE PROOF that is cost him money, like DEL said. and PP must see this proof also, or cancel the acct to your bank, and notify your CC company about a potential fraud, so PP cant take the money.

trust me man, i have been through this shit before.

Ah sh!t Mike, guess I'll just see what happens and learn from experience. What a pr!ck I am!!!!!!!

opus9

As far as I am aware no dealer will put a real part on a rep watch,otherwise they are liable to loose the dealership and warranties that they offer.My advice is (and I have been through this on ebay,with someone who sold be a leather jacket,which turned out to be made of the inside of a john west tuna tin) is say you will offer a full refund upon receipt by registered post.Tell him to include the receipt from the jeweler. Then upon receipt check reality of part and start again by selling it on here (either with or without genuine part). ebay will not refuse your offer to refund in full upon receipt.Either way the guying buying it is going to give you a shit review,so best get back the watch.Also if he refuses to send it back,you don't have to do anything else.

regards

opus9

jameo210369

As above, tell him you need proof of the upgrade and as far as I am aware from my experience no watch repairer will take on a rep.

jdoe

I'd offer a full refund upon return of the watch.

Let him keep his crown.

Edited by jdoe

Rav747
What a fucking puke face! That asshole sure has some balls- replacing a rep part with a gen, then expecting you to pay for it! If I knew who that was and had access to that person, I'd punch him in his face so hard he'd spend the rest of his life sucking food out of a straw. I'd also tattoo DOUCHEBAG on his forehead...

I just noticed he's asking for half, so scratch the tattoo. I'd still punch him in the face though.

+1

What a Dick!

Ped

Thank you everyone, I haven't received a response to my message sent earlier. Will keep you updated

Thanks again

guami007
Thank you everyone, I haven't received a response to my message sent earlier. Will keep you updated

Thanks again

If you can, ask for receipt as others have mentioned. Also, try and talk to a human being as Mike has advised. Finally, I think that you should out this muh'fucka so that this does not happen to anyone again.

Ped

Funny, I was just about to ask if I should out them!!!

Balad1
Funny, I was just about to ask if I should out them!!!

Sure why not; is he a member here?

Ped

Same user name doesn't how up here on a search

pfcdre

so sorry peedog but does sound like a chancer ,i would phone paypal and tell the person whos got the watch to send you copy of reciept also tell paypal you never authorised them to go ahead and get watch repaired as you could have done that and considering when you buy something if its faulty you go back to where you bought it not get fixed independantly and present a bill, so at the mo its in your favour mate good luck

pfcdre

oh and dont givem a fuckin penny mate ,really ,dishonest shithead best of luck anyway oh whats there user name

Balad1

How about on RG or RWI?

Aren

Peedog,

He should have told you something was wrong immediately.

This sounds very suspicious.

He had time to go get new parts, but didn't take time to email you???

He decided to take action without consulting you, and giving you no alternative and now expects you to pay. That isn't right. With a new baby I can understand that you don't have the time or energy to devote to the dispute process...but that is an alternative.

If you go to through the PP process, your facts and claims are:

1) He failed to advise you of a problem at the time he knew there was a problem.

2) Deprived you the opportunity to take the merchandise back

3) He has already altered the merchandise without your consent

4) He only communicated with you after he altered the merchandise

5) He failed to attempt resolution with you before going to PP.

6) He hasn't provided proof of any damages for your consideration

7) He has deprived you of ownership rights and has been unjustly enriched.

8) The guy is a CAUC.

If you give the guy the benefit of the doubt, which it sounds like you have, then get the receipt from him. If it was fine when you sent it and he has not abused it, it could only have been damaged in shipping. If you had insurance on the package, submit it as an insurance claim. You can always take the watch back, do a refund and let him return his bezel.

This guy sounds like he is not telling the truth and he hasn't acted as an honourable and reasonable person would act in his dealings with you.

Sorry this happened to you. :clap:

Ped

How about on RG or RWI?

Not that I can see Balad

Thank you your time Aren, I will see what happens and I'm just about to start a thread over on RWG warning to be cautious when dealing with them