Sign in to follow this  
hk45ca

my gmt2c

hk45ca

i ordered this from my ad in oct of 2007. it was the second one they had sold, the first one was sold earlier that same day. check out the ar coating on the date mag only. it makes it much easier to read the date, (no more rolex salute). the solid link bracelet, new clasp design and comfort link are vast improvements over the previous version. i do like the thicker case design, it looks and wears larger than a 40mm watch. the ceramic bezel insert has to be my favorite thing about it. i would have replace a anodized aluminum insert about 5 times by now because of hitting it on airplane structure, the ceramic doesn't have a mark on it!!:rofl:

i apologize for my normal crappy pictures in advance. i truly feel this watch is the best value for the money that rolex is offering at this time.:D

hk :)

enjoy,

aVIFR8r.jpg

aVIJ8ai.jpg

aVIJs7r.jpg

aVIJOzJ.jpg

aVIKf0i.jpg

Pq9JFj9.jpg

aVILtkJ.jpg

aVIMdJr.jpg

aVIMZ79.jpg

aVIN85J.jpg

aVINOv9.jpg

AllergyDoc

It looks good on your beefy wrist.

The rep I had was one of the best I've ever owned. Too bad I played with the GMT hand and fouled up the movement.

sconehead

I'm starting to like these watches. A friend wore one at Aintree last month and I had a looong look at it. He paid £4500 from an AD for it in Feb, his brother bought a rep of it to wind him up and he said he could hardly tell the difference... what do they cost in the states?

greg_r

That's real nice, HK - the GMTIIc has long been one of my favourite Rollies.

Would be high on my list if I were to buy a gen...

hk45ca
I'm starting to like these watches. A friend wore one at Aintree last month and I had a looong look at it. He paid £4500 from an AD for it in Feb, his brother bought a rep of it to wind him up and he said he could hardly tell the difference... what do they cost in the states?

i haven't kept up with the price increases since i bought it but the last i heard it was almost 7,000.00. when i bought this one it was 5.950.00 and i paid 5,800.00.

P_Diddy

would be nice if they released the Pepsi in ceramic. :lol:

Member X

Only major difference between the gen and rep is the hand stack being wrong, isn't it?

P_Diddy

the rep comes with either correct hand stack OR incorrect hand stack

the incorrect hand stack has the more reliable movement.

Only major difference between the gen and rep is the hand stack being wrong, isn't it?

Edited by P_Diddy

trailboss99

"Came" with the correct hand stack. These are NLA AFIK.

Col.

houndoggie

And the gen has AR on the cyclops.

P_Diddy

Does the gen Sub have AR on cyclops?

does the WM9 v2 Sub have AR on the cyclops as well?

houndoggie

No and No.

P_Diddy

why the discrepancy between gen Sub and gen GMT?

No and No.

houndoggie
why the discrepancy between gen Sub and gen GMT?

No and No.

Well the GMT IIc is a relative new model and the upgrade to AR cyclops is nice. I don't know if the new Sub Ceramic has an AR cyclops (I would guess it does).

sconehead

@HD, going back to our shoutbox GMT IIc chat, in the second thumbnail how noticeable is the cyclops, even without expanding it? It looks way darker than the crystal, shows the black of the dial up better, spotted this on my friends gen right away, on the wrist...

Massimo

I remember your Ceramic, Doc, it was a great looking watch, sorry to hear of its demise.

HK, this gen looks amazing. How about the shine on that bracelet? Sooo good. The GMT is a favourite of mine and I have my own rep with incorrect hand stack and non-ceramic bezel, but still love it.

I read somewhere that the problem with the Pepsi dial is that they haven't worked out how to do the dual-colour bezel in ceramic yet.

houndoggie
@HD, going back to our shoutbox GMT IIc chat, in the second thumbnail how noticeable is the cyclops, even without expanding it? It looks way darker than the crystal, shows the black of the dial up better, spotted this on my friends gen right away, on the wrist...

I see it.. Now I will have to wait until someone sells their AR'ed cyclops GMT IIc.

P_Diddy

Was the cyclops only AR'd on the GMT II ceramic?

or was the cyclops on GMT II pepsi, AR'd as well?

I see it.. Now I will have to wait until someone sells their AR'ed cyclops GMT IIc.

sconehead

Just the ceramic...